Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re:: OMFG! Its about time!

or it can be

Comment

• Civic_Zen
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Nope, sorry everybody. It is not gold, nor will it be out before November. You can take my word on that even though I can't back it up with any hard evidence. I do have evidence that it isn't going gold today though, seems Gabe Newell's (Managing director of Valve software) forum account got hacked.

And this came strait from Chris Bokitch
      "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
      "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
        Nope, sorry everybody. It is not gold, nor will it be out before November. You can take my word on that even though I can't back it up with any hard evidence. I do have evidence that it isn't going gold today though, seems Gabe Newell's (Managing director of Valve software) forum account got hacked.

And this came strait from Chris Bokitch
        Yep...you're right. Look here. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08...s_6106035.html

Looks like some dude guessed Gabe Newell's password and posted that the game had indeed gone gold. It may be a bit longer but I don't think that much longer. Unless, of course, the whole pre-load thing is just to get people hyped about it again.

At this point, who knows.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^^

The whole "pre-load" thing is so the servers don't get completely thrashed once it does get released. This way, everyone has a lot of the game on their drives already, and don't need to download the whole thing come release time.

I can assure you, it won't be out until November. I do hope that I'm wrong of course, but I am 99% sure on this. I know peeps. You can take that for whatever you think its worth. :wink:
          "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
          "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• haydn
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

Re:: OMFG! Its about time!

What is it about this game???

Don't see it meself rather listen to local radio!!!!!

Shit did I say that?

Yup i Did!!!!

H

Comment

• evangelion
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen
              ^^^

The whole "pre-load" thing is so the servers don't get completely thrashed once it does get released. This way, everyone has a lot of the game on their drives already, and don't need to download the whole thing come release time.

I can assure you, it won't be out until November. I do hope that I'm wrong of course, but I am 99% sure on this. I know peeps. You can take that for whatever you think its worth. :wink:
              Makes sense, but I also think there is an "Oh my God..its available for pre-load. It must be coming soon" element to it all. The way I think, November is better than January. Its about 1.5 years overdue already, so another 2 months is nothing really.

Plus the Coutner-Strike beta is keeping me plenty busy.

Comment

Working...