X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • man_who_wasnt_there
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2006

I've Been Robbed (Again)...

Inevitable it was that GU029 would be a pile of piss, but maybe I was wrong, it's far worse. Shame arse's like me paid for this 'underground' drivel. Back in the day when GU banged out mixtapes (being from the UK) and standard was easily acceptable. Let's cut this short... I'm well fucked off and can't wait for the release of Balance 010 by one of the masters (JVM). I feel like I've just chomped on one big feed of horseshit and would like a huge refund. GU can seriously suck my gonads from now on in, utter twats.

Next time spend wise and stop with the massive bollox you daft fat Newcastle cunts.

BTW give Warren his own series (probably the only one on your roster who can put a CD together) instead of Lawler / Deep Dish / Lavelle / Etc / Etc and every other fucker with a so called DJ name.
    Steve James 1978–2008
  • SyntaxTerror
    • Jun 2004

Re: I've Been Robbed (Again)...

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on this board. Well done man_who_wasnt_there!

PS: I haven't actually heard the cd, can it really be that bad?
    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
      Gold Gabber
      • Feb 2006

Yup, skip at all costs necessary.

Damn I need to drink a couple more, I'm fuming at this blatant thievery. Yes I'm the fool who owns the whole bastard back-catalogue. Welcome to the UK, house of the GU thief.
      Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• progressive420
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i agree with this, but on the GU board i got slamed for bitching about this cd. I actually like cd 1, and like two tracks on cd 2, but this will not being staying in my cd case long. Sharam's afterclub mix was pretty good(not the toronto mix though), so i thought this might be ok. hopefully Dubfire's mix is better, but i think i will just wait for Nick's new cd, which will kick ass.
        "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
          Gold Gabber
          • Feb 2006

Don't worry I was banned a long time ago for far less than disliking a few tacks on a GU compilation (and going against thy GU code), unless you're Irish over there it doesn't count for fuckall. Oh how I louthe those numb potato peelers.
          Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by man_who_wasnt_there
            Don't worry I was banned a long time ago

hmmm...

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• progressive420
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

i was bitchin how Sharam mixed it on ableton, which is fine, but he fucked it up still. also, he made a comment in the booklet about traveling djs only way to mix a comp these days. i think that is just laziness on his part. it sounds like an excuse to me. i mean Sasha's ableton mix is quite good, mixing,ect.
              "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

Inevitable it was that GU029 would be a pile of piss, but maybe I was wrong, it's far worse. Shame arse's like me paid for this 'underground' drivel. Back in the day when GU banged out mixtapes (being from the UK) and standard was easily acceptable. Let's cut this short... I'm well fucked off and can't wait for the release of Balance 010 by one of the masters (JVM). I feel like I've just chomped on one big feed of horseshit and would like a huge refund. GU can seriously suck my gonads from now on in, utter twats.

Next time spend wise and stop with the massive bollox you daft fat Newcastle cunts.

BTW give Warren his own series (probably the only one on your roster who can put a CD together) instead of Lawler / Deep Dish / Lavelle / Etc / Etc and every other fucker with a so called DJ name.
                Hey mate i feel your pain. That is why i get stuff of soulseek first and if i like the cd i buy it, if i don't i just delete it from my computer. Its the better way of doing it me thinks

Comment

• sakio pod
                  SALAD TOSSER
                  • Jun 2004

everyone got robbed......have you called the cops yet????????

Comment

• man_who_wasnt_there
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    hmmm...
                    Still hungover I see?
                    Steve James 1978–2008

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progressive420
                      i was bitchin how Sharam mixed it on ableton, which is fine, but he fucked it up still. also, he made a comment in the booklet about traveling djs only way to mix a comp these days. i think that is just laziness on his part. it sounds like an excuse to me. i mean Sasha's ableton mix is quite good, mixing,ect.

hell, a lot of us on here make mix cd's while we are dj'ing live. then just go and put it up as a promo. It's not hard to hook up a computer to some decks and hit record..
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jarble187
                        vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by progressive420
                        but on the GU board i got slamed for bitching about this cd.
                        I saw that, and they wouldnt leave you alone about stating your opinion either. I love how much this board differs from the rest. Fuck em.
                        Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• geoffgulley
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Apr 2005

+100

I said it before and I'll say it again... I will never, ever listen to anything he (sharam) does ever again until I receive a personal apology, a case of beer and a promise he'll never, ever do something as fucking awful as his "remix" of "party all the time" ever again....
                          "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• tiddles
                            Encryption, Jr.
                            • Jun 2004

i've pretty much ignored everything deepdish since i saw the cover of george is on

Comment

Working...