X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

terror'fuc'em'up bill.

" The legislation also says the president can "interpret the meaning and application" of international standards for prisoner treatment, a provision intended to allow him to authorize aggressive interrogation methods that might otherwise be seen as illegal by international courts. "

I am not sure I feel this is an adequate resolution. I almost feel we are going to stoop to their level. Tough subject, just do not want to know what goes on the background. Just get the results, and don't tell me what you did. They could do that anyway.
    dead, yet alive.
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Re: terror'fuc'em'up bill.

This is a workaround because the wiretapping bit didn't get to go through.

The main problem is you start leaning into the world of "human rights" and how detainees should be treated, be it here or elsewhere....that and the US has been known to work and hold people that really they can't hold because there's little to no evidence...terrorist or not. BUT, if you have the right stuff against someone? Make them suffer...they want to try and attack people here, well, let's put the boot onto them a bit and see how they like it.

Ideally, the world would agree to a standardized method of terrorist interrorgations...problem is that some countries support it, so of course they're going to cry foul when someone from there gets held up....it just can't happen.
    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Re: terror'fuc'em'up bill.

I completely understand where that's coming from FM, but still... If we're the Free World, we should give the example, not lower ourselves to their standards. There's a thin line between vengance and justice and the US has been crossing it regulary since 9/11. Like I said, I can understand that, but it gives our enemies only more reasons to attack us and recruit more terrorists...

The level of civilisation of a society can be measured by the way a society treats its inmates...

Comment

Working...