X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyMadFlyGirl
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

9/11 Poem I wanted to share

I wrote this poem on 9/11 in 2002 (exaclty one year after the tragic day).. I wanted to share it with everyone... I belive it can be appreciated by anyone with heart and compassion for what happened 5 years ago today...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>
    “Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
    Angels watch me through the night. Guide me with thy morning light.
    If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul my Soul to take.”
    …………………………………………………………………………………………
    "Only One" written 9/11/2002

As I said my prayers with my son last night, I realized there's so much I don't say, with difficulty of expression, I'll do my best today.
    I ask family and friends, do you remember how you felt last year? It was one year ago today when a true enemy appeared.

- As I stood and watched in horror, as it all became so real, tears streamed down my face and in silence, I believe nobody knew how to feel.
    For there on the screen were the Twin Towers, engulfed in smoke and flames. Meanwhile watching somewhere was our enemy, smiling at the result of his games.

-I believe our enemy to be truly evil, scared and full of hate. I hope our enemy is scared of the Devil, for Hell is now their fate.
    As businesses closed and schools shut down, and I was on my way, to pick up my 2 year old son, wandering thoughts, what was I to say?

-Upon arriving, my daily greeting, Tyler running down the hall yelling "Mommy, Hi" fortunate to have the love of my son in my arms all I could do was cry.
    Pulling back, studying my face, Tyelr asked "Mommy are you okay?" I reassured him I was fine & explained a terrible thing had happened that day.

-How would those mothers explain to their babies, why they can't see their Daddy again? And I imagined the feeling of hopelessness of those final calls, before a tragic end!

-I held Tyler close and hugged him tight with this feeling of allowing no harm. And I prayed to God that he go to the families and embrace them in his arms.
    So they too could not feel alone, as the countless hours dragged on. Only to receive the horrible call that their loved one now was gone.

-On this day I pray for the families with their hearts full of sorrow and pain. Who will never again feel the touch of their loved ones, unkowingly passengers on those planes!
    Planes that would strike the Heart of a city, the Heart of a nation so strong. To our enemy we've established we will unite, knowing their attack was nothing but wrong.

-I think of the enemy as the Rabbit, who's lack of patience, pride & perseverance lost the race. I think of America as the Turtle, the one that wins, but graciously skips rubbing it in their face.

For after that day, and forever on, for all of America's loss, Our flags will fly high with Love in our hearts and our pride shows the U.S. is boss.

-Though there's nothing today I can do, to change what has been done, I wanted to take this time to express my thoughts to you on "Only One.."
    There's Only One of you and Only One of me. This is what makes our relationsihps special and why you're important to me.

-There were so many lives taken away, unexpectedly this Only One day, which resulted for so many people wishing they had Only One opportunity to say...

Only One "I Love You"
    Only One "Goodbye"
    Only One "You make me happy, and comfort me when I cry"
    Only One "You Hurt Me"
    Only One Question "Why?"
    Only One "I'm sorry, I should have told the truth and not lied."
    Only One "Good Morning Daddy"
    Only One "Let's Hold Hands"
    Only One "You played very well, as I watched you from the stands."
    Only One "It's your Turn"
    Only One "I tried"
    Only One "I love your eyes, when they look into mine."
    Only One "Thank you"
    Only One "Surprise!"
    Only One more HUG, to make you feel so good inside!

- This is my Only One way to tell you that you are loved by me today. Remember your Loved Ones may say it Only One more time, so don't ever turn away.
    For you may miss the importance, of the words they have the courage to say.

-So if you feel it, say "I Love You" or say the words I Care" I want to tell my Family "Thank you for being there!"
    Thank you for being Only One you and for being true as a friend, and as on Earth we have Only One life, I will love you Only One time; Until the End!
    ~SnOoPy WAS rIgHt! DoGgY sTyLe Is ThE bEsT~
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: 9/11 Poem I wanted to share

very touching sarah. thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Yea...thoughtful and graceful. Cheers.

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

touching, indeed. thanks for sharing that with us...thats real heart right there.
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
          • Jun 2004

I don't mean to be negative at all but did you borrow the first line from elsewhere?
          "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

no
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

Working...