X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

So how was your summer??

I think ive come to terms now that summertime is dead so was wondering what were your highlights? For me seeing all my fav Dj's and acts at Hi:Fi and only recently Daft Punk @ Marley park in Dublin.

Didnt get to go away anywhere for a holiday which sucked i have to say.. ahh well maybe next year.. I bring u my top 4 videos.

Sasha and Digweed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVd5dyIjUFI

Watching all these people going nuts to vitalic as i was spaced out on a hill beside the main stage. Last Dj on after 2days.

Recently going to see Daft punk 12 years after they first came to play here.. Amazing Sound and Vision.

www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: So how was your summer??

mine sucked. my company switched me from 8-5 to noon-8 for the whole summer... about 3 and a half months total. i just switched back to 8-5 last week, just in time for the summer to end

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Summer is over.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

Meh, my summer was so-so. I was in school until Aug 18th so that sucked a bit. My highlights would be:

- Eddie Halliwell (end of May) - hung out in the DJ Booth and interviewed him. Such a nice guy
        - Chris opening for Greg Benz @ Phoenix Night Club (London ON)
        - Chris playing @ Touch Lounge (TO), Surface Night Club (Ottawa), Revolution Night Club (Waterloo).
        - hanging out with Greg Benz and some other friends getting drunk every few weekends
        - completing my course at Seneca College (TO)
        - going back to Kingston to party with my old friends like the good old days
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• benda
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2004

Summer hasn't even started.

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

^^^ Ah yeah forgot ur summer starts at xmas..

Damn you
            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• stencil_cp
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2005

started great.
              saw cut chemist and kid beyond.
              then my girlfriend moved to mexico which sucks.
              sigh... diggers next week! rock!

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

shitty...pretty much. Worked 2 jobs, so most days I was gone from about 9:30am and didn't get back until midnight...or later if I went out. Not fun I tell ya. Just quit the day job on Friday so this past weekend I got to close it on a banger

Did get to see some good parties and DJ's though...Roger Sanchez, Sharam, Cedric Gervais, Markus Schulz, Matthew Dekay, DJ Rap & Sultan. Beyond that...that's it.

Looking forward to the fall and a much needed break..and a serious time to search and ponder on things.
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• dawnx
                  The Donator
                  • Jun 2004

Mine was crap as i worked 90hr weeks for 2 months solid but it pays the bills
                  and feeds the kids

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

My summer sucked royally as well. I worked my ass off in June and July, had a lot of crap to deal with and hardly went out. The weather in August was terrible and again there was more work than party.

The only bright spot was my holiday with Erzina and the engagement.

Weird, last year I had a kick ass summer, but 2006 was completely the other extreme. And when I look around in this thread, I guess that goes for a lot of people here.

Bleh, I just hope we're going to have a few sunny days in September before we dive into autumn...

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Average summer for me. Ended up moving back to my mums. Was planning on staying here for a few weeks until my friend sorted out a new house, but he pulled the plug, so i'm back with my mum for the foreseeable future. It's not too bad, I'm clearing my debts and getting fed properly, but my chances of bringing a girl back are zilch!

Summer started well, went to see Nick Warren & Dave Seaman the night before the World cup at Turnmills, was a quality night.

Went to the seaside at the height of the good weather which was a great weekend.

My summer will end in Ibiza in 3 weeks for a well earned break before the autumn kicks in and more hard work........

Comment

• DreamGirlie
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

aboslutely amazing summer for me!

- disneyworld
                        - lots of weekend get aways
                        - a ton of beach weekends at various family beachhouses on the cape
                        - planned for wedding stuff
                        - saw some cool DJs but overall stayed out of the clubs/bars all summer...cant wait for fall to start going out 'inside' again
                        - camping in virginia with a lot of friends i havent seen in a couple years

overall it was just such a good summer. best ever possibly.
                        "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Too much work and not enough travel
                          Southern Hemisphere summers are much better
                          Bring on December and South America.
                          Lastly, it was a good summer on MS
                          for good sets and humor, cheers to all.
                          Originally posted by Shpira
                          So came back last night...
                          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                          Originally posted by Illuminate
                          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

I didn't get to go to Ibiza, and London this year. I dare to say it was shitty untillllll
                            I bought this:

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                              I didn't get to go to Ibiza, and London this year. I dare to say it was shitty untillllll
                              I bought this:

alright , alright, i see your stepping your car game up a bit, nice one

Comment

Working...