Can the concept of "democracy" survive in the Middle Eastern/Arab regions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Can the concept of "democracy" survive in the Middle Eastern/Arab regions?

thoughts on why it cant and will never work. from LA times.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• rubyraks
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

^interesting read...
      "Work like you don't need the money.
      Love like you've never been hurt.
      Dance like nobody's watching.
      Sing like nobody's listening.
      Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

sadly, it is the truth. what they take, its OK, but when infringed upon, its like the end of the world.

Comment

• subterFUSE
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2006

Good article. I can't believe it came from the LA Times.

Comment

• thesightless
            • Jun 2004

just think that right now, arab militias are killing about 100 a day in africa alone, ripping up western pakistan, etc etc etc, and when someone draws a cartoon, or two criminals die from intruding into a power station...... well, we all saw what happened.

Comment

• rubyraks
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

better yet, take the example of the buddhist statues from afghanistan
              "Work like you don't need the money.
              Love like you've never been hurt.
              Dance like nobody's watching.
              Sing like nobody's listening.
              Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• thesightless
                • Jun 2004

yes, the world lost a LOT of history due to the taleban. estimated value of those 4 statues where they filmed the original indy film was placed at 2 billion plus. dumb fucking fanatics.

Comment

• Leonard Scott
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Dec 2005

The middle East has been at war for CENTURIES!!!! I don't think a style of government is gonna change the middle eastern culture. I know there are a minority that want change but, its too little to be heard. This is a war for control of energy and thats it. I don't care, the bottom line is oil. They will always be fighting each other. Religion to these folks is larfer than any government.
                  Leonard

DJLeonardScott.com
                  www.myspace.com/djleonardscott

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

it will never happen.. the only thing to do now really is to pick a side you want to win charge them for weapons in Iraq and try to get the others (syria,Iran) to join in and get them fighting each other.. Also keep your army around the oil and take the oil to pay for the removal of Saddam.. what are they at now $200 Billion or something.. that could have gone a long way in the USA Economy.. health care, Your car companies maybe (GM, Ford), Environment, New Orleans, Michigan, take your pick any would have been better.

Also when is the USA planning on paying off the national debt?? Or does it seem like they are just running the tab up?

Comment

• subterFUSE
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by runningman
                      it will never happen.. the only thing to do now really is to pick a side you want to win charge them for weapons in Iraq and try to get the others (syria,Iran) to join in and get them fighting each other.. Also keep your army around the oil and take the oil to pay for the removal of Saddam.. what are they at now $200 Billion or something.. that could have gone a long way in the USA Economy.. health care, Your car companies maybe (GM, Ford), Environment, New Orleans, Michigan, take your pick any would have been better.

Also when is the USA planning on paying off the national debt?? Or does it seem like they are just running the tab up?

Fuck GM and Ford. I wish they would just go out of business. American cars suck. I'm tired of having to even look at ugly American cars on the road. Someone should put them out of MY misery.

We just need to get it through our thick skulls that we can't compete with imports. Even the import brands can build their cars in the USA and still be successful. Many of them are doing this today. It's sad when foreign companies can come to the USA and build better cars using our home grown labor force, while also being more profitable than the domestic competition. Nice work, labor unions.

Comment

• Lorn
                        Looking for a title!
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by runningman

They can't pay it off. They have no money to pay it off with. The US is like 80% of the population....debt up to their eyeballs.

Comment

• thesightless
                          • Jun 2004

ummmmm...... our national debt has a lot to do with our foreign aid..... when europe and africa start paying us back for our post WW2 aid, it will drop dramatically....

oh waitaminute... if we did that, everyone would hate for bankrupting them.....remember that one US citizen bailed out italy's debt and never asked to be repaid.

Comment

• Lorn
                            Looking for a title!
                            • Sep 2004

Africa pay its debt back? lol!

but seriously...the US is in debt. Plain and simple.

Comment

• thesightless
                              • Jun 2004

mostly for good reasons. we could have told the planet to fuck off post ww2 and let them rebuild themslves. be glad we didnt, we'd all be wearing turbans once the middle east saw the opputrunity....

Comment

• Lorn
                                Looking for a title!
                                • Sep 2004

You think our debt is because of rebuilding after ww2? I don't think so dude. Our debt is because of a government that can't spend within its budget and a central bank who is willing to go along with them.

Comment

Working...