X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JK224
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2005

Hernan Cattaneo & John Digweed at the Guvernment, Toronto

Hernan played from 12:30-3 and John played from 3-6. Both djs played great sets, but I must say that I enjoyed John's set a bit more than Hernan's. It was my first time seeing JD live and I have to say it was pretty phenomenal; the mixing was perfect (he used his ipod too) and every track was bangin. Can't wait to see him again. I'll put up a few pics later on.
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Hernan Cattaneo & John Digweed at the Guvernment, Toronto

How did I miss this show
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Sounds like a great night.

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

must have been sick

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by JK224
          (he used his ipod too)
          how??
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Krystyan
            Platinum Poster
            • Oct 2004

have had the chance of seeing hernan & diggers playing both together 3 times in 3 consecutive decembers here in buenos aires... and each time was greater than the previous one...
            hernan always playing before diggers... doing incredibles warm ups
            and then diggers rocking the place from his first tune.

hopefully, we'll have them again next december.

please post the photos!
            https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• JK224
              Addiction started
              • Oct 2005

Here's some stuff

Please note these are not my pics, but taken by others

Some stuff played by John (no particular order):
              Pete Heller - Simpler (This was the 2nd track, actually)
              Peter Gunn - Damn Words
              Plastik - Plastik (Alex Dolby Remix)
              Martin H - Tromb
              David Guetta - Love Dont Let Me Go (Joe T Vanelli Instrumental)
              Audiofly - Inside The Beat (DJ Remo Drifted Mix)

And to answer the previous query about the ipod...after he mixed like 2 songs he had some tech guy move the turntables up so he could have room for it and plugged it into the mixer and the turntable (I have no idea why/what for so if anyone is tech savy please shed some light on this! Also its not visible in any pics, unfortunately.) But overall a killer night. Hopefully I'll dig up some more photos/ID a few more tracks as I get to see John again when he comes to Niagara Falls, Ontario!

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                Gold Gabber
                • Sep 2004

shitty that i had to miss this one. unfortunately i had to work on labor day. how was luke's set? fuck i wish i could have made it up for this. also, when is digweed playing in niagara falls?
                Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

Cool pics...looks like the booth was surrounded.

Comment

• rewing3
                    I really don't care
                    • Jun 2004

Sounds like a fun time. The ipod thing sound a little weird though.
                    Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
                      Sounds like a fun time. The ipod thing sound a little weird though.
                      next thing you know they will be switching from cdrs to ipods....that would really suck.

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

i'm betting the ipod thing was for some extra sound effects...

and it looks like they let in too many people, as usual at the guv.

Comment

• emre
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

It''s probably that sampler that he uses ... can't recall what it's called exactly but I reckon it works similar to the EFX series, and Digweed uses it for those lush transitions I guess.

Also, Digweeds records about every set on a small Philips mp3 recording device.

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by emre
                            Also, Digweeds records about every set on a small Philips mp3 recording device.
                            what does he do with these recordings?? i would love it if he would always play live sets on his radio show instead of the usual.

Comment

• Global Eyes
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2004

How does it happen that benny benassti got to close the Guv instead of any of the other 4 that played in Guv that night, is beyond me. Digweed was on fire, from start till finish. Actually surprised at the space in the Guv, compared to the Kool Haus and how it usually is, complete madness all night, but nothing compared to the Drum n Bass room capacity, WOW. Not as many sketchy people (asian's) as i have seen in the past neither. The one way traffic shit that happens pisses me off also. At the end of the night people were jacking bottles of booze from behind the bar in the DNB room for sometime, until a bouncer put a stop to that. Overall good night, just sad that i'll be missing Ben Watt in TO on Thursday, and on Friday in Montreal, for i dont live there.

Comment

Working...