X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Tied in a Knot

As you all know my seemingly never-ending saga of wanting to buy a car has been going on since early this year and Sugana and myself are nearing the point we're ready to go ahead and pick up a car in the coming weeks.

I've been absolutely BITTEN with what the 3-Series can do and I've bottled my choices down to the following 2 vehicles (ironically their monthly payments are the same except the new one is 8 months longer).

I'm down to the following 2 cars and am having tough time deciding.

04 BMW 330I:

Loaded to the nipples with options (minus Nav)
    Cold weather package,
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Backup Sensors
    Harmon Kardon Stereo
    "M" racing wheels
    Camel Leather Power front seats
    Xenon Headlights
    Under 20,000 miles
    Balance warranty left

Brand Spanking new 06 325i
    Basic Basic Vehicle
    Artic Grey on Black Leatherette
    No Power seats
    No Xenons
    Full Warranty
    Heated Front Seats
    Backup Sensors

Am confused as hell, which one do you guys think I should go for. The pre-owned loaded one or the brand new base model one?
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • speciale
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Dec 2005

Re: Tied in a Knot

tough decision.
    Originally posted by Miroslav
    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
    No Soup for You

Comment

• jarble187
      vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      • Sep 2004

Id go with the used package deal. That car is loaded with goodies that Im sure you would enjoy! Its still got some warrnty left although thats something that you would never need to take advantage of.
      Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

both diesels?

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

Can you get an extended warranty on the used one? If so, I'd go with that one. 8 months of payments is 8 months of payments.

Comment

• picklemonkey
            Double hoodie beer monster
            • Jun 2004

buy more bandwidth for ms and give us more downloads

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Originally posted by speciale
              tough decision.
              at this stage.... EXTREMELY tough

Originally posted by KinKyJ
              both diesels?
              Nope, unleaded Gas

Originally posted by Lorn
              Can you get an extended warranty on the used one? If so, I'd go with that one. 8 months of payments is 8 months of payments.
              Yes, I checked with a BMW dealership and he said that since the vehicle is still under 20,000 miles, they can sell me an extended warranty (that also covers the full maintainence) upto 7 years / 100,000 miles.

Personally I like the black one too but the grey one will be brand new, will come standard with the iPod connector (which will be a purchase on the black one for about $160 + labor to install) and the Grey one will have full factory warranty, is better on fuel consumption but the older model "feels" better in terms of handling.

The only negative on the black one is that I assume it's in severe need of a tune up because the car doesn't SHOOT OFF from the get go unlike another 330 I test drove this weekend. The guy at the dealership said bring it in and we'll take care of it since its still under full maintenance warranty.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• skahound
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jun 2004

My wife and I just purchased (about a month ago) the '06 IS 250 loaded to the gills and it's absolutely amazing! Have you shopped the Lexus Kamal?
                A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

I have ..... but honestly I've test driven so many cars, nothing till date changed my mind so instantly as a bimmer behaving itself way above the speed limit, I'm sold like I have OCD
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• speciale
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Dec 2005

take the loaded one. the car is only 2 yrs old and beemers hold their value
                    Originally posted by Miroslav
                    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                    No Soup for You

Comment

• Mr.Big
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Nov 2004

Do you want a Bmw that much.. Im not a fan of either Kamal. Im still not set about the new shape 3series. If i had to choose id go for the 330i as the extras sell it.

Would you think of maybe an Audi A4 S-line 2.0L FSI..
                      www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                      Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

A complete options list would help...surely the new 6 comes w. more than that???

I like the 6 myself.

(wierd this is my 600th post)

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by Mr.Big
                          Do you want a Bmw that much.. Im not a fan of either Kamal. Im still not set about the new shape 3series. If i had to choose id go for the 330i as the extras sell it.

Would you think of maybe an Audi A4 S-line 2.0L FSI..
                          I was never a fan of them until I drove my brother in laws bimmer. Holy smackers what that vehicle did in the pouring rain with 4 adults in the car, even my Acura couldn't come remotely close. And he has a 325. That 330i was just MEAN. (The S4 is a little out of my budget).

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          A complete options list would help...surely the new 6 comes w. more than that???
                          Yes the new 6 comes with a shit load of options you can add on but none are in my budget. The picture I posted is of a vehicle thats very basic and fits in my budget i.e. the only options added to this particular vehicle are

- Automatic Transmission
                          - Heated Seats
                          - Park Assist
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

important question!!

what about the insurance??

all well and good looking at them on face value.

but long term that extra half a litre and the goodies could bump up your premium.ù

i'd choose the older car, depending on the long term damage of the insurance. anyway i prefer the older shape 3 series and black is just a cooler colour on a beemer

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

Insurance diff isnt a whole lot differemt
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...