Leonidas Sampanis was stripped of his medal!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoUiS
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Leonidas Sampanis was stripped of his medal!

Check this out: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5777371/
    There are a lot of reasons why the testosterone of a person goes up.I don't think that leonidas took any drugs before the games!
    Don't take life too Seriously!!!
  • dimax
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jul 2004

Re:: Leonidas Sampanis was stripped of his medal!

this is a completely different story than the one that kenteris and thanou are in charged.the tests results shows that sampanis testosterone was twice higher than usual.the fact is that this hormone is completely useless for a weight-lifting athlete since it doesn't help me at all and it would be stupid for him to take it especially now,cause with this olympic games he ends his career.i wish him luck and i am very happy that tampakos(the lord of rings) has brought to greece another gold medal

Comment

• triggerb
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

I'm glad.

The more they expose the better...

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

This yr in the druggie olympics. but it is not like the 1st a weightlifter tested postive for drugs.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^^
          He didn't test positive for drugs, perhaps you need to read the article again. It also says he is the first to get a medal taken away, and the only other drug related insident were two runners who didn't show up for the drug test the night before the event. Which was probably because they got drunk and forgot. How is this a druggie year??

I agree with what he said, "there is somthing strange going on here." No way should he have gotten his medal taken away from him. Bastards.

Reminds me of the Winter Olympics a few years ago when that canadian snowboarder tested positive for THC, and thus, had to give his medal back. The amount of weed he would have had to smoke for such a small amount of THC to show up in his blood would have been about 1 hit more then 6 months before the event.

I don't care if he had smoked the night before the event, there is no way in hell a quick hit from a pipe would matter one way or the other. Much less 6 FRICKING MONTHS BEFORE.

If anything, it might harm his athletic ability because it relaxes your muscles to much for strenuous athletic activities. These people are stupid bastard b~tches. They need to step back and get a clue, next they will ban people for taking aspirin. Bastards.
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• beto
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

"The extra energy can transfer itself to the ability to train better, which is why athletes have probably since the dawn of time attempted to boost their testosterone, some simply through the force of their workouts, and some simply through the amount of drugs they are taking. Steroids are aimed at boosting testosterone, and one of the tests that doping testers do is to test your testosterone. Ben Johnson?s testosterone levels were so high in 1988 in Seoul that it was just obvious he?d been doing something."

from testosterone.uk.net

What? testosterone doesn't help weightlifters? ever been to a gym?

Of course.. he could also have testicular cancer, that's another reason for high testosterone levels...

Oh, and the snowboarder story, you're missing half of it: http://www.thehollandsentinel.net/st...keepmedal.html :wink:

Comment

• swedetech
              Gold Gabber
              • Jun 2004

Just face it!

ALL the Greeks are on steroids...

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• esef
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

^^^^^ yeah, the Greeks are all junkies!!! Ban em and BURN EM!!!

take no notice of this

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

• asimoulis
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

this is really sad... and most likely unfair

Comment

• lostros
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jul 2004

This is Modern Olympics...a Global Competition, Between Pharmaceutical Enterprises...pity!
                    Be A Bitch For A Night As Long As I'm Freak...Baby What You See It Must Not Be Me...

Comment

• YO75
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2004

I think they should ban Weight Lifting from the games, teach them a lesson, the use of steroids in gyms these days seems to be pretty common .......................................

plus the Germany equestrain team had their medals stripped of them for a minor infraction of the rules, so Greeks shouldn't have anything to complain about!
                      " I knew I was going to kick it - I've been kicking them all week "

Comment

• lostros
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jul 2004

hmmm...anything to add?
                        Be A Bitch For A Night As Long As I'm Freak...Baby What You See It Must Not Be Me...

Comment

• dimax
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by esef
                          ^^^^^ yeah, the Greeks are all junkies!!! Ban em and BURN EM!!!

take no notice of this

thanks man!at least we don't try to hide anything from the people...
                          and since you are from the u.s.a i think that you should be the last to talk for this subject.

Comment

• lostros
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jul 2004

I think Esef was sarcastic... :wink:

Doping is a real huge problem...apart from that Genetics and Biology has forced many athletes to accept altering even their D.N.A. so as to improve their records...

The guys that are competing nowadays are not Humans...Pity!

Comment

• esef
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ i was DEFF being sarcastic!!

look, no matter what sport you have there is always going to be people willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get .0001% ahead of the competition. this has been going on for ages and will continue to. i have no real solution other then making the athletes be subjected to constant scrutiny so the public is convinced they are "clean".

Greece, USA, Russia, Solamia, Peru... no matter where you're from the will to do whatever it takes, no matter what the physical abuse or social outcasting (word??), is overwhelming.

i'm sure there is nothing that compares to being on the top step at the olympics with a gold medal around your neck...

except maybe this.

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

Working...