X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbrahamG82
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2005

Production Mixing with Ableton 5

Here another question?? To mix using abelton live with an external mixer,, do you have to buy a special mixer? or any regular external mixer can be used to mix with ableton??
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

Re: Mixing with Ableton 5

You can use any mixer with midi out. For example, pioneer djm800/1000 (and I think there's a series 2 djm400 that has it too). Allen & Heath 3d and Xone:92 (and I think Xone:62) also have midi outs.

Otherwise, use a midi controller as a cheaper option. Behringer BCR200/BCF2000 are probably the best for their price range.

Comment

• Kinetic
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AbrahamG82
      Here another question?? To mix using abelton live with an external mixer,, do you have to buy a special mixer? or any regular external mixer can be used to mix with ableton??
      It is certainly very important to have a Mixer that sends MIDI data, like nikolic exemplified, especially because that way you can record all your knob/fader movements in Ableton itself.

Personally I use a Behringer BCR2000, which is obviously not a traditional mixer, instead it?s a MIDI controller with a huge ammount of knobs, and it does the job pretty well, it?s cheap and very popular amongst the Ableton community.

Go to this site : www.abletonlivedj.com, it?s got all the answers to these quetions and many more!
      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• billy.t.kanova

Otherwise, you can use a control surface like a Tascam FW-1884 or a Mackie Control Universal.
        I'm using a FW-1884 for produce and play live with Ableton Live, that's a fully programmable control surface with a very good audio/midi interface
        Look at also the NOVATION RemoteSL (ZeRO or Keyboard version), that's a very good stuff too!
        Last edited by Guest; October 20, 2006, 09:08:28 AM.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
          Platinum Poster
          • Feb 2006

Ecler Nuo4 seems to be another one that supports ableton. Don't know much about it, but it looks impressive.

Comment

• marcus wortley
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by billy.t.kanova
            Otherwise, you can use a control surface like a Tascam FW-1884 or a Mackie Control Universal.
            I'm using a FW-1884 for produce and play live with Ableton Live, that's a fully programmable control surface with a very good audio/midi interface
            Look at also the NOVATION RemoteSL (Zero of keyboard), that's a very good stuff too!
            Well said, also the BCF2000 is a steal as its also got Motofaders for automation follow

Comment

• marcus wortley
              Getting Somewhere
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kinetic
              It is certainly very important to have a Mixer that sends MIDI data, like nikolic exemplified, especially because that way you can record all your knob/fader movements in Ableton itself.

Personally I use a Behringer BCR2000, which is obviously not a traditional mixer, instead it?s a MIDI controller with a huge ammount of knobs, and it does the job pretty well, it?s cheap and very popular amongst the Ableton community.

Go to this site : www.abletonlivedj.com, it?s got all the answers to these quetions and many more!

Nice sig lol

Comment

• Kinetic
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by marcus wortley
                Nice sig lol
                It?s yours isn?t it?

I hope you don?t mind I just love the hypnotizing effect it has.
                "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• marcus wortley
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kinetic
                  It?s yours isn?t it?

I hope you don?t mind I just love the hypnotizing effect it has.

No I stole it off Galactica station and made it thicker, here have the rest:-

Comment

• hucky
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jan 2007

Just checked out the BCF2000..Awesome!! There goes my student loan!lol Oh well

Comment

Working...