while [ms] celebrates 10,000 registered users, i'd like to say...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

while [ms] celebrates 10,000 registered users, i'd like to say...

lets discuss something...

Originally posted by day_for_night
    nice one!

how many of the registered users are active posters?
    Originally posted by Kamal
    600 or so
    thats great that this site is at 10,000 registered users, but it seems (not seems, it is) that there is a central group of people who post in the various "life" sections on this site, like politics, general yikkity yak, etc. but alot of the people who post only in the p + r section, don't post in the "life" section. Do these people only want to download sets and not talk about some real shit? now if only 600 users are active posters and theres 10,000 registered users, then whats happening with those 9,400 other users? do they sign up because they see a set they want to download and register so they can download that set, not bothering to check out other sections of the board? my guess is yes. You always see the same people posting in the "life" section (nothing wrong with that by any means), to the point where its like a little pub, everyone knows a little about each other, everyone tries to fit others in a certain category and people stop in and chat it up, but why isnt the "life" section community bigger, with more of these 10,000 registered users participating in discussions and making threads and things like that? I think the mgmt on this site should make more of an emphasis on the active community rather than raw numbers, whats to celebrate about 10,000 registered users when only about 85 post in the gyy section? anyone can sign up but not just everyone can actually contribute to or invoke discussion on this board. I say more of these 10,000 registered users post in the "life" section.

all imo of course.

• lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: while [ms] celebrates 10,000 registered users, i'd like to say...

Even though we have 10, 000 people on here, i would imagine that the general attitude towards this is that all members are invited to talk in any section that they want even if that is the one section in particular that is named in the above post. Even if these people just post in one section, or dont really post at all, we have to remember, that not everyone has the time to hang out in the more popular forums(GYY) like many of us do. So, would it really be fair to delete someones account just because they have little or no posts?...that being said, is it costing [MS] anything to have inactive people on the board? if so, then i would say to delete the inactive members...If not, does it really matter that we have inactive members?
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• anonin
      Juvenile Delinquent
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by lilsensa
      Even though we have 10, 000 people on here, i would imagine that the general attitude towards this is that all members are invited to talk in any section that they want even if that is the one section in particular that is named in the above post. Even if these people just post in one section, or dont really post at all, we have to remember, that not everyone has the time to hang out in the more popular forums(GYY) like many of us do. So, would it really be fair to delete someones account just because they have little or no posts?...that being said, is it costing [MS] anything to have inactive people on the board? if so, then i would say to delete the inactive members...If not, does it really matter that we have inactive members?
      i'm not proposing deleting anyones account or anything like that, i'm just asking why don't more people post in this section. im just sayin... the amount of members registered is extremely disproportionate to the amount that post in the "life" section.

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

ah yes, i see that now...silly me didnt read your post properly...but, yeah..
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• filthy
          Addiction started
          • Nov 2004

language barrier
          Come on, Scott, you're still young! Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude.

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Not everyone has as much shit as you to contribute.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• jay813
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2005

i only post in the yakity yak section....im sure there are quite a few that visit the site often but dont post.

if you "lurkers" would post more this could be a much more busier board. i know that i dont have alot of post myself but lately ive been coming around and ill post from time to time.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

actually, to have 6% of users being active posters is quite impressive. I used to admin a board that had 50,000++ members, and we had maybe 1500 regular posters. MS is a very cohesive community. There is almost no spamming, no retarded posters who just stir up shit. Its a model for other forums, without a doubt...

Comment

• geoffgulley
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Apr 2005

^^ good point... i'm of course a regular here but hardly, well if ever for that matter, post or download from the p & r.... it's like a whole different country over there. It's not that I don't find it or the people posting there interesting it's just not a focus of my life....
                  "only dead fish swim with the stream..." Malcolm Muggeridge

Comment

• Lorn
                    Looking for a title!
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                    actually, to have 6% of users being active posters is quite impressive. I used to admin a board that had 50,000++ members, and we had maybe 1500 regular posters. MS is a very cohesive community. There is almost no spamming, no retarded posters who just stir up shit. Its a model for other forums, without a doubt...

Right on bro. I'm amazed at how much activity this forum actually has.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Personally I don't want to see this board increase that much. Look at the gu board, used to be a decent forum years ago, now it's a mess.

I like logging in and seeing familiar topics that you can contribute to again and again, I don't want to see 5 new pages of topics every time i log in (like the P&R section which I lose track of daily)

As said above, this forum is a model for other boarsd. No idiots, no spam etc

Long may it live!

Comment

• qwerty2222
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

most of these 10k users dont know this board exept from the sets in the promos section
                        after more then 3 years of regular visits on this board, i find it very cozy and familiar to me, it's the only place on the net that i like to take part to
                        if it wasnt for digweed mixes, maybe i wouldnt find this board in the first place
                        nowdays, you can find digweed's mixes almost everywhere, and people dont really apreciate the people behind the boards that are kind enough to host these sets so they dont contribute to anything unless they are asked for
                        only if you take little from your time to take part of it you''ll understand that there are people behind these screens that are doing big efforts to make your wishes come true and you have to be grathefull to these people that are making your wishes posible
                        but then again, most of the people are ingnorant and you cant do nothing because as i said, there's plenty of fish in other waters too

Comment

• GLD
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Apr 2006

i don't get stuff off the P+R section too often, once in a while i peep in and leech a set, i try to build my reputation in the GYY and make you guys believe that germans are good people

Comment

• Lorn
                            Looking for a title!
                            • Sep 2004

^I'd say you have TomTom to compete with.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

^ well said qwerty. I've donated in the past to MS (not much but I'm sure it all counts) but I would love to contribute more in the form of providing sets. I used to do the tracklists for the kiss fm shows years ago but grew out of that. Would love to know how to upload a set, but then again I have no sets to upload! I don't even know where these people get the sets from in the first place!

Comment

Working...