X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • victorgonzales
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2006

Production computer problems

My comp has been freezing randomly for some reason. I use cubase sx3 and vst plugins. My CPU usage is only around 40-50 percent and I have plenty of memory. Seems to be more frequent since I added a new audio interface.

Im thinking maybe my box is getting too hot but I have 6 fans in the thing so maybe not.. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?
  • hambino21
    PFC Semen Ham
    • Jul 2004

Re: computer problems

possbly power supply? especially with that many fans and the new(probably more powerful) audio interface, maybe you just need to boost your power. just a thought
    " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• space23uk
      Fresh Peossy
      • Oct 2005

i have the same problem, look on the web for audio tweaking you pc for production, helps alot, and also clear out rubbish on your pc, back all the stuuf you dont need and just keep a dedicated hard drive for your music with regular back-ups in case for a senarios.
      Unplug anything on you pc like hardware that is not in use, over powering sockets is a major problem and i have seen my pc shutting down by itslef after overloading. Fixed by adding extension cables on different sockets in the wall. Minmize hardware that uses usb ports, not in use unplug.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

wow. 40-50%...i've been using live 6 and have yet to get past 20% and I've been laying on some heavy processors.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• victorgonzales
          Getting warmed up
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
          wow. 40-50%...i've been using live 6 and have yet to get past 20% and I've been laying on some heavy processors.
          I use insane amounts of vsts on a single project. Uses tons of power. I tried cutting off a couple of fans and that helped a little. I m gonna get a better power supply I think.

Comment

Working...