X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JaimeJames
    Fresh Peossy
    • Oct 2006

Jaime James' Bio & 3 Promo Mixes, San Francisco Summer 2006

Jaime James' foray into the DJ scene began during the mid-80s in Northern California. Although he was associated with various DJ crews it wasn't until his younger brother brought home a pair of rickety Technics SL-BD20D's and a beat-up Numark mixer when things truly began. Eventually, a casual outing had Jaime making his first of many purchases of vinyl records which was predominantly hip-hop.

Jaime's DJ'ing experience went into full-speed after the DJ/owner of Divine Styles Productions unfortunately passed away. Subsequently, Jaime and his brother took over ownership and continued to not only DJ, but they provided sound and lighting reinforcement as well. The abundant gigs during the 1990's encompassed weddings, debutante balls, school proms, collegiate events, the nightclubs 111 Minna, Club X, Deco Lounge, Il Pirata and DJ/Production showcases, specifically the Battle Of The Bay-DJ's Extravaganza.

After almost a ten year hiatus and with mobile DJ'ing far behind him, Jaime returned to DJ'ing in the Spring of 2005 and delved into dance music. He currently DJ's under his birth name, Jaime James, and occasionally under Gaijin. In regards to Jaime's style of mixing, he incorporates an amalgamation of minimal/tech, electro and progressive but will blend in other dance genres that he feels will move the crowd.

In the year since his return, he has DJ'd at numerous "underground" events and clubs around the Bay Area, including the legendary 1015 Folsom, 330 Ritch, Blowfish Santana Row, Blue Monkey, Cardiff Lounge, Medjool Lounge, Paradise Lounge, The Shadow Lounge and Wish Bar & Lounge. He's also DJ'd for events sponsored by the clothing stores Club Monaco, Nike, the nationwide fitness center 24 Hr. Fitness and even Jane Magazine

This is my recent mix of minimal, tech-house, techno & electro-house that's been played in rotation by various internet radio stations including Live365.com-"Spectrum" (U.K. based), Proton Radio (U.S. based) and Frisky Radio (U.S. based). It was also showcased on Kostenlos.de-"macht gute Laune!" (a Germam music review site).

Click here to d/l direct from host site: Waking Dreams

Track Listing:
    1. Djuma Soundsystem-Les Djinn Remix (Trentemoller Remix)
    2. Kevin Gorman-Black & White (Alex Under remix)
    3. Catwash-Gate 31
    4. Solieb aka Oliver Lieb-Circus Maximus (Amix)
    5. Oliver Moldan-Phat Laces (Harada Remix)
    6. San Lebowski-The Reducer
    7. Unknown-White Label; Note: Remix/Mash-up of Kraftwerk & George Kranz
    8. Si Begg-VIP (Club Edit)
    9. Audiojack-Robot
    10. Spektrum-May Day (DJ T. Remix)
    11. Audio Soul Project-Don't Answer The Phone (Funk D'Void Remix)
    12. Andrea Doria-Miss Fear
    13. Perc & Gilbey-Mingle (dub mix)
    14. Thomas Schumacher-Rotor
    15. Luke Walker-Alias
    16. Sebastian-Ross Ross Ross
    17. Cosmic Rockerz-Lady In The Red Boots
    18. Azzido Da Bass feat. Johnny Blake-Lonely By Your Side (Booka Shade Remix)
    19. Trentemoller-Always Something Better (Trentemoller Remix)
    20. Baxendale-I Built This City For You (Michael Mayer Mix)
    21. Coldplay-Talk (Thin White Duke Mix)

This is my initial demo that was released earlier this summer and is compromised of minimal, tech-house, electro-house & progressive-house. It was played in rotation on Spain's national radio station, Radio 3 (Radio Nacional de España); DJ in Session-"Aún no me he repuesto...de la última noche que pasé contigo.". It subsequently prompted contract offers from a booking agency in Barcelona, Spain and another in Melle, Germany.

Click here to d/l direct from host site: A New Dawn

Tracklisting:
    1. Salif Keita-Yamore (Luciano Remix) Note: record sleeve states "Luciano~Yamore Remix (Original by Salif Keita)"
    2. Lindstrom-I Feel Space
    3. Booka Shade-Mandarine Girl
    4. Argy-Night Ritual
    5. Ame-Rej
    6. The Egg-Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix)
    7. Unknown-White Label; Note: Depeche Mode-Only When I Lose Myself (Lexicon Avenue Remix)
    8. Nick And Danny Chatelain-Is Killing Me
    9. Paul Woolford pres Bobby Peru-Erotic Discourse
    10. Roman Flugel-Geht's Noch?
    11. Supacell feat Pesca Faison-It's Here It's Now (The World Can't Do You No Harm)
    12. Cirez D-Knockout
    13. Antoine Clamaran-Take Off
    14. The Drill-The Drill
    15. Freeform Five-No More Conversations (Mylo Remix)
    16. MYNC Project-Something On Your Mind (Switch Remix)
    17. Switch-A Bit Patchy
    18. Cirez D-Teaser
    19. Digitalism-Zdarlight (Edition Moonlight)
    20. Deep Dish-Flashdance
    21. Spektrum-Kinda New (Tiefschwarz Dub)
    22. Eric Prydz & Steve Angello-Woz Not Woz

I was convinced by my beautiful friend Suzi (yes, that's her picture below), in Germany, that a deep house demo mix would be a nice change from my latest mixes. So, after a bit of internal debate, I decided to upload a mix I previously recorded live for anyone interested in hearing my earlier style of mixing and genre. Aside from the classics, the tracks are a bit older since I no longer purchase house or deep house tracks. On that note, this was more of a "what the hell" mix submission so, have at 'em....

Click here to d/l direct from host site: "Dear Suzi"

Track Listing:
    1. Mr. V feat. Miss Patty-Deep (House Music)
    2. Lawnchair Generals-Watching You
    3. Kimbu Kimra-Essential Things (Original Mix)
    4. Halo & Atwater-Change (Jask Thaisoul Mix)
    5. Ferrer & Sydenham Inc.-The Undertow (Limited Promo)
    6. Gnarls Barkley-Crazy (Spencer Collective Edit)
    7. Recloose-Dust (Main Mix)
    8. The Sunburst Band-Big Blow (Joey Negro Club Mix)
    9. Bugz In The Attic-Booty La La (Psyan's Bootleg Mix)
    10. Jon Cutler-It's Yours (Original Distant Music Mix)
    11. Knee Deep-Nassau Rules
    12. Grand High Priest-Mary Mary (Original Mix)
    13. Jaydee-Plastic Dreams (Long Version)
    14. Unknown-White Label Note: Remix of Liquid Dope by Masters At Work
    15. Sarah Washington-Everything (Mood II Swing Club Mix)
    16. Mario Fabriani-Winter In Bahia
    17. Jamie Lewis pres. Michelle Weeks-Give Praise (Jamie Lewis Main Mix)
    18. Julien Jabre-Swimming Places (Jerome Sydenham Remix)
    19. Morgan Page-County Line
    20. Trackheadz-Our Music (Original Mix)

MUSIC IS LIFE!

Jaime James' Myspace

Last edited by JaimeJames; January 14, 2007, 07:04:26 PM.
    Myspace Music Profile
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jaime James' Bio & 3 Promo Mixes, San Francisco Summer 2006

I like your bio and intros, very interested in that deep house set of yours, will post comments when I've heard it a couple times.

By the way - assuming that you're from San Fransico area, I was wondering if you know what happened to the www.sfunderground.org site or dj's? Chris McGarry, Jonathan Ojeda,along with Spesh and Scott Carrelli had their sets posted on there as well. Was hoping to find something similar.
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• jarble187
      vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      • Sep 2004

Nice first post, welcome to MS! Thanks for posting your set!
      Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• JaimeJames
        Fresh Peossy
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dusk
        I like your bio and intros, very interested in that deep house set of yours, will post comments when I've heard it a couple times.

By the way - assuming that you're from San Fransico area, I was wondering if you know what happened to the www.sfunderground.org site or dj's? Chris McGarry, Jonathan Ojeda,along with Spesh and Scott Carrelli had their sets posted on there as well. Was hoping to find something similar.
        Hello, thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, I've only been in the dance scene for about a year and this upcoming gig will be my first time meeting/DJ'ing along side Spesh and Scott. You could try contacting them through their website (or even Myspace) and I'm sure they could answer your questions.
        Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• JaimeJames
          Fresh Peossy
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jarble187
          Nice first post, welcome to MS! Thanks for posting your set!
          Yes, I was hoping this posting would be acceptable and I was simply interested in sharing a few of my compilations early in this musical endeavor of mine. When these contracts become official I would like to be able to look back and have record of my beginnings.
          Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I have to say that deep house/ house is really not my thing, but your Dear Suzi set is pretty good, yet to hear the other ones...
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• JaimeJames
              Fresh Peossy
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dusk
              I have to say that deep house/ house is really not my thing, but your Dear Suzi set is pretty good, yet to hear the other ones...
              as mentioned, it was only done for my friend since she's not into techie dance music. heck, it's not even what i really spin anymore but i still have promoters asking if i could rock that genre if they needed me to for upcoming gigs. it just makes me more versatile when it comes future possibilites.
              Last edited by JaimeJames; October 23, 2006, 04:59:39 PM.
              Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• JaimeJames
                Fresh Peossy
                • Oct 2006

Re: Jaime James' Bio/3 Promo Mixes/News Of Booking Contract

Woo Hoo! Now that I have signed a 1 year contract I am officially represented by the Fahrenheit 360 Group in Melle, Germany. They are responsible for international bookings and exclusive European bookings. Looking forward to taking things up a notch but til then, here's another local gig:

Last edited by JaimeJames; November 19, 2006, 12:03:10 AM.
                Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• jarble187
                  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                  • Sep 2004

^^^^^Bad ass man, enjoy the jet set life!
                  Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• JaimeJames
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jarble187
                    ^^^^^Bad ass man, enjoy the jet set life!
                    heh! much thanks. till they start getting me bookings though....i'm still a starving and struggling artist.
                    Last edited by JaimeJames; November 24, 2006, 04:21:36 AM.
                    Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• JaimeJames
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Oct 2006

Was just booked a Happy Hour gig w/The Dirty Duo (Husband & wife electro/tech-house team; currently in contract negotiations w/Fahrenheit 360) @ An? Bar, SF, Nov 24 6-10pm (I get a 2 hour set. Love those!!!)

An? is a nocturnal refuge, inspired by the ancient Celtic goddess of abundance, fertility, hope and good luck. With it's downtown location it is casual, yet stylish, laid-back, yet vibrant, and totally unexpected. It is the insiders venue of choice for the connected nitelife scene. An? provides the perfect excuse to leave behind the stress of city life, a place to kick back, savour the flavours of a fresh fruit vodka infusion.

The DJ is central to the appeal of An?. Only the most experienced and proven local DJ's are selected to entertain the guests on a weekly basis, including the likes of Scott Carrelli with his always packed weekly Wednesday "Satellite" show, Jonathan Beech and Sinukus with their monthly "FunkyCozy" event. Several times a month International DJ's make appearances at An?. Some recent DJ's to perform have been: James Holden, Gabriel & Dresden, Miguel Migs, Danny Howells, Felix Da Housecat, Damien Lazarus, Hybrid, Steve Porter, Jerry Bonham, Lucient Foort, DJ Three, Desyn Masiello, Luke Chable, Alex Whalen & Kerowac, Mark Farina, Lee Burridge, James Lavelle, Jonathan Lisle, Randall Jones, Nick Warren, Pako & Frederik, D:Fuse, Jondi & Spesh, Scott Carrelli, and Luke Fair to name a few.

43 6th Street
                      San Francisco,
                      Telephone: + 1 415 543 3505
                      Hours:Tue - Sat 5pm - 2am
                      Myspace Music Profile

Comment

• JaimeJames
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Oct 2006

3 dead links to mixes now fixed
                        Myspace Music Profile

Comment

Working...