X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

digweed last night in NYC

where the fuck did that come from? seriously?
    did john come to the decision to play harder than TDV?
    the first time i didnt want to go to an after party.

I BOW B4 THEE

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • influx
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

you got lucky man, he wasn't on point in chicago.. he was having mad problems... wrecked a mix, almost let a record run out, ran off stage three times for some unknown reason.. and never got into the really good, dark shit... i was let down, to say the least
    i reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    www.flynoteproductions.com

Comment

• HoneyBearKelly
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re:: digweed last night in NYC

I can't believe Digweed had all that energy after playing in Chigago the night before!
      It was just amazing. Crobar was packed and people were just grooving. I'm very happy I went.
      Cat formerly known as Cheshire
      *cue imperial death march"

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

whats up with all these shitty reviews can we please get more details.......how long did he play for just tryin to get an idea of what we're in store for in miami

Comment

• nosOlace
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2004

didnt make it to NYC, but im just getting home from seeing him at Avalon Boston and he owned!!! it was unbelievable, bummed that he only played for 2 hours though

Comment

• majortom
            Getting warmed up
            • Jun 2004

Crobar set was un-fvcking-believable.

5+ hours of driving, trippy prog - hard, twisted, pounding headfvck music.

Words can't really express just how good it was.

Comment

• cmd
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

^^^ strange. I didn't go but I heard many digweed followers say that it wasn't really good... they said desyn did a good job though

Comment

• kfitz
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by cmd
                ^^^ strange. I didn't go but I heard many digweed followers say that it wasn't really good... they said desyn did a good job though
                I would agree with this. I really loved the atmospheric stuff he was playing early on. It was definitely uneven at times. This was the type of night where he played some incredible tracks but I wasn't crazy about the set as a whole. My only major problem with the set was that he brought it up & down too many times. It was almost like a trance set in that regard. Usually it's just a very slow, smooth cresendo which I tend to prefer in Digweed sets. Desyn did a nice job opening. There were some tracks that I wasn't crazy about but the man has talent and knows how to build a set. The place was packed but it was a better quality crowd than what you usually get at Crobar. I would say that most were there for the music. Overall I had a good time. Hopefully he'll be around again before the year is out...

Comment

• cmd
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

thansk for your input kfitz, you just confirm what I had heard - Digweed didn't actually go anywhere in terms of flow and building up the set... the vibe just wasn't there.
                  Everybody has his nights off, even Digweed. Or maybe he doesn't like to play at Crobar anymore and played bad on purpose :wink:

Comment

• fuzzybaffy
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

My only major problem with the set was that he brought it up & down too many times. It was almost like a trance set in that regard. Usually it's just a very slow, smooth cresendo which I tend to prefer in Digweed sets.
                    Maybe Desyn is pushing too hard as an opener for Digweed, which would explain why his set was flowing up and down too much.

I mean, if your opener plays that hard, there's nowhere to go but down - if you keep pushing harder you'll be left with nothing to play at the end of the night.

Comment

• kfitz
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fuzzybaffy
                      My only major problem with the set was that he brought it up & down too many times. It was almost like a trance set in that regard. Usually it's just a very slow, smooth cresendo which I tend to prefer in Digweed sets.
                      Maybe Desyn is pushing too hard as an opener for Digweed, which would explain why his set was flowing up and down too much.

I mean, if your opener plays that hard, there's nowhere to go but down - if you keep pushing harder you'll be left with nothing to play at the end of the night.

Normally I'd agree with you but the thing is that a big reason why Digweed is even doing this tour is to help promote Desyn's new Bedrock album. If he's going to showcase Desyn, he's got to let him do his thing. Having him out there for 2 hours just to spin boring, plodding 120bpm prog & tribal isn't going to cut it if you want people to spend $20 on his album. Besides, a DJ as skilled and experienced as Diggers should be able to handle anything Desyn throws his way...

Comment

• cneill
                        Getting warmed up
                        • Jul 2004

Yeah, 5 hours should be enough time to come down from Desyn's set and then build up his own set.
                        Go n-ithe an cat th? is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

Comment

• anthony
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

so pissed i was in richmond for a workshop and missed this. please someone give a detailed review so i can imagine being there

Comment

• fuzzybaffy
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jun 2004

Well hopefully I'll try to catch them this Wednesday night at the Mayan. I suppose I should reserve my judgements until then.

Comment

• bigguy3
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Jun 2004

it was way too hot and packed in crobar. music was okay but probably one of digweed's worst sets i've heard him spin.

Comment

Working...