did you really care about steve irwin before he got stung by that stingray?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonin
    Juvenile Delinquent
    • Oct 2005

did you really care about steve irwin before he got stung by that stingray?

serious question, how many of you actually cared about steve irwin before he died?

I know i didn't, to me he was just another character doing things on tv for shock value. Although i knew he was a renowned biologist and all, but to me its like when princess diana died, how many people cared about her before she died? Sometimes it takes the death of someone famous and the resulting media coverage, then everyone starts to care.

• picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: did you really care about steve irwin before he got stung by that stingray?

I almost never care when a celebrity dies. sucks for them and their families, but that's about as far as my care gets. hate to say it.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

i wasnt a die hard fan or anything, but i knew about the conservation works he did and i admire that. he used his eccentric personality and fame to enjoy life, and most importantly, educate other people while saving the lives of animals. you have to appreciate that. he knew who he was, why he was that way, and made positive impacts on many lives, both human and animal.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Miguel
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

is all the same to me

Comment

• MusicJatt
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2004

Calling Steve Irwin a tv shock jock is ignorant ... He was a special man who dedicated himself to conservation ... his interview on Larry King shows how serious he was about it and ur assosiating it with Princess Diana ...

I cant think of a conservationist with such a high profile since Teddy Roosevelt ... with all this global warming, destruction of the rainforests ... Irwin should get the respect he deserves ...

Comment

• anonin
            Juvenile Delinquent
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MusicJatt
            Calling Steve Irwin a tv shock jock is ignorant ... He was a special man who dedicated himself to conservation ...

its ignorant because i never paid attention to him, therefore i didn't know enough to be really knowledgable on him, so he was a shock jock to me and lots of others, and like those others we only found out all about his conservation efforts AFTER he died. Don't be mad at me cuz i don't watch animal planet like you do.

Comment

• toasty
              Sir Toastiness
              • Jun 2004

"care" is probably a strong word, because in my mind, that implies that I actually thought about the guy on a semi-regular basis. I definitely viewed him as a net-positive influence on the world, though.

When he died, it didn't really change much from my perspective -- I was kinda like, "Well, that was going to happen eventually, but he had to know that, too, and at least he went out in a way that matched his life and made an impact while he was here."

Comment

• thesightless
                Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                • Jun 2004

i knew what he was doing while he was alive......
                your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• MusicJatt
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Aug 2004

anonin - u dont pay attention to someone and therefore have the right to throwout the word shock jock ... I think ur holding ur "attention" in too high a regard ... i said ignorant not that i was angry ... and i cant say i watch as much animal planet as i used too but as soon they go back into ur moms habitat for some footage, i'll post it ...

Comment

• anonin
                    Juvenile Delinquent
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MusicJatt
                    anonin - u dont pay attention to someone and therefore have the right to throwout the word shock jock ... I think ur holding ur "attention" in too high a regard ... i said ignorant not that i was angry ... and i cant say i watch as much animal planet as i used too but as soon they go back into ur moms habitat for some footage, i'll post it ...

hold up.... HOLD UP!!! i *know* your not trying to clown on me in this thread

Comment

• MusicJatt
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2004

ummm ... "Lets do it like they do it on the discovery channel.'

Comment

• Flingleflump
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Oct 2006

I have to say that I was a fan, and genuinely haven't been able to watch a programme with him in it since he died. Makes me feel quite sad. The man was mesmerising to watch, you never knew what he would do next!

Comment

• Caley Martin
                          MCast Resident DJ
                          • Oct 2004

For your aural infusion of Caley:
                          http://mcast.mercuryserver.com
                          http://soundcloud.com/caleymartin
                          http://ultrawizardsword.net
                          RA: Caley

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

what upsets me about mocking his death is no one really gave a shit about his drive to do good for the environment but for the cheap musings of a few, they were ready to mock his accidental yet untimely death....

piss poor on the part of the those who didnt take the time to appreciate but dropped their drawers when they felt they'd be cool in wearing a sting ray pointer sticking out their chests
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                            Originally posted by ace_dl
                            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                              • Jun 2004

Steve Irwin's a shock jock

Some people in here are smoking some serious crack.

The reason a lot of people care so much after the tragic event is because it usually brings to the forefront of everyone's minds why they were so great.

This is when most people would've learnt about his extensive conservation work, same with Princess Di, a lot of people would've learnt about her charity work at that point.

It brings what's known by a few to the attention of many.
                              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...