Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

whats your definition of the worst set digweed ever played?
    did he open his arms and praise jesus like armin or smoakenpole?
    did he train wreck every other record or cd?
    was he so drunk that he couldnt keep his eyes open?
    i just dont see how its labeled "the worst"

Comment

• bluntguy
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

i'm so ready for his set in SF Friday. i've had tix for 3 months now.

Comment

• Kobe
        I wish I had an interesting User title
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
        whats your definition of the worst set digweed ever played?
        did he open his arms and praise jesus like armin or smoakenpole?
        did he train wreck every other record or cd?
        was he so drunk that he couldnt keep his eyes open?
        i just dont see how its labeled "the worst"

It just wasn't that good. The selection and programming-- they weren't the bangin' monster tracks that make you scream, it was more like good records, but with no real continuity to the set or any real sense of purpose. It would have been a good set from pleantly of other DJs, but with Diggers you tend to expect more.

I thought it was just me, but apparently others picked up on that too. It was still a good time, and it was great meeting some of the other [ms]'ers: Ruby, GerryD, Zen313, and those 2 other guys, heh... sorry I forgot your names, catch everybody at the next one!!
        Beats are my crack.

Comment

• djrapture
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2004

Re:: digweed last night in NYC

Had a good time. I liked Desyn, but he definitely played quite hard for an opener. The first 4 hours of Digweed were pretty damn good, the best being from about 2.30 to 3.30, 4. Then at about 4.30 or so he got really hard, almost like techno. It was ok, but not really my taste, we left around 6.

Good night overall, though really hot and crowded, to be expected on a digweed night. Nice seeing you as always Ben and nice to meet the wife.

Comment

• LV-8
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Ok here's my response to the show on Friday. and Begin...

I thought Desyn played a wicked little set. I was very impressed and actually got to talk to him for a quick second and let me tell you this guy is very approachable and was nothing but a gentleman. Cheers to Desyn.

Diggers comes on around 1:00 AM. Honestly, I enjoyed the set and yes Diggers was playing some funky and I mean funky tracks but def. in no way was this set his best piece of work by far. He did play some hard ass tracks around 4:00 AM but I can totally see what everyone means when they say Diggers went up and down to many times in the set.

My best memory of the night was when he dropped Adonon Olivier - Casa Bulga the place went nuts!!.

Anyway, overall I liked this set, but I feel his set with Sasha in March was way better.

A question to all who went there. Did you guys get that Sound Factory Vibe in CroBar I mean like people just went to get cracked out in the club and were completely not paying attention to the show??

Comment

• Civic_Zen
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Hopefully Diggers ripps it apart on Thursday here in Denver. He won't be able to come down and build it up too many times because our nitelife suxx and will end at 2am.

I figure Desyn will play from 10-12 (but hopefully from 9-11) and Diggers will be on from 12-2 (but hopefully makes it from 11-2). I can't wait either way, Desyn has been one of my fav DJs since his releases on Yoshitoshi, and he has only gotten better and better in my eyes. I voted for him as #5 on the DJ Poll, and I've never seen him live. So its just as important for me to see him, can't wait.
              "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
              "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

man from hearing these poor reviews..it is going to make my 4 hour drive to miami that much harder.... i sure hope it is worth it.

Comment

• GerryD
                  I love skanking
                  • Jun 2004

Well here is my 2 pennies worth......

I caught about an hour worth of Desyn set. I think he did a nice job opening. Hell anyone is better than JVM opening up.

As for diggers he did some atmospheric stuff in the beginning and a bit of funky stuff like LV stated. Around 3:30 shit got really good and somwhat dark. I left at 5:45 am and the party was still going.

LV yes it was like the Sound Factory in there alot of Crackeads.

Ruby, Kobe good seeing you guys

Overall I had a really really good time. I was not blown away by diggers set, but i had a good time nonetheless. I would rather have an offnight of Digweed than an on night by a majority of DJs out there :wink:
                  "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• kfitz
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jun 2004

I'm not saying he was terrible or anything. It just wasn't as good as the sets he spun last year... Remember 75% of Digweed's best is better than 100% of most...

Comment

• hulkhuss
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

of course they are going to showcase Desyn for this tour....
                      Dig is just being a gentleman :wink:
                      http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• Kobe
                        I wish I had an interesting User title
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GerryD
                        Overall I had a really really good time. I was not blown away by diggers set, but i had a good time nonetheless. I would rather have an offnight of Digweed than an on night by a majority of DJs out there :wink:
                        Hey man, if you ever want to get up for some drinks out here in NJ, holler at your boy
                        Beats are my crack.

Comment

• rubyraks
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Well after not having any internet connection over the weekend, here's my review.

Desyn was pure class opening up. He had some great programming with some nice funky beats in there and really got the place moving. Surprisingly (and deservedly), there was quite a nice crowd there to catch his set. He just continues to impress me.

When Diggers finally came on, he opened with some funkier beats. I heard a number of classic/older beats (especially remember hearing the beat from "Forget The World") either in a new remix I haven't heard or mixed in with other unknown tracks. He moved from this into some of the hardest tracks I've heard diggers play (kinda reminded me of the massive set with a lower bpm). Most of the tracks were laced with some of the most jaw-dropping bass-thumping body-shaking drops possible. Aside from the brilliance of individual tracks, collectively there was no flow, it was way too constantly pumping hard (personally I need at least a little soul) and it got a little too much as the night went on. He did pull it back a little for his last few tracks, closing out the night with some more upbeat stuff. So all in all one of my least satisfying diggers sets, but then again that just may reflect the fact that I can't stand hard house (the constant hard bass just drives me crazy and eventually gives me a headache).

oh yeah and as always, I'll be damned if I could name a single track that he played all night...

p.s. nice meeting you Kobe and Chris. And as always great seeing Gerry, zen, tim and any others I'm forgetting now.

p.p.s. I will qualify everything that I wrote by saying I was pretty damn toasty most of the evening
                          "Work like you don't need the money.
                          Love like you've never been hurt.
                          Dance like nobody's watching.
                          Sing like nobody's listening.
                          Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• Wanni
                            Addiction started
                            • Jun 2004

^^^ I agree with everything he said.

Diggers wasn't horrible... but he wasn't the Digweed I remember.

My score of the nite - 1/5

Ruby it was great seeing you and ur wife (finally).
                            NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MusicJatt
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Aug 2004

i had a greeat time but i dont remember much of it ... i got there and immediately started drinking with my irish friend and got completely plastered ... i waited to hear him for sooo long too ... o well hopefully ill catch him in la

Comment

Working...