Hacker claims to have cracked iPod restrictions...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoffgulley
    Platinum Poster
    • Apr 2005

Hacker claims to have cracked iPod restrictions...

am i late or did someone post this already?..... not that i give a fat fuck since ipod's can kiss my ass.

"only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

• res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Hacker claims to have cracked iPod restrictions...

i saw that....john johanson is a crazy ass hacker. thanks to him i can watch dvds on my linux box
    he is asking for trouble, even with the lawyers ok imo if he is going to F with apple, they will sue his ass left and right no matter if they can win or not to bring him down. i am especially suprised he is doing this since he lives in the states now and not in norway where he was already tried and overturned for this sort of thing related to de-css

Comment

• geoffgulley
      Platinum Poster
      • Apr 2005

dude has balls.... and obviously thinks (or his lawyers) that he has some legal ground to stand on. i'm definitely keeping my eye on this one......
      "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

yeah, it will be an interesting one. probably he is emboldened b/c he won his case back in his home country, we shall see how it plays over here. since im sure he didnt steal the internal docs from apple on their encryption scheme, then his reverse enginnering is legal....

Comment

• Caley Martin
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Oct 2004

this isn't news, people have been stripping DRM from iTunes content for years
          For your aural infusion of Caley:
          http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
          http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
          http://ultrawizardsword.net
          RA: Caley

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

yeah this guy was one of the few who had a hand in hymn and all of those other clones if i remember correctly

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Even if he gets lawsuit after lawsuit, its hard to see the legal ground on which they will come after him ? That mp3s purchased on one site can be played on a few additional pieces of hardware of a different brand ?
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

^^When you purchase music on iTunes (or any other site, for that matter), what you are essentially paying for is a license to use that music in a manner consistent with the terms of a License Agreement. Although the most important term of such an agreement is generally that you can use it for personal, non-commerical use, I would imagine that there is some term in there that would prohibit taking steps to defeat copy protection.

From there you get into the more complex legal minutiae regarding who has standing to sue (Apple, copyright holders, etc.), who is the proper defendant (Johanson, end users, etc.), presence and extent of damages, etc., but I would bet that any legal challenges would in some way involve the breach of that license agreement.

Comment

Working...