• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: All in Perspective

Originally posted by Kamal
    FYI, the size and distance of space bodies are measured by the refraction of light (on the 7 color spectrum) and the timing between the subtle changes of these colors, which are picked up by sensitive telescopes and computed using algorithms to come up with estimated sizes and distances of stellar objects. God / Jehova / Bible had no role here boss.
    you never seize to amaze me Kamal

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I hope I said what I said correctly
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

I wanted to google around and find out exactly how scientists measure distant objects

Look at the search result 3rd from last

Oh the "stars" they find
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Nice. I'd like to measure my brown star, but today I'll just settle for this: how to measure penis size

Comment

• Bryanw24
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

PLEASEEEE dont get this started again. I think the last thread ended up being around 20 pages of religon this and religon that.

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bryanw24
              PLEASEEEE dont get this started again. I think the last thread ended up being around 20 pages of religon this and religon that.
              infidel, I spit in your presence. Jihad on you, your family and your dog

Maybe we should get a Religion forum alongside of the Politics one

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

yah, im in kamals boat here. faith is great to have, but lets be real here. science can be proven. religion is simply text written by people ages ago and warped by the leadership of the churches thoughout history.

to kamal. a cool side note. based upon the scale of earth, factoring in everest and the san marinas trench, if you were to take a laser instrument scaled to earth's size, and measure the curvature of the planet, it is more perfect than anything found on the planet naturally, and so far, nothing man made can even come close to how perfectly the planet is curved. the deviations on the surface of a cue ball are thousands of times worse than the deviations between the trench and everest if you factor in scale.
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by thesightless
                  to kamal. a cool side note. based upon the scale of earth, factoring in everest and the san marinas trench, if you were to take a laser instrument scaled to earth's size, and measure the curvature of the planet, it is more perfect than anything found on the planet naturally, and so far, nothing man made can even come close to how perfectly the planet is curved. the deviations on the surface of a cue ball are thousands of times worse than the deviations between the trench and everest if you factor in scale.
                  I hear ya, the rotation / revolution of the year over the last 3 billion years probably shaved off the rough edges
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• cowardly dj
                    ZangerBob
                    • Jun 2004

Imagine you are shooting a rifle at a 1000 yard target. If you move even a fraction of an inch on the rifle end you will be several feet off at the target end. Light being refracted causes things to seem different than they really are. A simple elementary school example is this: http://www.californiasciencecenter.o...endAPencil.php

Now imagine anything being off by one millionth on either end spanning the space of millions of miles and you should get my point. There is no flawless accurate way to measure something that large that far away without some margin of error either great or small. One of the tricky things about light is it's ability to pass through other light beams with no apparent collision. Light from the sun and light from your car headlights obvioulsy craoss paths with no consequence. We do not know as much about light as science would like you to believe. Now factor in how little we know about our universe and you have a recipe for guesswork.

It is not science to guess, it is guesswork to guess.
                    Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• cowardly dj
                      ZangerBob
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                      yah, im in kamals boat here. faith is great to have, but lets be real here. science can be proven. religion is simply text written by people ages ago and warped by the leadership of the churches thoughout history.

That is true there is nothing more perfectly round than the earth. That is what we call proof of perfect design.

As far as the religion being guess work it is far from guess work. It is mere fact and that can be proven without any doubt involved.
                      Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cowardly dj
                        That is true there is nothing more perfectly round than the earth. That is what we call proof of perfect design.

As far as the religion being guess work it is far from guess work. It is mere fact and that can be proven without any doubt involved.
                        For the second time, I'm still waiting for some of the proof that you were going to provide...

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by cowardly dj
                          Imagine you are shooting a rifle at a 1000 yard target. If you move even a fraction of an inch on the rifle end you will be several feet off at the target end. Light being refracted causes things to seem different than they really are. A simple elementary school example is this: http://www.californiasciencecenter.o...endAPencil.php

Now imagine anything being off by one millionth on either end spanning the space of millions of miles and you should get my point. There is no flawless accurate way to measure something that large that far away without some margin of error either great or small. One of the tricky things about light is it's ability to pass through other light beams with no apparent collision. Light from the sun and light from your car headlights obvioulsy craoss paths with no consequence. We do not know as much about light as science would like you to believe. Now factor in how little we know about our universe and you have a recipe for guesswork.

It is not science to guess, it is guesswork to guess.
                          You're making your guesswork on the inaccuracies of science by confusing yourself with two totally unrelated events. A bullet being off by an inch and reaching the target off center has nothing to do with light being off by an inch in relation to measuring intergalactic distances. That doesn't change the behaviour of light when it hits the telescope. Opposed to popular belief that light travels in a straight line, light can even bend thanks to gravity but I personally know of no experiments proving that such event changes the properties of light (just like you mentioned you dont know how 2 beams of light passing through each other do anything to alter each other)

Bottom line with experiments and the science behind such experiments (and the astronomy in this case) is that when the light hits the telescope, measurements are made based on that event and answers obtained based on resulting calculations. Even if you factor in a %age of innacuracy, that inaccuracy carries across ALL calculations and so even if all ANSWERS are off by that given %age, comparing the relative size of all objects with the SAME % offset essentially negates the inaccuracy of the calculations giving you an ACCURATE comparison of size.

Even more tricky in this case is how you're trying to fit God into this
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

two words.

human error.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

Moreover, they are at least able to offer some sort of calculative PROOF to support such experiments and show 100% of the people on the planet that the math (no matter how erroneous as you state) actually works to PROVE certain facts.

Show me a mathematical calculation that proves God.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• thesightless
                                • Jun 2004

if it is all true about god, then why can man create chemically and physically perfect diamonds in a lab, how can we clone organs and tissue, how can we create life from a test tube, how have we proven evolutionary scale, how come we can control everything if given the proper enviornment? how have shown that we are really nothing more than protons, nuetrons and electrons organized in a random matter? how come there is proof of life on other planets?

Comment

Working...