X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musique
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Sander k on DVDJing

What do you guys think of programming visuals with the sets so in affect MTV can host sets with a programmed video to show. The new equipment by pioneer is being promoted by sander k. I thought about this a few years ago and always wanted to incorporate a visual element to the sound. I think it just shows how things are advancing in the world of dance music
  • SyntaxTerror
    • Jun 2004

Re:: Sander k on DVDJing

I really don't care much for it...

It's not like I sit at home watching tripped out visuals. I sit at home and listen to music. I think it's gonna be a good 5 years or so before it's advanced enough for me to appreciate it.

A lot of parties I go to use a separate VJ for this sort of stuff, I won't like seeing it become the job of the DJ aswell.

Apparently Zabiela has been playing around with it a lot too, and I think he's even done some shows incorporating it.

I'd much rather see DJs start working as hard as Zabiela does behind the decks for the music, because frankly 95% of DJs should be trying to catch up to people like him in that department. I'd hate to see them give up the chase and start using visuals and continue on 'just mixing one record into the next' if you follow what I'm getting at.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that DJs arent concentrating enough of the musical side of their performance as it is to start trying to bring in a visual element. Leave it to a VJ - There's tonnes of them in every city, they're the buffs at this stuff anyway.
    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• superdave
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I think DVDJIng is a great idea. If the visuals are worth watching and a venue can support it. I enjoy listening to music, but find it much more entertaining when I can see something that accompanies the music.

For example, I enjoy watching videos on MTV rather then listen to them on the radio. I can see the artist or whatever the artists inteded in music videos . Another example, is the Paul van dyk DVD Global. Whatever you think about him or his music, I thought the DVD footage of his tours along with his greatest hits were enjoyable. I found myself watching the DVD and never listening to the cd.

I know there are visuals at most clubs already, but I feel they are usually stupid and only work if on E, K, or something. Of course, if the visuals on DVDJs suck like club visuals then don't do it. Plus, maybe this will take some of the focus off everyone constantly watching the DJ perform.
      Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• swedetech
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

I guess its cool if you are on acid...

---------------

check out http://www.stockmonk.net for all your graphic needs!!! and www.jnmedia.com for custom websites, animation, 3d and more...

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

I am not a huge fan of it but i think if it makes other peoples time at the club better then why not. It's not like glow sticks or anything..

Comment

• BeatMonkey
            Getting warmed up
            • Aug 2004

I think its a great idea, but I would have to see the result before I could say whether or not it was worth while. Visual accompaniment to music has been a core aspect of performace for ages, and it is exciting to see where modern technology and modern music can take us. I have seen some very impressive computer generated and live visualizations to music, that I can appreciate whether I be intoxicated or not. What I'd like to see is something that can be created on-the-fly, so the DJs hands and track selection isn't tied down to match the visuals, yet still complex enough as to not be disappointing. (Like WMP visualizations or crap like that.)

As far as seeing it on MTV goes, its good and bad at the same time. It could be equal to the total shyte productions MTV generally puts on, but I suppose whatever it takes to get some of this music a little more mainstream...

Comment

• Pataky P
              asdf_imo
              • Jun 2004

I love Sanders music!!!He is a great DJ!!

Comment

• jdat
                Getting warmed up
                • Jun 2004

Personaly being into visuals ( like and produce ) I've noticed how much people don't care about that stuff.

I think it'll grow on people if there is a bigger emphasis put on them.

In regards to make use of the extra added option of doing visuals I think djs must because more creative because the basic mixing really isn't cutting it out any more; good track selection is still a challenge but pushing the envelope is something too few djs have tried to do.

Comment

• Localizer
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jul 2004

it's too "hippy" to sit around and watch visuals. people are more interested in dancing. it's great for the aura, but that's about it.
                  Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                  -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• hulkhuss
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

sander needs to concentrate on playing a good set musically
                    http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                      sander needs to concentrate on playing a good set musically
                      you aint lying...everyting i have heard in the past year or two from him has been below average.

Comment

• AberBot
                        Fresh Peossy
                        • Jun 2004

there are some "visuals sinthetizers" that you can sinchronize by midi to almost anything and you can control everything with your own track or music

Comment

• master of puppets
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

interesting
                          DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

• Jibgolly
                            Vortexuralizor
                            • Jun 2004

^ you're the master of one word post whoring.
                            smoke more budd.

Comment

• hulkhuss
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

^^^^^^^^
                              http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

Working...