can you really blow up a plane with liquids?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

can you really blow up a plane with liquids?

"Once the plane is over the ocean, very discreetly bring all of your gear into the toilet. You might need to make several trips to avoid drawing attention. Once your kit is in place, put a beaker containing the peroxide / acetone mixture into the ice water bath (Champagne bucket), and start adding the acid, drop by drop, while stirring constantly. Watch the reaction temperature carefully. The mixture will heat, and if it gets too hot, you?ll end up with a weak explosive. In fact, if it gets really hot, you?ll get a premature explosion possibly sufficient to kill you, but probably no one else. After a few hours - assuming, by some miracle, that the fumes haven?t overcome you or alerted passengers or the flight crew to your activities - you?ll have a quantity of TATP with which to carry out your mission. Now all you need to do is dry it for an hour or two."

Very interesting read: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08...t_terror_labs/
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: can you really blow up a plane with liquids?

maybe he doesnt realize that you dont need to make the plane explode. all you have to do is get near a window and use that small little amout to blow a window out. the air pressure at 40 thousand feet will do the rest fairly quickly.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

That's been disproven FYI, the air pressure at anything under 40,000 (below which most commercial flights operate) is NOT sufficient to do any harm to the plane as long the explosion doesn't drop the wings or the engines off.

Holes - even large enough to suck humans out - do nothing dangerous that affects its ability to stay airborn and even safely make an emergency landing. Other than freezing passengers to death at that altitude, the stuff that is potentially disastrous only happens in deep space.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

either way, i prefer to never have to be in the situation.

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

i blew up a bathroom once with liquids .....
          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

The Diarrhea thread is in the politics forum remoh
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
              Double hoodie beer monster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
              maybe he doesnt realize that you dont need to make the plane explode. all you have to do is get near a window and use that small little amout to blow a window out. the air pressure at 40 thousand feet will do the rest fairly quickly.
              yeah, disproven on mythbusters

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

^ lol @ mythbusters

Comment

• speciale
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                  yeah, disproven on mythbusters
                  they didn't prove anything except the pressure differential was not enough to suck a person through the window. They never took a wind speed outside of the window of 400 - 500 mph. At that speed you would get some suction. How much, I'm not really sure.

nonetheless, there is a incident where part of the roof of the plane came off and 1 flight attendant went bye bye.

As Kamal said, once the pressure evens out, the plane should be able to get back under control and drop low enough so everyone wont freeze to death.

Someone needs to test this theory in the air at 40k feet.
                  Originally posted by Miroslav
                  It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                  No Soup for You

Comment

• speciale
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Miroslav
                    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                    No Soup for You

Comment

• stencil_cp
                      Addiction started
                      • Aug 2005

my first thought when they were banning liquids was 'yeah, a molotov in the cockpit would do the trick...'

Comment

• thesightless
                        • Jun 2004

i say we should just ban anyone who has a tan and doesnt speak spanish. sry kamal

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by speciale
                          they didn't prove anything except the pressure differential was not enough to suck a person through the window. They never took a wind speed outside of the window of 400 - 500 mph. At that speed you would get some suction. How much, I'm not really sure.
                          There was a life or death show on National Geographic about a true life incident aboard a BA flight out of UK where the pilot's windscreen blew out due to faulty screws fitted on the most recent service to the glass panel.

At about 25,000 feet, the Captain of the plain got sucked out of his seat and eventually out of the aircraft but luckily for him, his legs got wedged into the joystick controller in front of him. The 3rd Engineer then leapt out of his chair to grab a hold of the captains legs while everything above his (the captain's) thighs was outside the aircraft at this point and they were flying at about 350 mph (iirc).

Eventually, the plane landed safely on the ground and miraculously, the Captain survived.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by thesightless
                            i say we should just ban anyone who has a tan and doesnt speak spanish. sry kamal
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• thesightless
                              • Jun 2004

LOL, YOU better learn how to pronounce me nombre es juan. cuz white people look at you guys and think, ''i wonder if he has a bomb in his backpack" god, stereotypes are wonderful

Comment

Working...