X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • influx
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: All in Perspective

so wait, let me get this straight.. you can prove, without a doubt, that god exists and created the universe solely based off a book that was written thousands of years ago, by MAN (not god)? that's utterly rediculous. just because something is said in a book, doesn't mean it's true, or that it was ever true. i could write that i am god on a piece of paper and does that mean it's true? of course not. just because something was said in the bible doesn't mean that it is a fact or that it was ever true. science, and fact for that matter, can be duplicated indefinitely and always have the same result. to try to say that the bible is the equivilent of scientific fact for christianity is ubsurd.
    i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

the bible is truth and is completely reproducable every time. just look at the revised testaments.

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

when i saw miketpoto in the users viewing this thread box i was waiting for a hydrogen bomb to go off.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

^^Maybe another day.

Comment

• neoee
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cowardly dj
            What is the first thing done at a crime scene? Collect evidence. It is good enough for you in your secular life yet you reject it in religion. That is called a double standard. You point the finger at religion and say it is unbelievable because you can not see proof. Well let me explain the truth about faith.

Cowardly first off we need to set a few things straight. When it comes to law you have civil matters where decisions are based on a perponderance of evidence, and criminal matters which are beyond reasonable doubt (favorable for the defense). However when you are trying to prove things in a scientific arena its a whole nother' story.

In science, theories are presented, in which attempts to disprove them are made- falsification. If you can poke a hole in the theory, it no longer holds true. Typically revisions are made to adjust our current understandings and then it may be represented.

Since religion always clashes with science, guess which standard you are going to have to meet? You came in here and started claiming that our distance measurements of stars and planets are incorrect and that somehow religion has the correct answers.

When it comes to answering the questions of the universe, religion tries to answer the WHY, while science tries to answer the HOW. The two don't have to disagree but the persons defending their positions always seem to.

If you want your evidence to be believed, as things in science are, you need to provide a theory that can be falsified. A theory that states there is a God, doesen't meet that criteria - and that's why its faith.

Ooh and regarding this quote:
            Here is another one. You can not see, taste,hear, smell, or feel time. Do you doubt it exists? Of course not. There is evidence of its existence all around you. Death, grey hair, the time it takes to read this, I could go on and on.

Time is measureable, so is death and grey hair. The same for gravity, even though we don't completely understand it workings, we can measure it, so therefore it exists. Now tell me, how does one measure God?
            "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Lorn
              Looking for a title!
              • Sep 2004

Nevermind.

(http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/breizhcelt/ATT000461.jpg) (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/breizhcelt/ATT000472.jpg) (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/breizhcelt/ATT000483.jpg) (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/breizhcelt/ATT000494.jpg) (http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/breizhcelt

Comment

• NastyD
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cowardly dj
                I assure you that we stand by the Bible and every word that is in it. Creation = 7 days, Evolution is not accepted as it is not spoken of in the Bible.
                So you don't believe in electric lights or the internal combustion engine then??? I don't think that these were in the Bible either.
                An ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

Comment

Working...