X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannyboy
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2006

Remembrance Day Canada

just wanted to give a shout out to all the fallen soldiers who gave their lives so we can have what we have today you are not forgoten RIP.
    MERCURY SERVER IS MY LIFE
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Remembrance Day Canada

Always good to remember how fortunate and lucky we are because of them.
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• speciale
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Dec 2005

nobody wants to remember Canada
      Originally posted by Miroslav
      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
      No Soup for You

Comment

• dannyboy
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by speciale
        nobody wants to remember Canada
        no respect thats sad dosent matter where you come from someone died so you can have a good life man give your head a shake.
        MERCURY SERVER IS MY LIFE

Comment

• speciale
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dannyboy
          no respect thats sad dosent matter where you come from someone died so you can have a good life man give your head a shake.
          its a joke. lighten up.

people are too sensitive these days
          It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
          No Soup for You

Comment

• GregWhelan
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Was at a football match today, and during the minute's silence some hooligans from the away team (QPR by the way) were chanting crap........fucking animals, people like that should be tossed off the white cliffs of cover, no use at all to society

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

I had to work today and wanted to take my moment of silence but we were not allowed unless our customer said it was ok. My customer agreed but 1/2 way through he decided it had been long enough and started yapping away. I was so angry as he took away my right to pay my respects.

I think this is a very important day as it reminds us not to take what we have for granted and people fought and died so we could live freely today. I thought I would share what I posted in my blog on myspace

On November 11th, please remember to take the time to reflect and mourn those who have lost their lives.

Both of my grandfathers were a part of the 2nd World War, one in the Canadian Navy, the other building tanks and missiles for the British army. Both went through things that to this day I do not know, as neither would never talk about it. But I know they were both proud to serve their countries.

I look back on pictures of my mothers father in his Navy uniform and feel nothing but a sense of pride for him and what he did. He was a communications officer, and that is all I know. My dad's father was shipped to Ireland to build the missiles in secret so not to be found out. He is in a book about the company that built these for the war, and he was under attack at one time and went a week or so without food or water. My heart breaks when I imagine what that must of been like.

Both have since passed away and with them their memories and stories from that time. More and more soldiers from the 2nd World War are passing on, and with them the history of their time.

So please on the 11th hour of November 11th, please bow your heads and remember.

sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• speciale
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                Was at a football match today, and during the minute's silence some hooligans from the away team (QPR by the way) were chanting crap........fucking animals, people like that should be tossed off the white cliffs of cover, no use at all to society

now thats fuckn rude.
                No Soup for You

Comment

• GregWhelan
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

^ You are telling me, they were even saying 'let 'em die'. Just inane idiots who should literally be shot. All they do is live for Saturday so they can drink Red Stripe and start a fight somewhere.Twats

Comment

• Lorn
                    Looking for a title!
                    • Sep 2004

My respects for those who have fought for our way of life over the course of history.

Comment

• speciale
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                      ^ You are telling me, they were even saying 'let 'em die'. Just inane idiots who should literally be shot. All they do is live for Saturday so they can drink Red Stripe and start a fight somewhere.Twats
                      sounds like red1
                      No Soup for You

Comment

Working...