• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Question re Tanning

Originally posted by anonin
    its bare laughs when someone calls something on this board "gay", if your posting on a prog house internet messegeboard that consists of 98% males, thats gay by default.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by anonin
      its bare laughs when someone calls something on this board "gay", if your posting on a prog house internet messegeboard that consists of 98% males, thats gay by default.
      I was actually wondering how long it would take for you to come out of the closet.

Comment

• Kat
        A pretty fn good milkshake
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by toasty
        Anyway, the clock is ticking and I've got to do what I've got to do. Is there a limit to how frequently you can crawl into a tanning bed? How much time do you have to give your skin to recover before you can go in for another session? Could I conceivably pop in every day between now and the time I leave?
        if your skin is pale by nature its a good thing to get prepared before going to expose to a real sun, just DONT do it every day!! Skin needs to be insolated for at least 8-10 times before melanin starts developing faster then your skin will develop a natural sun protection which means you'll get tanned!

Originally posted by KinKyJ
        btw, it's kinda late to ask for miracle solutions anyway...
        true

Originally posted by toasty
        This is where we're going, BTW:

Riviera Maya is one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico, with its transparent water, caves spouting fresh water and underground rivers.

Sirenis is a Spanish chain, I think, and we don't really have many of them over on this side of the pond, but they have a ton of properties in Ibiza. Do any of you over there in Europe (or anywhere, for that matter) have any experience with them?
        nice

Originally posted by Lrn
        tanning help, sorry man thats really gay
        Lrn wake up - nowdays straight men do much more to look good than just artificial tanning

Originally posted by floridaorange
        One thing I kinda discovered on my own is, before going into the sun, throw on a bunch of Lotion to moisturize your skin...thats helped my skin absorb the sun instead of getting a tan and pealing, etc....go in the shade/inside often, if you feel like your burning a little, you probably are burning a lot
        very true - moisturezed skin can develop melanin much faster - and yes, stay in the shade as much as possible!

Originally posted by Mr.Big
        tbf anonin this forum is full of semi normal people from what i gather..

Toasty cmon now its a gay post to begin with haha.. lol
        again - nothing gay about it!! this goes to anonin too!

Question: why is everything that includes taking care of yourself and trying to look good gay to you?
        I have quite a lot of male friends that shave everywhere (thats right verywhere - looks sexy as hell), wear pink shirts, do inside tanning, go to a beauty salon and they are very much straight - nobody I know calls them gay!

so there you have a female point of view
        ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

^^^ as long as you don't go plucking your eyebrows and bleaching your ass, I'm cool with it. However, shaving all over... Ermmm anh, but that's just a matter of taste imo...

Comment

• Kat
            A pretty fn good milkshake
            • Mar 2006

^^ try it - you might be surprised and Erzina would probably enjoy it too when .... you know...
            ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

^^^ trimming is at far as it goes. She likes men, not boys

Comment

• DancingQueen
                AVB FanClub | President
                • Oct 2005

Go 3-4 times/wk for 10-15min and you should be ok (depending on your skin).

When you get to Mexico make sure you wear lots of sun screen...you will still tan, just won't burn to a crisp!

Have fun
                sigpic
                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Mr.Big
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Nov 2004

Katkich im all about the modern day man.. I guess im fairly metro but asking for tanning help on MS is abit gay tbf.
                  www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                  Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

I was aware when I posted the question that it probably the most macho post I've ever offered. On the other hand, if there's one place I might expect a bunch of dudes to know a thing or two about something as metrosexual as getting a decent fake tan qucikly, [ms] isn't that crazy a place to start. Most of us have spent a fair amount of time in clubs, and let's face it, you see a lot of well dressed, well groomed, and well-tanned people in the clubs I've frequented. It's not like I'm posting this on a forum for bikers or math enthusiasts.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Ignore them toasty....they all secretly want to know the answer as well anyways
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• sammwalk
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jun 2004

do you tan at all? if you don't tan easily, then it's probably not a good idea to be out in the sun or in a tanning salon at all. white people are all different; some tan better than others. if you burn or freckle easily, you're on your way to melanoma.

putting down a "base" is probably just as damaging as going out in the sun white. possibly even more so, because you're unlikey to use sunscreen in a tanning salon! how about wearing 30-45 the first few days, then 15 for a few, then 8, etc. let it happen gradually...don't burn yourself, especially if you burn easily.

Comment

• Lrn
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jan 2005

Lrn wake up - nowdays straight men do much more to look good than just artificial tanning
                          well call me old fashion but id ralther spend my money on coke then in a tanning booth. i guess i have to get wit the times

i did say gay just as a joke im really dont hate on gay people, my boss is gay and i wend to a drag show in the tenderloin (sf) on wednesday, but honestly do you need help to get a tan, just sit in the sun, when you think you feel like your gonna burn get out of the sun or use more sunscreen.......

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                            Katkich im all about the modern day man.. I guess im fairly metro but asking for tanning help on MS is abit gay tbf.
                            1) modern day man... no offense man, but that "new man"/"new lad" and what not shit was invented by so-called trendy women's magazines in order to... I dunno, ... in order to find something to write about apart from yet another diet or 20 ways to get rid of your pubic hair... or something along those lines. I once heard that the "new man" is a guy who lets a nice beer burp escape while changing a diaper, waddaloadacrap! The lousiest marketing attempt in history imo

2) "fairly metro": elaborate plz... sounds to me like you spend 3hrs in the bathroom every morning, but you're too pussy to admit it.

3) a question about tanning on ms gay? I don't really get that tbh. I think shouting GAY GAY GAY says more about the people shouting than about the guy asking the question.

but then again, who am I anyway? oh yes, the guy who got his ass royally flamed for admitting the use of moisturizer Is that thread still on here btw? can't find it...

Originally posted by Lrn
                            well call me old fashion but id ralther spend my money on coke then in a tanning booth. i guess i have to get wit the times
                            imo a tanning booth is going to do less damage to your skin than coke...

Comment

• Lrn
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jan 2005

Comment

Working...