• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoenixbass
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Global Underground 28 - Mykonos

this is what a buddy of mine told me:

" A friend of mine took interview from Nick Warren on 8-21-04 @ Venue in Chalkidiki and he told him that the Global Underground 28 will be Nick Warren - Mykonos..........it will be from 8-20-04 @ Cavo Paradiso "

interesting
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

nick warren? so soon......i hope its not true..there is loads of talent out there.:?
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• swedetech
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re:: Global Underground 28 - Mykonos

Cavo Paradiso is the place to be...
      ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

I hope your info is wrong.

Nick is on my shit list.
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• the sun the sea
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
          nick warren? so soon......i hope its not true..there is loads of talent out there.:?
          i'm with you man.

gu needs some new blood.

what's next, james lavelle in hoboken, new jersey?
          download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• scott carrelli
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

thats funny nick told me that his last mix is the last he is going to do ever.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Who's supposed to be doing 27? Did I miss the memo?
              Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• palmer
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by scott carrelli
                thats funny nick told me that his last mix is the last he is going to do ever.

good.
                todayistomorrow

Comment

• swedetech
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

Money talks.... maybe he changed his mind!
                  ---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• palmer
                    • Jun 2004

todayistomorrow

Comment

Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Riiiiiiight, I got that GU 28 will be done by Nick Warren in the first post, but that still doesn't tell me who's doing 27 unless they were referring to that in error.
                      Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

Comment

• palmer
                        • Jun 2004

oh fuck

just kidding. its been a long day man.
                        todayistomorrow

Comment

• phoenixbass
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Its possible he told the guy 27 and then the guy told my friend 28.....

also here is a review for the set that was recorded at Cavo and part of will be GU 28 (or 27)

" As I'm sitting down to write this reivew, I'm grinning from ear to ear just thinking about the party that I was at earlier today. WHAT a vibe man! WOW. Haha, I'm almost too ecstatic to write this review....ok, here we go.

This party was excellent by all standards. Nick Warren was in top form as he played good, quality trance full of eathereal dreamscape sounds, peculiar high pitched squeeks and sound blasts layered masterfully on a well rooted kick drum or bassline. It'd been sooo long since I heard a set that incorporated a section full of good, solid trance (not that cheesy commercial crap, but good, underground trance that you'd find only his recordbox). I didn't get a chance to find out who did the remix, but Nick played a really really weird, cool mix of "Music Is The Answer" during this portion of the set.

At about 8 am, the filter suddenly came up really high so all you could hear was a high pitched fizzing sound. It sounded like a huge (think really huge....like, airplane sized) bottle of beer had been shaken and suddenly uncapped. It went on for a while, building and building when all of a sudden a new bass line dropped, signaling the start of Nick's progressive portion of the set. And the crowd was right there with him. His mixing here was incredible. There was a mix where he had filtered out all the sounds of a track with the exception of the vocal, and he pulled off a very long mix. You had to strain a bit to hear it, but I'm still amazed at how well he had those two records alligned. At one point he had minimized the sounds of one track so all you could hear was a steady pulsing beat that was just riding out the crowd. And then all of a sudden, truly with lazerline precision, Nick locked in the pummelling single kick drum beat before a bone crushing bass line was introduced. It sounded like a bomb had gone off. And in a way, a bomb had gone off, only the shouting heard following the blast was coming from a huge number of clubbers all having the time of their lives.

But what really made this night so special was the vibe. On this night, everyone was about having a great time together. Nick himself was having a blast, smiling like a little boy on Christmas, eyes wide and glimmering with delight, and hopping around the DJ booth swinging his arms back and forth in unison. And why not? He rocked the party until at least 10:30 am, maybe a bit longer. The feeling that arose when the instantly recognizable kick drum into to Blue Monday was un-beatable. Everyone went crazy, singing along and dancing away. And why not, he rocked the party until at least 10:30 am, maybe a bit longer. "

Comment

Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by palmer
                            oh fuck

just kidding. its been a long day man.
                            s'all good. You had me re-reading the original post 18 times thinking that I should put back on my helmet or something

Comment

• esef
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

the GU series is played out... bu-bye...

3-time Breakspoll nominated in the 'Best Website' category

Comment

Working...