X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

DJing CDJ's and eBay

I really want to buy some cdj1000s... but don't want to buy them new (too expensive for a uni student). I've been checking out ebay, and theres so many but SO cheap. Surely they're not legit? They have 100% feedback but only with like 11 transactions. How can I get myself some cheap cdjs? Where do I look?
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: CDJ's and eBay

i've never bought that kind of thing off ebay, but your best bet is to check up on the sellers (as you already did) and maybe even send them an email asking more about the product. some of those sellers are wholesalers that come across equipment randomly and are just looking to get rid of them. in some cases you will even get warranties.

as far as buying used cdj's off ebay.... umm i dunno about that. so many things could be wrong with the equipment so you're taking a big gamble. in this case i'd suggest checking locally first for anyone looking to sell their gear, at least that way you can get your fingers on them before you fork over the loot.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

DONT DO IT UNLESS they have a real world retail shop and accept paypal verified and or credit cards with protection. if they say ''western union'' email them and tell to fuck themselves in the ass with a rose bush branch... its all fraud and if sounds too good , then it is too good.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• losehlertx13
        Fresh Peossy
        • Oct 2006

Yes, be very careful. E-Bay is getting hacked like crazy (or at least they were). I would see people selling Xone 92's for $800-1000 (US) new. And these were all profiles with 100% positive feedback. They do appear to have this under control as of late but I would still be careful when buying such an expensive item on e-bay. My 2 cents.

lates

Comment

• akashanelson
          Getting Somewhere
          • May 2006

This isn't meant to racist, but it's all the dodgey arses in China. Basically they set up multiple accounts giving themself (and buddies) feedback and are gone. Ebay unfortunatley has no juristrictions in China however advises buyers not to purchase from these users.

As others have pointed out above only buy from an actual ebay store that has been verified and has a paypal account.

Happy shopping
          Mixes and other stuff "click here"

Comment

• Caley Martin
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Oct 2004

Pioneer products bought from ebay won't have warranties... and if they claim to be factory warranted, it's voided by default, Pioneer implicitly warns on its site that it does not honor eBay purchases... FYI
            For your aural infusion of Caley:
            http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
            http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
            http://ultrawizardsword.net
            RA: Caley

Comment

• mnbvcxz
              Platinum Poster
              • Feb 2006

Well, the products are shipped from "china". So it's safe to say its dodgy. BASTARDS!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

Yeah I would never buy anything shipped from china. no thanks.
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• FM
                  Wooooooo!
                  • Jun 2004

^^on a side note, I've done it...but wouldn't go through anything expensive like this, unless you escrow it or something that would protect you should it be a fraud. At the same time, anything "dirt cheap" is all in likely a scam.
                  FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                  "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                  Facebook!
                  A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Yuma
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Apr 2006

Dont Do IT!!!!! Im serious specially if the seller will ask you to pay anything else but paypal, there is a lot of hacking related to ebay and is very dangerous. There is a famous MO for scams using ebay and it is with western union payments and they ask you to send it to romania or something like that... bottomline DONT LOOSE YOUR MONEY save up and buy from a reliable source...

Comment

• Lrn
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jan 2005

i bought my 1200s, my vastex mixer, my jbl studio speakers, my cdjs and my xone 62 all on ebay, its all about knowing the seller and waiting for a good deal to pop up you definatly can save a shitload of money, yea and definaly only use paypal

Comment

• ekm
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jun 2004

Be very carefull. I bought some CDJs on Ebay and the guy skipped the country with my money. I was fortunite to hunt him down, his father turned out to be a University Professor. I called his father, told him about what happend, and I had my money back in a few days. I concider myself very lucky.

I did use paypal btw. After the other party removes the money from their account, there is not a whole lot Paypal can do.

Comment

• FM
                          Wooooooo!
                          • Jun 2004

^^buyer protection through Paypal can help, but again the bottom line is if it's a fraud, it'll take a long time either way to either recover from it, or to get your money back ultimately.
                          FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                          "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                          Facebook!
                          A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

so where the fuck can you go to buy cdjs at a reasonable bargin rate??????

anybody know of any good sites?

Comment

• digital_junkie
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Apr 2006

I have bought CDJ's, mixer, headphone (which where from china) from ebay....you just have to be patient, and wait till you feel comfortable with the buyer you are buying from...i just did a lot of research...most of time they where major online retail store...so they might have a phone number you can call...just to ask generic questions like shipping questions..you can usually tell if they are dodgey or not with in the first few things said...and they usually have a store warrenty

Comment

Working...