X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffin
    Getting Somewhere
    • Nov 2005

Car Audio Help??

hey all. due to a couple blown speakers, and it being an old system anyway, i'm replacing the stereo and speakers completely in my car. not looking for anything extra fancy. my brother told me to look on crutchfield.com, and here's what i'm looking at...

Crutchfield's experts have been helping people buy, use and enjoy A/V gear since 1974. Free shipping and lifetime tech support.

or

and for speakers..

or

really don't want to spend an insane amount of money. i just want it to sound as good or better than the harmon karden system that it currently has (before it was blown of course). any suggestions?
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Car Audio Help??

Cassette player???????? Didn't know they still sold car radio's with cassette players...

Anyway, I got me a Sony car radio about 1,5 yr ago and I'm very happy with the fucker: plays CD-R/MP3 as well and the sound is sweet. I'll look up the type nr if you're interested. Costed only something like 160 euro back then.

Comment

• AndyH
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

Just out of interest, what do you listen to on cassettes?
      [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• sammwalk
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

for that kind of money, i have a pair of diamond audio 6 1/2" components in my car which are great; can't remember where i got them, though it was definitely online (and not from ebay). check out www.discountjungle.net for headunits and stuff. i ordered stuff there before and was quite satisfied.

Comment

• griffin
          Getting Somewhere
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by AndyH
          Just out of interest, what do you listen to on cassettes?
          old demos/mix tapes. and when you have a separate cd changer, why not have a tape deck in the head unit just in case? that's my philosophy at least...

Comment

• Dhar_2
            meat and potatoes
            • Jun 2004

I recently bought the a Kenwood, with the Ipod kit.

mutts nuts! with d-mask and i can control my ipod while its tucked away. sweet!!

Comment

• AndyH
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2005

Originally posted by griffin
              old demos/mix tapes. and when you have a separate cd changer, why not have a tape deck in the head unit just in case? that's my philosophy at least...
              Cool, cheers..
              [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                Platinum Poster
                • Feb 2006

Please don't buy Sony. For head units I'd recommend anything from Alpine. For speakers, Soundstream. Just check out their respective websites for products. Any of them are good, just find your budget. However, the 'tape deck' (whatever that is) could become a problem hehe.

Comment

• rainman
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by nikolic
                  Please don't buy Sony. For head units I'd recommend anything from Alpine. For speakers, Soundstream.
                  Agreed. You will be hard pressed to hear anything as clear as Alpine.

Comment

Working...