If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
okay, i'm using an older version of itunes. the songs seem like they take a half second or so to load; so maybe apple has just made it so that the next track is "preloaded" ready to go when the last one ends.
I won't upgrade on this computer because i'm using special software to convert the silly m4p files to mp3s so i have them for posterity. i'll try it on my main machine.
From what I can make out only the new iPods, not the current ones or the new Nano.
I would guess it will work on the new Nano, they're just not advertising it on the website. And it should only take a firmware upgrade to make it work on the old ones.
The new iTunes 7 comes with a firmware for the iPods. I have a 5th generation video iPod and it installed new firmware. Since then mix cds, after i put the Gapless Play on, work like a charm. Its like listening to a regular mix cd i bought! Makes things much smoother in the car now
Upgraded to itunes 7.02 and I hate it. It feels clunkier, the interface colors are dull, the gapless feature is ghey, and wtf is with the blue itunes icon?! Come on Apple, what happened to your fucking branding and integrated UI?!
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
iTunes 7 has thrown me for a loop... normally I am all about Apple and blah blah, but I think 7 is utterly rushed due to the small things they missed or forgot to fix or implement versus version 6.
It pisses me off to no extent that everytime I change the view settings for my iPod when it is connected, that when I disconnect and reconnect later it reverts to default view. I HATE all the extra fucking columns that I intentionally turn off, only to have them come back everytime.
Not to mention I load mixes onto my iPod, but half the time they all don't show up when I select the artist, only because the iPod shows the artist's mixes that have ID3 tag info for the album but not the mixes from the same artist that don't have that ID3 tag info... hmmm my 4th gen iPod could do this just fine.
These small annoyances have really added up and have made me downgrade to version 6 and back to using my 4th gen, just so that I get the functionality that should have carried over.... fucking ridiculous.
Good idea, I think I'll downgrade my POS iTunes 7.02 too.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoff
a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
Originally posted by m1sT3rL
Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
My wife just got a nano and it required that the version of iTunes I was using be updated so now I have 7.0.2. I'm hating it from the get-go.
How-oh-how do I disable the constant 'searching for album art information' every time I load a live mix? The box that's in the 'Preferences' tab relating to 'automatically update album art' is not currently checked. Also, it scans everything I load for the gapless playback which I don't care about because I don't listen to mix CDs that are broken up into tracks. How do I disable that feature? I really hate updating software just because a company thinks it's better.
A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
I have had no issues. I did not do a upgrade, but rather a clean install. Also what is great it kept all my previous preferences. I use a PC and have had zero, none, nil issues. Another sign Apple is falling with it's own systems. They are not the company they were. Pretty soon it will be Microsoft and Apple fighting for your desktop. AMD and Intel fighting for your power.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment