• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

yao, ben, jimbo, etc

interesting read.

grab that PDF at the bottom. makes ya think.

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • Lorn
    Looking for a title!
    • Sep 2004

Re: yao, ben, jimbo, etc

The UN is an institution in the death throws. Won't be long now.

Comment

• davetlv
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I've said it before and here it is again. The UN is a discredited organisation who aims to solely promote the interests of those of the largest voting blocks (and we all know who that is)

They have absolutly no credibility for they have shown that they are anything but impartial in the way in which they deal with issues that supposedly effect this planet.

The North Americans, Europeans and Austrliasians should pull out immediatly and let that piece of shit in NY implode into itself.

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Whatever the UN has done right has been reduced to zero by the times it has done absolutely nothing. But then again, the UN is nothing but a political arena for the big 5, who mostly veto the shit out of each other in order to look cool and tough and defend their economic interests....
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• davetlv
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
          But then again, the UN is nothing but a political arena for the big 5, who mostly veto the shit out of each other in order to look cool and tough and defend their economic interests....
          All that time in the African summer sun must be have an affect on you.

The UN is far greater than just the security council - see how the rest of it opperates and then you'll realise that the so-called big five are the least of your problems in that morally bankrupt organisation.

Comment

• rubyraks
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

The UN is an institution that only gets involved when its a no-lose situation...if there's a chance it won't be easy they seem to stand on the sidelines citing organizational impotence.

It is an organization that was created for a very different world 60 years, that was really only concerned with never having another world war again and it has been very slow to bring their structure up to a 21st century vision. Since they refuse to change, we might as well scrap it and start over.
            "Work like you don't need the money.
            Love like you've never been hurt.
            Dance like nobody's watching.
            Sing like nobody's listening.
            Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• thesightless
              • Jun 2004

yup, 60 years ago, everyone wanted peace and a uniform way of operating towards that. then they started implementing economic ideas for each of the members. if they allowed the IMF and WB to do thier job, they could simply limit the UN functioning to enforcing and attaining peace. this world needs to get on the same page and fight for whatever it is they want to. all this back and forth shit is stupid.

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
                All that time in the African summer sun must be have an affect on you.

The UN is far greater than just the security council - see how the rest of it opperates and then you'll realise that the so-called big five are the least of your problems in that morally bankrupt organisation.
                Yea, I have to say I am aware of all the other branches, but the biggest failure (or maybe: the most visible one) is that of the UNSC. But the UN as a whole doesn't function at all. Just like the damn UNHCR.

Ben is right when he says the UN only goes in when the chances of losses are minimal, but it's partially due to the fear of the member states these days to lose lives over a cause which isn't theirs - looking at how our parliament actually wants safety guarantees for combat missions, I sometimes get so frustrated. Intervention isn't about what needs to be done, it's about defending the interests of the most prominent member states of the UNSC.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• thesightless
                  • Jun 2004

wait until darfur really has to be helped out. (like it hasnt been there for 2 years)

the UN will be debating the cost of thier soldiers lives for months while the arab militias continue to kill thousands......

and frankly, darfur's only resolution at this point seems to be sending in an army and stopping the shit. the militias are running rampant and openly declare that submission isnt an option for them.

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Pf, that should've been done more than a year ago already, and still the UNSC is acting all pussy. Fcuk that veto-shit, its the biggest drawback on that whole council, literally crippling it.

Comment

• thesightless
                      • Jun 2004

it is disgusting how they grow balls when something effects a market place, but can sit back and watch thousands die in places that offer no incentive.

eh, if you are gonna get screamed at no matter when/who you decide to fight, i guess you'll fight when you can get something from it.

Comment

• superdave
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

The UN could be a much more powerful entitiy if the members put aside their own selfish interests. Currently, the UN is known as a do nothing organization and some consider it a criminal organization. It will be around for awhile longer, but really does it matter.
                        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...