X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

pregunte acerca de sus medios

mi espanol es mierda, así que continuaré en ingles.
    se puso por favor la política de discurso

what are the media views in south america on hugo chavez, obviously they are skewed here in new york. so i wanted to ask those in the local region. we have no need to address any policy or speeches. i just wanted to know what the general views are. i.e. does the south american media view him in a positive or negative light?

again, i dont want to have arguements, just learn some facts i dont have access to in NYC, and cant read b/c my spanish is terrible.

usted puede contestar a mí vía a PM en ingles

gracias!
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • 1001Noches
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2006

Re: pregunte acerca de sus medios

Originally posted by thesightless
    mi espanol es mierda, así que continuaré en ingles.
    se puso por favor la política de discurso

what are the media views in south america on hugo chavez, obviously they are skewed here in new york. so i wanted to ask those in the local region. we have no need to address any policy or speeches. i just wanted to know what the general views are. i.e. does the south american media view him in a positive or negative light?

again, i dont want to have arguements, just learn some facts i dont have access to in NYC, and cant read b/c my spanish is terrible.

usted puede contestar a mí vía a PM en ingles

gracias!
    hi!

interesting matter...

his attack today on UN was very interesting.. his constructive criticism i thought brought up very good points.. he made a strong point today on the UN's authority to VETO..and the ridiculous influence the US has in that matter..not to mention that i do share his views on absolutely hating president bush... he speaks the truth on social events and thats why i think he's so criticised.. like everyone he has his positives and negatives. He is completely anti US with its power trip on latin and South America and he wants to block any kind of ordeal with the US having any involvement in South America.. . meaning he is againt the US building any camps or strategic camps around bolivia etc. he has done a lot socially .. and has helped Argentina as well with its debt that it has with the FMI.. he is what we can call in our Countries "populista" which basically means he represents the working class against the capitalists.

Again I think he makes his good points.. he is not a radical i think. And its always good to hear all kinds of opinions from different coutries and news papers and then come up with your own.. this is a huge topic of discussion because there are soo many different opinions to this subject. I can only speak for myself in this regard.

Its difficult to find oposing views sometimes on these issues.. but here is a great website if you dont know it:

www.democracynow.org

sorry chicos por contestarle en ingles.. si quieren q traduzca.. me avisan..
    besitos!

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

not so much on his points, merely, when you open a newspaper on a random day, are they bashing him or backing him?

i.e. here in america, every major outlet trashes bush, except one or two. so in general, the media views him negativly.

does the local caracas paper, for instance, say he is good or bad.

Comment

• 1001Noches
        Getting warmed up
        • Aug 2006

i mean why would people view him in a negative way though.. or bash him... he speaks a lot of truth.. he has a provocative style when he speaks.. and he enjoys being controversial..

Comment

• Fer_Sancho
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

1001 noches....

First thing first, I wish I could express myself like that in english =P

Secondly, I agree on every matter...

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

so the ,media backs him for the most part?>

this isnt a question on ideas, but on media coverage if that helps.

for instance, and throw out your views on his policiy for a sec, the local NY media and the national broadcasters like cnn, actually right now, have the title "stupid tirade at UN'' under the coverage of it. and they cover iran's president ''satan speaks'' in the paper.

as opposed to say a venezulan paper that may have a title like ''he speaks'' i.e. are they for him, opposed to him, or nuetral?
            our media hates the two of them.

Comment

• 1001Noches
              Getting warmed up
              • Aug 2006

so the ,media backs him for the most part?>

this isnt a question on ideas, but on media coverage if that helps.

for instance, and throw out your views on his policiy for a sec, the local NY media and the national broadcasters like cnn, actually right now, have the title "stupid tirade at UN'' under the coverage of it. and they cover iran's president ''satan speaks'' in the paper.

as opposed to say a venezulan paper that may have a title like ''he speaks'' i.e. are they for him, opposed to him, or nuetral?
              our media hates the two of them.
              i understand..

but the US media says that because local media and CNN in the US are absolute trash.. they dont know how to be objective like other media in the world:
              other Countries in the world try to be more objective even if the news paper tends to be more right or left winged... i mean unless you do some serious research trying to get "real news" in the US is really difficult.. you should check out democracy now.. and some other links i have.. even BBC world press is better than CNN: this is real media:

BBC WORLD PRESS: Chavez tells UN Bush is 'devil'

Newspaper el Clarin from Argentina: Chavez called Bush "the devil"

Newspaper La nacion from Argentina: warm response from washington on Chavez speech against Bush

Newspaper El Pais from Spain: Chavez compares Bush to the devil in United Nations

Newspaper from Venezuela El sol de Margarita from Venezuela: Chavez calls Bush "the devil" over his hegemonic pretensions

Newspaper from Venezuela La Cadena Global: Chavez explains his position on UN intervention

Newspaper from Chile El Mercurio: doesnt even say much other than the fact that Chavez wants to cancel a meet he had with the President of Chile so that there doesnt appear to be any "lobbying" regarding the situation with the UN

Newspaper from Brasil El Globo: Chavez calls Bush "the devil"

Newspaper from Bolivia Los Tiempos: Bush called the devil by Chavez

i guess thats one of the perks about speaking the language.. being able to read all these news papers... but again that re-instates what i said before.. its not that they like him or hate him or are neutral.. all these newspapers are giving "just the information" now whether or not people like him or not.. like i said before.. he speaks truth.. and ofcourse the US like you said hate him.. because he is completely Anti-Bush.. I dont even know if he is anti american but he hates the fact that Bush and the US act and have no clue as to foreign policy... media coverage in the US is absolute brain wash.. so its our job to find the close thing to the real story...

Comment

• Fer_Sancho
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

sightless, dont forget CNN is the most manipulated mean of media in the states...worst thing is that a big number of north americans not only watch it but believe every word the station broadcasts...

In our country theres not SUCH manipulation but it DOES exists...like broadcasting some news while oders more important or more scandalous remain unknown. Its not a question of saying whom they like or not...they could hate one or both of them, but still be broadcasting wothout judgement/criteria...like you said, instead of saying "stupid tirade at UN", say "chavez regarded Bush as THE DEVIL"

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Fer_Sancho
                  sightless, dont forget CNN is the most manipulated mean of media in the states...worst thing is that a big number of north americans not only watch it but believe every word the station broadcasts...

"

and that is why i asked you guys and girls.

personal opinions on him are a different day

Comment

• 1001Noches
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Fer_Sancho

In our country theres not SUCH manipulation but it DOES exists...like broadcasting some news while oders more important or more scandalous remain unknown. Its not a question of saying whom they like or not...they could hate one or both of them, but still be broadcasting wothout judgement/criteria...like you said, instead of saying "stupid tirade at UN", say "chavez regarded Bush as THE DEVIL"
                    muy bien ahi fer!
                    CNN es una mierda y da asco escucharlo...
                    es verdad q el manipuleo de CNN da verguenza aparte de otros medios..
                    congratulations por el uso del idioma too

Comment

• thesightless
                      • Jun 2004

are any of you beaners coming up for two's show here in NY?

Comment

• Fer_Sancho
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

are any of you beaners coming up for two's show here in NY?
                        I wish I could....!!! $$$

I should ask two if he´s got any room left in his luggage for me

Comment

• TheLanciaFan
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by 1001Noches
                          muy bien ahi fer!
                          CNN es una mierda y da asco escucharlo...
                          es verdad q el manipuleo de CNN da verguenza aparte de otros medios..
                          congratulations por el uso del idioma too
                          There´s no such thing as "independent media" these days.. every single media has a machinery behind which supports their statements... CNN, Fox...

but the thing that i reeeeally don´t understand is that despite the military actions in middle east, Bush´s low IQ, astronomical oil prices (and getting higher)... american people is gonna re elect mr.Bush!! it´s amazing but i guess he´s gonna win!!

And as for the Topic... Chavez is seen as the "pain in the ass" for de American Empire (sorry if it sounds rude, but that´s what Latin america think about USA). In these days of hidden truth and the " let´s take over that country cause we have economical interests on it and we shit on UN" policy of USA, people like Chavez, Castro, Morales, Lula y a little bit of Kirchner is needed in order to face a country that doesn´t see beyond it´s economical matters... (again, sorry if it sounds rude, but that´s what the lefts of the post USA open market policies Argentinian middle class thinks).

People with a higher economical level (who read newspapers like La Nacion, which has a totally different point of view as you might have seen a few topics behind, listen to a different kind of radio station, watch different TV channels and overall have economical issues to support their decisions) think that Chavez is some kind of perverse person who goes against the world and such type of politicians should be taken away from power at all costs... Not to mention Castro...

So, depending on the social class you are in or maybe you political heritage from your parents, there are faced opinions about mr.chavez.

cheers!

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

i dont argue opinions. we all have them. but i need to correct you here.
                            but the thing that i reeeeally don´t understand is that despite the military actions in middle east, Bush´s low IQ, astronomical oil prices (and getting higher)... american people is gonna re elect mr.Bush!! it´s amazing but i guess he´s gonna win!!
                            he cannot be re-elected. here in the USA we have two term limits on the executive branches at all levels. federal, state and local. no mayor, governer nor president is allowed to extend beyond 8 years.

but here in america. outside of this stupid, asinine war, people in the know regarding market economics, tax policy and federal funding to the states, still hold a favorable opinion to him in that aspect. again, 99%of this country hates these stupid wars fought on behalf of the most hopeless region on the planet, but his economic policy outside of military spending is one of the best in ages. the exchange based in NYC has had its longest streak of trading over 11,000 a day, the market is strong, employment is very very high, and other '' money factors'' are great. again, though, its the stupid iraq war and all the bullshit that came with it that really destroyed him. over 85% of our country was all for the afghan invasion, ill admit i was. its a shame that his cabinet and his motives in iraq destroyed his administration, because before 9/11 he was holding on to the single highest domestic approval rating ever. he had both major parties working together with minimal in fighting.

Comment

• Fer_Sancho
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

I thought it was the other way round ...!isnt the country or a few states losing money??

Originally posted by LacianFan
                              ....There?s no such thing as "independent media" these days..

Because someone is high society will read La Nacion?!?!?!?!? Sorry for not agreeing there Pablo, that statement is really lame! hehe...I consider miself middle class (struglying not to get lower) and I read La Nacion.

The thing about Chavez and Castro is a bit confusing....are you saying people HERE in Argentina with influences and high econocimal level think that Chavez is perverse?? or were you talking about pips on USA?

Regarding Bush reelection, I could only compare it with MENEM here in Argentina, same thing...nobody voted for him yet he almost won on 2002 (that would have REALLY sucked). Same with his reelection on 95...did anyone vote him??? Yet he was reelected... =/

Critical votes are the ones from high society (who put money in campaigns) and from lower clases (with a hot dog, a cola, and a few stupid promises that would never be fullfilled they get their atention), those things first plus a few fraudulent tricks and they get to the Casa Rosada, or White House in the USA case...Middle Class dont make the difference...

Hell, we are predestinated to cease to exist...high class grows as well as lower class while the middle class is smaller and smaller...but hey! newsaper says two million pips left poverty during the last year (????????????), I would consider advising the guy who wrote that note taking a trip outside the Federal District....ond notice how EVERY villa is getting bigger and NOT smaller...

I think the things that influence people on their political beliefs are, business, group of people you hang around with and political heritage from family (that point I do agree with you pablo)

question....why are we still talking in english? hehehehe

Comment

Working...