X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Question re Tanning

Despite the fact that it is August and I've had all summer to develop a base tan, the unfortunate fact of the matter is that I'm still pretty damn white. Well, I'm heading down to Mexico next week for a week of R&R where I'll be running around half naked most of the time, so I went ahead and signed up for a tanning package so I could try to get some color before I went down there.

By the way, this is not a vanity thing, this is a safety thing. To put it bluntly, I'm a pale mother fucker and I've learned the hard way that:

me - base tan + tropical sun = a lot of pain

Anyway, the clock is ticking and I've got to do what I've got to do. Is there a limit to how frequently you can crawl into a tanning bed? How much time do you have to give your skin to recover before you can go in for another session? Could I conceivably pop in every day between now and the time I leave?
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Question re Tanning

I think you need some metrosexual help bro

The minimum interval for a 15-20min session is 24hrs, but imo that's asking for melanomas. Just pop in three times a week for 15mins and you'll be fine. Just go easy the first time and find out how exactly your skin reacts to the UV rays.

alternative solution:

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

btw, it's kinda late to ask for miracle solutions anyway...

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
        btw, it's kinda late to ask for miracle solutions anyway...
        Yeah, I know, but I'm not looking to look like I've lived on the islands my whole life, I just need to get some color so I don't scorch myself on Day 1 (which I did on my last trip to Mexico, BTW). I went Tuesday and went again today, and I'm just wondering if I can step it up at all. Leaving a week from tomorrow morning.

This is where we're going, BTW:

Riviera Maya is one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico, with its transparent water, caves spouting fresh water and underground rivers.

Sirenis is a Spanish chain, I think, and we don't really have many of them over on this side of the pond, but they have a ton of properties in Ibiza. Do any of you over there in Europe (or anywhere, for that matter) have any experience with them?

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Never heard of them actually. I always go Melia or Riu. But it sure looks sweet!

Comment

• Lrn
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jan 2005

tanning help, sorry man thats really gay

Comment

• Hg_addict
              Addiction started
              • Dec 2005

By the way, this is not a vanity thing, this is a safety thing.
              if thats really the case then all you need is:

This is where to buy Bullfrog Sunscreen. Buy Quik Gel Broad Spectrum SPF Sunscreen & Mosquito Coast. The best bug spray, insect repellent, mosquito spray + sunscreen.

Comment

• threehills
                I heart Lollergirl
                • Jun 2005

seriously, if you are pale white, start in 5 min. Kinky is crazy to say 15. You will be burtn to all hell
                It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• NastyD
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                  I'm still pretty damn white
                  Not a good choice of user name eh Toasty. Maybe whitey would be better.
                  An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
                    seriously, if you are pale white, start in 5 min. Kinky is crazy to say 15. You will be burtn to all hell

US pussies

nah, 15 might be a little on the "well done" side of the scale. 5mins is good to start.

If you want info on waxing your legs and plucking your eyebrows, then talk to the wife, mmmmkay

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Lrn
                      tanning help, sorry man thats really gay
                      Hey, Snakes on a Plane. Gotta do it.

Originally posted by Hg_addict
                      if thats really the case then all you need is:

http://www.bullfrogsunscreen.com/
                      Problem is that you've actually got to apply that shit. Repeatedly. The reality is that you go to these all-inclusive places, start sucking down drinks, lounging around, etc. and it just doesn't seem as important as it does as I sit here right now, rock dead sober. It amazed me how quickly I got burnt down there last time. Literally took like 5 minutes at 4 pm for me to go from Casper the Friendly Ghost to something resembling an eggplant. I was like, "Hey, it's 4 pm, sun's not that strong, I don't need anything. Wrongo.

I'll still wear sunscreen, of course, but it's so much easier to just have some color so there is a window of time between the time the sunscreen wears off and the sunburn really starts to occur. A buffer, if you will...

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
                        did 5 the other day (which turned out to be just right) and 15 today (although it was on one of those beds with UVA -only rays). If I had done 15 in a regular bed, I'd be toast, if you'll pardon the pun...

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

One thing I kinda discovered on my own is, before going into the sun, throw on a bunch of Lotion to moisturize your skin...thats helped my skin absorb the sun instead of getting a tan and pealing, etc....go in the shade/inside often, if you feel like your burning a little, you probably are burning a lot

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• anonin
                            Juvenile Delinquent
                            • Oct 2005

its bare laughs when someone calls something on this board "gay", if your posting on a prog house internet messegeboard that consists of 98% males, thats gay by default.

Comment

• Mr.Big
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Nov 2004

tbf anonin this forum is full of semi normal people from what i gather..

Toasty cmon now its a gay post to begin with haha.. lol
                              www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                              Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

Working...