X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RiseandShine
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Sep 2006

Re: arthritis

put it this way: the more you use it, the more you might hurt it more, the worst the condition might get. if you already at a stade where you complain about it, it means it's quite painful - so try to get better advice than ours and try not to use it too much

you'd be in Paris, I'd send you to someone I know who'd do it in 40 minutes
    If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William Blake

Comment

• Gatz
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I have arthritis sometimes and it specially hurts when it's very humid or cold. I broke a few ribs playing hockey and i found it was much worse when i was in an arena. But it comes and goes i don't use any medication right now. See a Doc find out for sure what it is.

Comment

• fabric8
        200mph Club
        • Jul 2006

Jib, if it is indeed a cartilage type injury the glucosamine and chondroitin are helpful in rebuilding cartilage, i'm a hardcore cyclist riding around 800 miles a month and have found this supplement very helpful with the joints in my knees, but please seek professional advice. A dj needs the equipment to be working properly

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

thx for the advice guys. after i get my insurance kickin i'll go see a doctor.

Comment

• fabric8
            200mph Club
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Jibgolly
            thx for the advice guys. after i get my insurance kickin i'll go see a doctor.
            please do bro, i'd like to see you on tour with Sasha & Digweed in the near future (painless)

Comment

• speciale
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Dec 2005

believe it or not I do have it in my right knee. massive cartlidge wear under my knee cap caused it. some days it is painful, but inflamatory meds are the only thing to help the pain. but before you give yourself a self diagnosis, go see a fookn doctor
              Originally posted by Miroslav
              It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
              No Soup for You

Comment

• smokey
                Getting warmed up
                • Jun 2004

that helps in case of osteoarthrosis, but not for arthritis.

Originally posted by tiddles
                i take glucosamine and chondroitin for my tendonitus, its supposed to help with arthritis too i think.

Comment

• smokey
                  Getting warmed up
                  • Jun 2004

might be some injury on your hand/wrist soft tissues.
                  sounds unlikely to be a kind of arthritis
                  in case it is the first, because this happened long tome ago, you might have a kind of chronic tendinitis. the easiest thing to do is to take anti-inflamatory pills (ibuprofen is good) as a temporary reliever.
                  if that doesnt work for a long term, you might have to infiltrate steroids in that tendon at least once.
                  good luck

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                  anyone suffer from it? i think my left hand is fucked. no pun intended here.

seriously though, about two and a half years i fell at work. all my weight landed on my left hand because my feet were up in the air due to a wet floor at work. now only in the past year is my hand getting worse. today has been the worst ever as im experiencing brutal pain in my index and thumb.

what does one take to subside the pain? cos this shit is getting unbearable.

Comment

• speciale
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by smokey
                    that helps in case of osteoarthrosis, but not for arthritis.
                    thanks doctor
                    Originally posted by Miroslav
                    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                    No Soup for You

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

see a doc

my mum had to retire on ill health pensione due to arthritis (she was a nurse)

now she's back and forth to the docs. blood tests, new drugs, this, that.

get it looked at, it will get worse (if it is arthritis)

so best to get it checked out.

otherwise wank with the other hand. you'll be fine. or maybe to like the stiff awkward movements accompanied by the pain!!!

Comment

Working...