guess what our government did this week.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

guess what our government did this week.

since monday, and thanks to mr. tom alaphant(boston columnist) for this, our house of representatives and senate have voted on ONE bill. the bill.... whether or not to outlaw 4, (FOUR), horse ranches that are killing horses for export. Bo Derek of all ppl was the woman who lobbied this last week. they took 5 days to decide on this. they said no, because agricultural pro's admitted that the horses are starving from lack of food in the wild. HOWEVER, and listen to this..... the opposition to ms derek said, in thier case for killing the horses, ''the horses in these locations are eating the corn which can be used for ethanol production''.

remember. vote responsibly in 60 days. and i dont mean just going democrat b/c the pres's admin is retarded. they are part of this problem we have right now too. research, learn and look at thier voting records. campaign speeches are selling points and sales pitches. look at the product before you buy the commercial.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: guess what our government did this week.

What a waste...but we all know that. Except we seem to look the other way. The social horde is just plain too stupid to recognize something as blatant as this. Until of course their colosseum is torn down.

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

i know, which is why i will attempt to do my part and continue to scream about voting responsibly rather than with party line, buzz word, politics. we all know we have a lame duck president who has terrible approval, but he doesnt run this government alone, it isnt him who passes bills into laws, its the houses. yes, GW and rummy have dropped the ball on nearly every major choice they make outside of economic policy (they actually are doing the best job in decades, ask a financeer or accountant), but voting for someone just a little less stupid than they are isnt the cure, the cure is finding out who they and what they are about before we make a decision. so spread this idea, no matter what your views are, you wont do yourself, me, or anyone else by going the route we did for the last two elections.... voting out of hatred for the deomcratic party. vote for those who stand for your beleifs. and dont vote cimply because they spout on about the big 3-4 topics. a guy can be pro choice and yet be a fucking idiot. so dont just vote for him because his opponent is pro life.

edit ::
      a great example is what is happening right now in the senate (go check out CSPAN). they de-classified the CIA's report on pre war intelligence. BOTH parties in the houses, and the presidential branch, viewed this document before we went, and BOTH came to the same conclusion. yes, they did, and now, since half the government does like the results that they originally stood behind, they are making it a topic, and using it for gain. i want to walk up to them and tell em that they made the choice, they better damn well live up to it.

btw, the votes on war, it passed in the senate 100%, and the house had less than 10 ppl vote against it.

see where i am going>?

Comment

• Lorn
        Looking for a title!
        • Sep 2004

Yup...sad, utter shite. The only thing that is going to cause huge changes is when peoples idea of constantly rising real estate prices is trounced when they realized thy owe more on their mortgage then their house is worth and when their 401K is decimated by half. Then we will see the sparks fly...oh yea.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

ya see. you just gave me material here. i'll try not to get ya angry with me, im not here to contradict you, but give more info. only because you chose to mention housing and 401 K.

housing prices have finally fallen back, they rose because we, as a whole, actually upped the average income for middle class citizens. the AICPA, most notably tony pugilese, the head of thier finance division, have published great reports to us dirty accountants. from 98 to 2001 the average guy lost value on thier proerty, while the higher end and extreme low end of ppl gained. after 01, when we fought out of the clinton sponsored scandals (go check out the bill he passed in 93 for the federal filings for the market) the market rebounded and everyone benifited, but it looked weird b/c major purchase costs increased. now it is settling back to a fair price nation wide, and also, the interest rates are at an all time low. the market has set records for consecutive days trading above 11,000. a lot of ppl were hurt by the trand of re-financing with flexible costs and paying points to shady brokerage houses. (stick with the big banks, they are solid).

and in regards to the 401k, they are doing better then OK, not great in that sense, but they are behaving solid and being managed better. they all took the hits with the SOX crackdown. but it was needed.

Comment

• Lorn
            Looking for a title!
            • Sep 2004

^^My point was that it will take those kinds of things to really make the masses wake up and do something different. I'm not saying it is happening or will happen.

Comment

Working...