X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

the menendez problem

anyone here in the north east realize that NJ is about to elect a guy who might be sent to prison within 3 months of election.... hhahahahahahhah... i know the repubs are dead ducks, but did the democratic party realize that they put forth a candidate who might be in prison when its time to serve...god i love this country.... lol

basically, he is gonna destroy the republican candidate, but since he is yet ot be convicted, he can still run, but there is a federal investigation going on since this tape surfaced where a rep of menedez is telling a contractor to do a job for him and insinuates some bribes and future favors in return..
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: the menendez problem

so essentially you've completely bought in to kean jr's advertising...

I really don't think the matter is as clear cut as you're making it out to be. While I agree menendez, as most NJ politicians, is part of the corrupt NJ political machine (200 politicians have been indicted over the last 5 years ), that he is directly involved is not an open and shut case...far from it. The case is a 12 year old charge that somehow came under investigation just two months ago...a political favor for kean...I think so. As for the charges themselves, there has been very little substantiation, aside from Kean's ads...

Not that I'm endorsing Menendez, he's part of the problem with NJ politics or for that matter national politics as well...it's time to rip apart the political machine in this country. It's amazing that we've allowed the two parties to entrench tnemselves deeper and deeper into the system that we really do believe there are no other viable choices, while they amusingly position themselves as "opposition parties" ( ) Sheer genius!
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• thesightless
      • Jun 2004

not at all. that kean jr is running on name recognition and im just appreciating the irony of it all. to think that the party is such a lame duck and that a man who is under federal investigation will win it then go to prison...wow. the dem should have put forth someone else if anything.

Comment

• rubyraks
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Once again, you're presuming that there is some inkling of legitimacy to the charges and that this isn't just dirty politics as always. Anyone the dems would've put up would probably have been subjected to the same "investigation".

I ask once again, do you not think that 12 year old charges being investigated only two months before the election is suspicious? Do you really believe it's merely coincidence? Doesn't that at least suggest a good possibility that the charges are completely false? No real proof has been put out there, just insinuation.

Imo, it's merely a repeat of the swift boat veterans BS fiasco from the 2004 election.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

ben , im laughing at this and how pathetic it is. not trying to point out bad things/good things about a certain party. if anything its more about how bad both are.

the charges are legitimate. the only reason it took so long is that the contractor was also at fault and took a few years to release the tape. of course it suspicious. what provokes even more suspicision is that the state of NJ has always been a strong democratic state, which leads me to wonder why there is internal pressure to get the investigation done with.

Comment

• Lorn
            Looking for a title!
            • Sep 2004

A political candidate.

Definition. A lying, cheating, whoring, scumbag of a human being.

A voter.

Definition. A moronic dumbass, with no ability to come up with an original thought or conclusion who seems to be happy with following a political candidate.

Comment

• rubyraks
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

NJ campaigns have been the laughing stock of the nation for quite a while. I believe in each of the last 3 election cycles, NJ has held the title for dirtiest campaign and each year they've raised the stakes. For this year's election to be about two politicians who are suspected of criminal wrong-doing is right in line.

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

NJ is a mess..... to think that the mcgreevey scandal didnt land him in jail for giving a isreali FOREIGN NATIONAL who happened to be his gay lover, the post of DIRECTOR OF STATE SECURITY (the state equivelent of homeland security director) is beyond me.......

Comment

Working...