X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yao
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: neighbors

I think you already did it, but my solution was simply putting a big bolt in the ceiling and making my speaker hanging in the air free...not only does it diminish the sound travelling through walls/floor, but it also made the sound coming out of them crystal clear .

Other than that, the curtain/carpet tip Kinky gave you was probably the next best solution, esp. in combination with the rubber you bought for the subwoofer. And, I think there is a soundlimit of maybe 80 dB which you can produce legally during the day (at least here it is), but as far as I know our countries are pretty much the same in that people aren't supposed to bitch until 11pm about noise. She's got nothing on you at 6.30pm unless the whole effin neighbourhood can hear you...you might even get a noise test done.
    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• jarble187
      vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Yao
      I think you already did it, but my solution was simply putting a big bolt in the ceiling and making my speaker hanging in the air free...not only does it diminish the sound travelling through walls/floor, but it also made the sound coming out of them crystal clear .
      That was going to be my suggestion of sorts. Just make sure there is an airspace between your speakers and the floor which will help reduce vibration and sound transmission through the floor. Living in an apartment building, its going to be something you will have to deal with, and there is really no way around a shitty neighbor other than saving some money and buying your on pad that doesnt have any shared walls. Good luck.
      Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Originally posted by KinKyJ
        Anybody ideas for some sweet payback? Wanna get back to the fuckers upstairs and my landlord. Anything goes, just spill your evilness!

Collect the Cat Poo and smear it on their main door.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
          Collect the Cat Poo and smear it on their main door.
          Can you spare me a couple of pounds of holy cow dung?

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

yea if I was back home I could have, if you can't collect enough cat poo to smear the door, just smear the door knob, smaller and will ensure lasting nightmares to the twats
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

^^^ something tells me you've done that before K

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I hate cats, so no

When I lived at home in India), we had our own house so no fear of neighbors, I haven't owned a pet for the last 9 years (since I've been here) but I had a lot of dogs growing up in India

1 German Shepard, 4 Dobermans, 1 Boxer, 3 Spitz

as for me having done this before, what can I say, I'm just devious
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• progressive420
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

i think the problem is solved, at least for now. if she bitches again, i will turn it so loud she definently have something to complain about.can you say powered monitors.......
                  "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• ShawnD64
                    Quickshot the Minute Man
                    • Jan 2005

just remember flat is bad. in studios there is that foam on the walls shaped as triangles, or whatever (not really all that knowledgeable) so walls with nothing on them as well as windows is bad. i read that the cheap way to help sound proof is buy that egg foam stuff people put on their beds on the walls, looks like shit, buts supposed work pretty well.... obvioulsy not the best or even close to professional solution, but i guess it works ok
                    http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                    http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                    http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...