Re: Michael Mayer Immer vol 2

more info please.
    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

The tracklist is out. Kompakt head Michael Mayer follows up his 2002 classic ?Immer? with its long-awaited sequel. ?Immer 2? will be released in October this year.

The first volume of ?Immer? was widely acclaimed for its graceful blend of lush tunes and techno, serving as entry point for many into the world of Kompakt and Cologne-style minimal. Mayer?s follow-up mix CD has been eagerly anticipated for months now, but your pain is almost over, folks.

A first look at the tracklist reveals that, like the first volume, the mix is a blend Kompakt tried and true (Justus Kohncke, SCSI-9 and The Rice Twins) with lesser known names (Ian Simmonds, Brooks, Trevor). The CD finishes off on a new Mayer & Superpitcher remix of glam housers Geiger (under their Supermayer alias).

Copies of the mix will come with tickets to downloads for seven extra mp3s selected by Mayer with tracks featured heavily in his recent sets including cuts by AM/PM, Ada and Mayer?s remix of Adolf Noise (aka Koze).

Tracklist for Michael Mayer - Immer 2

01 Someone Else - "Ploosh"
      02 Ian Simmonds - "The Dog"
      03 Brooks - "Tell Somebody About the Beat"
      04 Frank West - "2nd Booty"
      05 Crowdpleaser - "18 Years"
      06 Justus K?hncke - "Advance"
      07 Lindstr?m - "Another Platform (Todd Terje Remix)"
      08 The Rice Twins - "For Dan"
      09 SCSI-9 - "Morskaya"
      10 Jesse Somfay - "Lying in a Bed of Mist"
      11 DK7 - "Where's the Fun (Sten Remix)"
      12 Geiger - "Good Evening (Supermayer Remix)"

Bonus mp3s:

01 James Din A4 - "Intro"
      02 AM/PM - "No Matter Whether"
      03 Mikkel Metal - "Lukon (Michael Mayer Remix)"
      04 Adolf Noise - "Der Grundton (Michael Mayer Remix)"
      05 Ada - "Maps (Thomas/Mayer Remix)"
      06 Dorau/K?hncke - "Abermorgen"
      07 Terre Thaemlitz & Funk Shui - "Superbonus"

?Immer 2? will be released on Kompakt Records on October 30 in Europe and on November 4 in the US.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

I have only had a couple listens so far but it is good. I will give a full review tomorrow

Comment

• pdowney
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Here's a review I wrote:

I've been waiting for Michael Mayer's Immer 2 for a long time. I loved Immer 1, which came out in 2002, and was hoping he would do another, similar mix. Well, my wishes have been answered.

I've listened to Immer 2 a few times now, and it's nearly as good as 1, which is one of my all-time favourite mixes, easily in the top ten.

Immer 2 starts off smoky and foggy, with some hissy and muffled tracks from Someone Else, Ian Simmonds, and Brooks. The tracks are all deep and enjoyable and it's nearly impossible to tell where they are mixed.

Then, it's time to get pick up the tempo a little into some real dancefloor grooves, courtesy some funky tracks from Justus Koehncke, Frank West and Lindstrom.

After these very energetic tracks, he keeps up the pace and moves into some experimental but danceable grooves from the Rice Twin's swinging "For Dan", and SCSI-9's "Morskaya", which has to be one of the most underrated and underplayed tracks of 2006. Appearing on this mix will undoubtedly change that.

After that it's time to bring the mix to a close, with some melodic anthems. First up is Jesse Somfay's "Lying in a Bed of Mist", a spacy piece with a driving beat and tinkling bells. Then it's Sten's remix of DK7's "Where's the Fun?", which has a more traditional house feel, with some nice vocals. Mayer could have ended the mix right here and people would have been perfectly happy, but there's still one more long track to go, Supermayer's (a collaboration between Superpitcher and Mayer) remix of Geiger's "Good Evening".

Is it as good as Immer 1? I think so. It's probably 97% of Immer 1, and that's much better than most of the other mixes out there. I keep choosing to listen to it, and with all the other music being released this fall, that actually means something.

Immer 2 will be released on October 30 by the label Mayer helped found and still runs, Kompakt. There will be a limited edition cd that contains a coded card that will instruct you on how to download a special compilation of Immer bonus tracks. The tracks are Mayer's personal favourites, but are not on the mix. They are a mixed bag of eight tracks, some are quite strange, some are good, some are really good.
          Philip

Comment

• cmike61
            Getting warmed up
            • Jan 2005

This is availble for streaming at Proton On Demand as the monthly Kompakt show.
            Amazing mix! Should be heard by all....................

Comment

• mw-1
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Definately a solid mix, been listening to it for a couple weeks now. Can't wait for the release!

Homepage:

www.wahimusic.com

Myspace:

www.myspace.com/wahimusic

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Definitely looking forward to this.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AndyH
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2005

A tune Digweed played at Bedrock last week was one of his apparantly (ID from Bedrock board), called Transparenza. Ridiculously good tune with a loud fog horn noise on it. Have to check this mix out..
                  [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• pdowney
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AndyH
                    A tune Digweed played at Bedrock last week was one of his apparantly (ID from Bedrock board), called Transparenza. Ridiculously good tune with a loud fog horn noise on it. Have to check this mix out..
                    Transparenza is by Michael Mayer and Reinhard Voigt. Speicher 36 on Kompakt Extra. I would agree with the "ridiculously good" description.
                    Philip

Comment

• peloquin
                      Till I Come!
                      • Jun 2004

looks pretty good... i have always been a big fan of kompakt and michael mayer, but his mix cds have never really impressed me other than his fabric cd which is my fave fabric and one of my all time fave mix cds of any kind. that being said, i'll definately check this out

Comment

Working...