X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

my friend's dad wrecked his Enzo!!!

Back when I lived in Utah, there was a rich kid that used to go out with us. His family was extremely wealthy and his dad collected Ferraris. When the Enzos came out, his dad bought one and actually let Road and Track use it for their review. Since then it's been featured on car shows on tv and other publications. - oh yeah i rode in it
    Since I stopped going out in Utah and then moved away I lost tough with him, until one of my friend's from Utah called me this weekend to tell me he read in the Wall Street Journal that my friend's dad wrecked his Enzo.

Anyway, I called the guy and he told me his dad was in a police charity rally and was driving on a closed highway going about 200 mph, hit a bump (the road was less than perfect), and went airborne. I guess he had some minor cracks and broken rips and is fine now...

See pics: http://auto.commongate.com/post/t-to...h/photos/12746

and here is before: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: my friend's dad wrecked his Enzo!!!

OUCH.

pretty amazing he walked away from it though...

Comment

• Funky Dredd
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2005

wow! at least he was ok and the airbags work!
      Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

First a German twat crashes an Enzo in Cali, now another one which gets a message from God in Utah... That brings the count down to 398 Enzos worldwide

Dayum, that guy should be dragged to Modena and back by the balls. The Enzo isn't a car, it's a piece of art.

Asshat

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

its not like it was his fault...blame the shitty road if anything.

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

U'll notice everything wrecked bar the cockpit, They took the same materials used in the Ferrari F1 car to make that.. Ive seen a couple of wrecked enzo pics and they all look ther same.. cockpit intact, engine lying dead away from it.. The car was designed with precision in mind.

tough break though for ur mates dad.. lucky hes alive.
            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• shosh
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

yeah thats what he said. he told he something really funny though: his dad didnt want to take any pain pills because he thought he should be punished and suffer for what he did

i think there's been more than 2 Enzo's wrecked so far

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Damn that looks like a crazy wreck. Glad he is alright but man but a shame for such a sweet car.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• TomTom
                  Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by day_for_night
                  its not like it was his fault...blame the shitty road if anything.
                  Yeah if you can't drive 200 mph on a road, what good is it for? Push the pedal to the metal no matter how the road is, this is the spirit! Maybe he just overestimated himself but it is sad about that car. He should never be allowed to a drive a Ferrari again and all his already owned Ferraris need to be given back. Ferrari black list. No Ferrari for you sir. You wreck them so go away.

Comment

• Garrick
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

This Enzo was participating in a rally in Utah on August 2, 2006 to raise money for charity when it lost control and rolled several times at very high speed. The driver, Richard Losee, suffered a cracked vertebrae in his neck and back, a few broken ribs and some other minor injuries.
                    sounds like a fairly serious injury to me. no pain pills either... ouch!
                    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• zeronineteen
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

that's a shame to see such a beautiful car destroyed. Glad to hear that the driver was ok. Did he really have to be going that fast though?
                      Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness.

Comment

• Garrick
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

yes. its an enzo. and its for charity... sheesh!
                        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• day_for_night
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                          Yeah if you can't drive 200 mph on a road, what good is it for? Push the pedal to the metal no matter how the road is, this is the spirit! Maybe he just overestimated himself but it is sad about that car. He should never be allowed to a drive a Ferrari again and all his already owned Ferraris need to be given back. Ferrari black list. No Ferrari for you sir. You wreck them so go away.
                          It was a rally there mr. sarcasm

they usually use freshly paved roads for those, not roads that are gonna send cars at high speeds airborne.

and the best drivers in the world still wreck...its just a matter of time if you are racing.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Right on! If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Comment

• shosh
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

He's been driving Ferraris since the 60s and has even been to racing schools. The guy does this sort of a thing regularly and is a great driver. From what his son told me, they are pissed because the Utah Highway Patrol didnt inspect the road thoroughly. When you let 35 supercars go as fast as they want you better make sure the road is in top shape, imo... At lease i got to ride in it before it died

Comment

Working...