• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

toasty

your opinion on this plz.

those funny ppl at the ACLU have already gotten thier nose in it. either way the guy is an idiot.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: toasty

Originally posted by thesightless
    your opinion on this plz.

those funny ppl at the ACLU have already gotten thier nose in it. either way the guy is an idiot.
    Not a great call, at least the way he did it. The way I read it, he wasn't looking to make a statement, more trying to raise awareness to the issue and get his students thinking. What better way to do that than to actually burn a flag and let the kids see how they react themselves.

It doesn't sound like the ACLU has any business involved, as the guy wasn't trying to express anything in particular, so it isn't as if his ability to speak freely is being impaired. It's more a question of what is good judgment in a classroom.

If I were him, I would have run it by the school administration first. It's not like he was clubbing baby seals in there, but he has to know that burning a flag is going to garner a reaction in some folks. It was stupid for him to not bother to clear that with the powers that be in advance. Apart from that, though, I don't have a huge problem with what he was trying to do. In a world where some teachers just go through the motions, it's nice to see someone thinking outside of the box and trying to activate kids' ability to think rather than just filling their brains with information.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

why two flags, I wonder. Two different classes, perhaps? Burning one and then following it up with another for good measure in the same class seems unnecessary, imo...

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

was watching CNN at lunch, they said the ACLU sent a lawyer donw there to keep tabs.

he should be tossed in prison for a day or two for sheer stupidity. wtf was he thinking lighting a fire in a school? the flag thing, well, i am for the banning of burning. but this idiot......... he is lucky nothing caught on fire. you know, cuz schools dont have tons of paper or anything.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...