X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derek petrol
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Alternative Media Sources

In an age of misinformation I had lost all hope of decent reporting and news in this world until I found a single independent media source

A daily TV/radio news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, pioneering the largest community media collaboration in the U.S.

If you are sick of Bush and his cronies and would like to hear the truth this is an excellent source of reporting. This site has streaming audio and video reports every day. Enjoy.
  • davetlv
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Alternative Media Sources

Originally posted by derek petrol
    In an age of misinformation I had lost all hope of decent reporting and news in this world until I found a single independent media source

A daily TV/radio news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, pioneering the largest community media collaboration in the U.S.

If you are sick of Bush and his cronies and would like to hear the truth this is an excellent source of reporting. This site has streaming audio and video reports every day. Enjoy.
    I dont mean to rain on your parade but, I have clicked on a number of the links for this so-called independent site and i find it anything but independent.

Dont get me wrong, its good to read/hear the news from both the left and right, but this site really isn't independent.

I have a theory about news media, and thats you should read everything you can lay your grubby mitts on, and then make your own mind about what is true and what is fabricated.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
      I have a theory about news media, and thats you should read everything you can lay your grubby mitts on, and then make your own mind about what is true and what is fabricated.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Sure read it, whatever, but if you honestly believe that everything on this site is 100% accurate just because it happens to fall in with what you believe, you are sorely mistaken.

I agree with what Toasty said, you shouldn't be getting all of your news off of one source.
        "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
        "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Balanc3
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Civic and Toasty couldn't have said it any better. NEVER follow only one news source, and always follow your beliefs. Afterall, they lay it out so you can play it out.
          JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• derek petrol
            Fresh Peossy
            • Jun 2004

I dont mean to rain on your parade but, I have clicked on a number of the links for this so-called independent site and i find it anything but independent.

OK well maybe I should specified that independent media, where I come from in Texas, is the left or perhaps I think left media is marginalized to the point of non existence. FACT : News media in the united states run at the local levels is right wing. Maybe where you come from you are surrounded by cries of humanity and free health care or maybe not -- it's all about perception. So please excuse my error and allow me to correct it. (New Headline) LIBERAL MEDIA HAS NOW ARRIVED ACROSS THE WORLD

It would be easy to assume that one post means I never watched a full spectrum of news programs and I have never done research. It would be easy to think I was just another dim-wit-snail-terd who decided to drop a political line. I'll be stopping by again.

Sorry to all you Bush Lovers out there but the revolution has begun again

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by derek petrol
              I'll be stopping by again.

Sorry to all you Bush Lovers out there but the revolution has begun again
              Glad to hear it. Always good to hear the "get Bush out of office" drumbeat getting louder...

Welcome!

Comment

• Balanc3
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Re:: Alternative Media Sources

liberal media,who is this is?Me sorry dont understand who is this...I don't know.But welcome to the Mercuryserver????YESSSS!This is NICE! :What:
                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Hey thanks Patasky (oops::cry::P?:P:cry:?

But seriously, your coming across as just another dim-wit-snail-terd (hey you said it). The dim-wit part would probably be stretching it, so I won't go there. Yet.

But your definetely a terd. :wink:

Just make sure you stick with the respected Liberal's on this board, ie Toasty, and don't fall into the wrong crowd and end up backing the wrong people. I'll give you a hint, they will come off as a bit delirious.
                  "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
                  "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• davetlv
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I've always been what you yanks call 'liberal' - although i personally prefer left wing. But i'm also a realist. I recognise that the media is nothing more the a tool of their owners, who swap and change policy to suit their own ends (i.e. Murdoch's UK rags the Sun and The Times).

However what i find annoying about said liberal media, and there is a hell of a lot of it around and with easily accessable thanks to the net, is the fact that it takes things to extremes (you know actually the same can be said about the right wing media as well), and actually gives many of us who profess to be 'liberal'/left wing a bad name!

Comment

• neoee
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
                      Just make sure you stick with the respected Liberal's on this board, ie Toasty, and don't fall into the wrong crowd and end up backing the wrong people. I'll give you a hint, they will come off as a bit delirious.
                      Civic- I'll never understand why you've got such a hard on for delirious.

He very consistant with his debates, he lays his claim and backs it up with his sources. He takes your statements line by line and addresses them with with his thoughts and again backs them up with his sources.

I lurk through this forum and have noticed many times when delirious has come up with a very good argument to something you've said and you seem to ignore it. Secondly he doesen't resort to name calling.

I guess you can throw me in the pile with the 'liberal' label on it (whatever that really means), but the way you attempt to insult delirious doesen't particularly help me see your side of the coin... nor does it make me want to.
                      "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Civic_Zen
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

^^^

Ya I'm sure you cruise around this forum a lot, so why don't you go ahead and link me to a single instance where I've resorted to calling delirious names to make my point. I only refer to delirious as one thing, delirious. And whats wrong with calling someone by their name?? Surely if identifying him as such is offensive to him, then he should have thought about that before he decided to use it as his name.

Plus, since it must not of been entirely obvious, I wasn't completely serious. Nor do I ever ignore him if he directs questions directly toward me. Or at least never intentionally. I'll be waiting for your links. Hop to it.
                        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• neoee
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Ya I'm sure you cruise around this forum a lot,
                          Since I sense some sarcasm in your statement, you should probably know that I've read ~ 98% of the posts in this forum, the same goes for the GYY, and the DJ forum. I've even made a few posts here but since political examples/explainations tend to be so long winded and I hate typing for such long periods of time, and because I admittadly (sp?) don't know as much regarding this subject, as do you, delirious, and some of the others, I tend to avoid making posts and stick to reading them.

so why don't you go ahead and link me to a single instance where I've resorted to calling delirious names to make my point.
                          I never said you were name calling. I was only pointing out that he refrains from it whereas some of the others don't. But since we're on the subject you do make comments such as the one which prompted my previous post which go towards attacking him rather than dealing with the issue. I think what both of you have to say is intelligent but when you steer the conversation in a direction which promotes hostility others will feel it okay to do the same and take it a step farther (more recently some have resorted to name calling). My fear is that we are going to alienate people by doing this and suddenly we are only going to have a forum where there is one view. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Nor do I ever ignore him if he directs questions directly toward me. Or at least never intentionally.
                          Again, I never said he directed the questions towards you. Rather, he comes up with an argument to yours, and typically I'm interested in hearing what it is you have to say but I've noticed that sometimes there's no response. Now it could be that you didn't notice the new post and did not ignore it intentionally, but the times it has happened it just seemed too coincidental.
                          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...