X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

the [ms] ask a black guy thread...

in light of that "this picture needs no explanation" thread, it seems like some of you may have questions that require a black perspective , so in this thread you can ask me (a black guy, the only one on this board it seems like) questions, kinda like that one guy on chappelles show...

so, ask away

• thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: the [ms] ask a black guy thread...

whats with the spinning rims?

whats with the avirex jackets in june?

is wayne brady really a badass?
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Jagshemash! I have question. In Kazachstan horses can vote, black people can not. That not so in US and A. Why? You not like horses?

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

can you swim

Comment

• anonin
          Juvenile Delinquent
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by thesightless
          whats with the spinning rims?

whats with the avirex jackets in june?

is wayne brady really a badass?

1) Spinning rims are one of those things that developed in the hoods around america in order to project ones status around the hood, its a status symbol, nothing more, its the equivelent to your neighbor in suburbs getting that bmw 7-series. Spinning rims dont go over to well with older african americans, as they think its the stupidest thing ever, but with the younger crowd and the 20-somethings its very fashionable, especially seeing as its being pushed alot in hip hop and more specifically southern hip hop (which is the biggest hip hop sound right now), so it all comes full circle. When i was in atlanta i saw places where you can rent spinning rims, now thats some new shit i hadn't seen before, so you also have people getting creative with this shit.

*i should also note that the spinning rims phenomenon has been horribly pillaged by people just putting them on any old car, i disapprove of that, but if your an actual baller like shaq, then i see no problem with you rollin up to the party in your land rover on 22 inch spinning rims.

2) the avirex jackets in june look is just one trying to look "hard" or "gangsta" some people are into the puffed up, flashy ghetto jacket look, i never was into that kind of thing.

3) nah, wayne brady isn't a badass at all, he's actually a bitch, but that one chappelles show skit was pure jokes. i respect brady tho, one of the few black guys on t.v. with their own talk show, but whenever i tune in (which hasn't been in quite some time) he just comes off like a bitch to me.

Comment

• anonin
            Juvenile Delinquent
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by sakio pod
            can you swim

i was in boy scouts where i swam ALLL the time, i grew up going to summer camps on the coast of north carolina where i would swim ALLL the time. Most black people can swim, but it certainly isn't a very popular thing to do, mostly cuz of the cold water , but ask any black person if they want to chill in the hot tub and answer will always be yes.

Comment

• BureOne
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Are black people usually cold? Is it the certain type of blood that does not warm you up?

Comment

• anonin
                Juvenile Delinquent
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by floridaorange
                Do most black dudes think that white dudes shouldnt listen to rap or hip hop, because it wasn't written with them in mind? Therefore we can't really understand it??? I somewhat agree with that if its true, but at the same time, the new ROOTS album is so insane...those guys are am az ing.
                I dont think most black people actually beleive white dudes shouldnt listen to hip hop, because people can listen to whatever they want to, but there are black guys who think white people shouldnt listen to hip hop or have anything to do with it. period. The problem black guys have with white dudes listening to hip hop becomes a problem when the white dudes start to emulate the lifestyle, which quite frankly looks very ridiculous to black people and comes off as a mockery of the culture. I dont think you have to be black to understand the music, but alot of people think you do, it depends where your musical maturity and thinking is at. So to sum all that up: no, but some do.

and yea, that new roots album is sick.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                  Vortexuralizor
                  • Jun 2004

i like you anonin so in that i feel comfortable going for gold in one simple question....

is it true what they say about watermelon and chicken?

Comment

• anonin
                    Juvenile Delinquent
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BureOne
                    Are black people usually cold? Is it the certain type of blood that does not warm you up?

wtf?! i dont even know how to answer this one, are we usually cold? if its cold we are, if its hot we arn't, not sure what you mean by that one. As far as i know the blood in black people arn't exclusive to just black people, so again, not sure what that question meant either.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

seems im a bit late after reading the above mentioned thread.

-3 for jib

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

I'm willing to bet that Kool Aid is in more black peoples fridges as we speak than watermelon and or chicken...who doesnt love chicken though, its so versitle.

Cool thing about people who grew up with diversity around them is there ability to "problem solve" versus those who grew up in area's with less diversity. Different people thinking differently about different things give those who grew up in diverse area's the advantage...problem solving = life...anyway, thats my sociology lesson for the evening, lol.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                          seems im a bit late after reading the above mentioned thread.

-3 for jib
                          Yah dude.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

this thread a little funny and a little f*cked at the same time....

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                              i like you anonin so in that i feel comfortable going for gold in one simple question....

is it true what they say about watermelon and chicken?

thanks, your a top guy yourself

the thing about chicken is pretty true, its def. our weakness, but like i asked in that other thread "who dosn't like some chicken?" i dont think the "i love me some fried chicken" thing is exclusive to just black people, but has turned into one of those things pushed in the mainstream thats perpetuated into a stereotype. The chicken thing comes about because when you go to your local hood you'll see chicken joints, and most notably "church's chicken" this is because chicken is one of those dirt cheap foods, and you can get alot for your money, so you have a community where people don't have alot of money you need places that cater to that community, its not like your gonna see a sushi bar pop up in the middle of the hood, its all about the area in which its in, and thats one of the things that fuels that stereotype.

the watermelon thing is false, it depends on the specific person, but that came about as a result of back in the day after slaves were granted their freedom, they couldn't find work in the south, so what would happen is they would grow watermelon because its a very filling fruit and is refreshing in the hot sun, this situation was manipulated by some white people to project this image of a smiling pitch black grinning black person digging into a watermelon.

Comment

Working...