• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Chris Rocks mom ignored at Cracker Barrell, suing

Originally posted by MusicJatt
    they have a history of racism ... and i wouldn't tone it down to some card that's being played this isnt the oj trial ... someone in this country was discriminated because of the color of their skin and damn right they should be able to sue especially if that company has a history of discrimination ... discrimination is a constant reminder that people will treat u diffferent just because u r a different race, just because u look different, think about the effect that has on a person ...

i agree that there is alot of press that they have a history of rascism, but does someone not serving you in 30 minutes constitute discimination? doesnt seem like it to me. it doesnt mention how busy the restaurant was at the time. when i used to wait tables we would get slammed and i probably ignored a new table a times and they got pissed, but it wasnt because of the color of their skin. it was because either i didnt know they were there because i was slammed, or because they just happened to be the table who came in at the wrong time when i couldnt keep up. i equally ignored whoever came in during the times i was getting my ass handed to me.

Comment

• Northern Exposed
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

I don't mean this to sound racist because I'm anything but, so I'll say it as cautiously as I know how to. The main reason that claims of persistent racism exist in the United States is due (in my opinion) in large to a small group of influential minorities failure to LET THE PAST GO. Everytime someone who thinks they are important enough to make a lawsuit out of something that's in all likelihood entirely benign, there's the mod squad of predictable minorities ready at the helm to raise a huge raucus about it. Try and think back to each racially sensitive issue that's come up in the last 20 years. You see all the same hornblowing morons. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. are always ready and willing to make a mountain out of a molehill issue if they are given the chance. Does Rose Rock think she's the only person on earth to receive shitty service in a restaurant? I've waited for over an hour for a meal at Denny's, but I didn't rush off and hire an attorney and sue them for hating me 'cause I'm white. I noticed an interesting thing about this particular story. Did anyone notice how the media reported the story? It wasn't reported as "A Black Woman feels racism at Cracker Barrel". Nope they had to use Chris Rock's name to try and juice the story and give it enough momentum to attract the public eye. In watching this news story initially it took about 3 minutes for them to finally say her name, Rose Rock. What does that say about the credibility of the message? She wasn't even going to do anything about it until Jesse Jackson convinced her she needed to stand up and teach Cracker Barrel a lesson.

To me, this story does a huge injustice to the world climate that I believe most Americans live in. Does racism exist in the United States? Sure it does. But to suggest it exists as a widespread problem in the mind of every non-minority does more of a disservice to the progress that has occurred following the Civil Rights Movement than help it. The focal loudmouths like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton portray all whites as biggots and racists. What they fail to realize is that it is them who keep the ugly tide of racism and prejudice washing all over the media outlets, not the entirety of the caucasian race. They are the racists, and they should be ashamed of boistering their own agendas by using the mother of a comedian to do it. I don't see them rush to the aid of gunned down youths in Los Angeles or New York. Those are no-name black youths that don't grab headlines.

These types of stories make me completely ignore the issue because I'm so angered by who constantly pops up in them. To be completely honest, I lose any and all desire to listen to what you have to say if Jesse Jackson is there coaching you during the interview. Rose, he doesn't give a shit about what happened, he cares about being on TV and being the "savior" of the horribly disadvantaged and under priveledged black race. It's just too bad he's living in 1960 and doesn't see the world has moved on without him. He can only see 1 bad apple in the bunch, and cares not about your supposed "plight". Rose, go somewhere else for dinner. It's what the rest of us do when we get bad service.
      I ain't no damn noobie. Bitch.

Comment

• hambino21
        PFC Semen Ham
        • Jul 2004

If the restaraunt didn't have "cracker" in the title then there would be no issue. And the history of discrimination part is bullshit too.rememeber , just because someone"reports" it as descrimination, doesn't mean shit. if you weren't there then you don't know. It's just like the denny's thing that happened a few years back. It doesn't matter what color you are at denny's, you're getting treated like shit. Isat for 2 1/2 hours there in austin a lttle while back, the whole staff was black, you don't see me suing. I knew that denny's isn't the place for great service and got over it right there. I've even sat at cracker barrel fro extended periods of time, doesn't mean I deserve a million dollars or whatever.
        " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

Working...