X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Trentemoller - The Last Resort.

ok i am only two tracks in...but wow is this good. very unique sound. and the guy has some serious musical ability.

can't wait for some remixes (not that it needs to be)

Comment

• asdf_admin
      i use to be important
      • Jun 2004

yep. listened to "resort" about 5 times yesterday. now i am stuck on his EM mix.
      dead, yet alive.

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

just got a copy of this, very nice stuff

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
          Addiction started
          • Oct 2006

getting my copy now.... all the comments on here are getting me excited.. will have a listen to it later tonight
          "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• asdf_admin
            i use to be important
            • Jun 2004

just listened to it again. still damn good. mmm. mmm. mmm.
            dead, yet alive.

Comment

• clintlove
              Hey girl, ya Hungry?
              • Jun 2004

Great album, but I wish these cd's were mixed, at least the second disc.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Listening to this again. Every track stands out but

Moan

and

Nam Nam

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• anonin
                  Juvenile Delinquent
                  • Oct 2005

after further listens to this,i feel this album was a serious disapointment, "take me into your skin" was the standout track for me, but as far as an album goes, it leaves a TON to be desired, its a little too cold/soul-less IMO, the production is cutting edge and i don't doubt that countless hours went into the sound and nuances on this album, but all that super production covers up the fact that this album could have been alot better for mollers debut album. Thats been my #1 complaint with trentemoller, excellent producer, but no soul in the music.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Maybe you'll dig Holden's album then.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kinetic
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by anonin
                      after further listens to this,i feel this album was a serious disapointment, "take me into your skin" was the standout track for me, but as far as an album goes, it leaves a TON to be desired, its a little too cold/soul-less IMO, the production is cutting edge and i don't doubt that countless hours went into the sound and nuances on this album, but all that super production covers up the fact that this album could have been alot better for mollers debut album. Thats been my #1 complaint with trentemoller, excellent producer, but no soul in the music.
                      I wouldn?t be so harsh, but I actually kind of agree with you.

In my opinion it?s still a very good album, but I do agree that all the bombast in the production is kind of misleading. And having seen him DJ and heard reports from people who saw him on other occasions, his DJ?ing follows very much the same philosophy, a bit too much show off but only in spaces does he achieve any kind of depth. And it seems like he played pretty much the same set throughout all spring/summer, at least here in Portugal.
                      "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                      http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• ProgAgressive_Maniac
                        Addiction started
                        • Oct 2006

OMG.. this is class all the way

Sunstroke

Always Something Better

Moan

Stand outs for me!!!

its only my 1st listen but i'm sure its gonna be looping for a good week straight lol... very impressed
                        "Nobody ever bought a cd because it had a good signal to noise ratio" - 'David Moulton'

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kinetic
                          I wouldn´t be so harsh, but I actually kind of agree with you.

In my opinion it´s still a very good album, but I do agree that all the bombast in the production is kind of misleading. And having seen him DJ and heard reports from people who saw him on other occasions, his DJ´ing follows very much the same philosophy, a bit too much show off but only in spaces does he achieve any kind of depth. And it seems like he played pretty much the same set throughout all spring/summer, at least here in Portugal.
                          I'll have to disagree with you here. I think the style and production creates a very unique mood. I just imagine a dirty white rose emerging from a dark cold floor of steel on a cloudy night backdrop. Just enough soul emanating from Trentemollers techy sounds. Great album.

Comment

Working...