X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeatMonkey
    Getting warmed up
    • Aug 2004

screen warping screensavers

Anyone know of any cool screensavers that take a screenshot and warp it in different ways? (ie: turns it into a puzzle and moves it around, water ripples, melting, etc)

I know i've seen them around, but haven't been able to find anything free and worthwhile available for download. :cry:
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

have you tried searching for 'screensavers' in Google or yahoo?
    those sites are wonderful for such searches.
    might have to look myself.

Comment

• peloquin
      Till I Come!
      • Jun 2004

redhat has them built in

(well 9 did at least)

Comment

• BeatMonkey
        Getting warmed up
        • Aug 2004

Jib: yeah i've searched google a while back, and came up with nothing I wanted to put on my system, that was free. I'll have to do another search and see if I come up short again.

Pel: I remember seeing those on your pc when you had rh9 installed. they looked great. if only someone had made a port to windows...

Comment

• hobbes2oo
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Re:: screen warping screensavers

you could check out a program called dremples, it's a nice active wallpaper created by the same person that created milkdrop.

Comment

• BeatMonkey
            Getting warmed up
            • Aug 2004

I am quite familiar with dremples as well as milkdrop, both being great programs, but not really what i'm looking for. the key aspect of what i'm looking for is alteration of the screen in some form. in addition, i forgot to mention i would prefer not to have any spyware/adware installed along with the screensaver (not that milkdrop or dremples do, mind you. just in general)

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BeatMonkey
              I am quite familiar with dremples as well as milkdrop, both being great programs, but not really what i'm looking for. the key aspect of what i'm looking for is alteration of the screen in some form. in addition, i forgot to mention i would prefer not to have any spyware/adware installed along with the screensaver (not that milkdrop or dremples do, mind you. just in general)
              You want a new gold watch to go along with all that too? How about next week's lottery numbers?

Just jerkin' your gherkin.
              A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• BeatMonkey
                Getting warmed up
                • Aug 2004

yeah, skahound! If you give me next week's lotto numbers, I'll give you a 1/2 of the winnings :wink:

Comment

• Balanc3
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

um theres something called acid warp! and this site... tbl.org!
                  JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

Working...