X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Why is it...

....people in committed relationships still openly flirt? What is the reason for this, attention, or to feel good about yourselves, what?

I was having this conversation with a friend of mine and we couldn't figure it out, so guys, please tell me why you do it?
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Why is it...

uhhhhh, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. i don't know many women in relationships who don't flirt with at least one guy in their lives. i notice this is particularly @ work. married women especially...

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Ok, I guess that was wrong....I will reword the question
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

Karen, you're the biggest flirt I know. maybe you can answer the question

Comment

• Miguel
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

somebody is feeding her her own cookie .... now shes getting the taste of it

i think it keeps the relationship interesting plus a chance for a menage a trois !!??

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by picklemonkey
            Karen, you're the biggest flirt I know. maybe you can answer the question
            Whatever, I am not!
            sigpic

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

It's basicly an ego thing imo. Flirting is a way of seeking attention and confirmation of your sex appeal. You know, finding an answer to the question "Do I still have it?" "Am I still hot?"

Funny thing: to me flirting used to be an olympic discipline, even during relationships, but since I hooked up with Erzina I just can't bring myself to it nor do I feel the need to do it. To be honest, it even makes me sick.

Comment

• Lrn
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jan 2005

your old, thats why

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

At least I can spell decently

And no, it has nothing to do with my age, only with the woman on my arm

Comment

• speciale
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Dec 2005

kinky hit the answer somewhat. there is flirting, but a lot of it is built in the personality. Some people can't simply turn it off.

You need to really look at simple flirting and real flirting. they are 2 different things IMO. real flirting means someone is looking to get some. simple flirting is just built in to the personality and/or someone who still wants to know if they go it.
                    Originally posted by Miroslav
                    It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                    No Soup for You

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

^^^ So if a guy tells another girl she's hot, etc, and then says something like we should get together sometime, but never actually does it....is that flirting or past that point? Like what is acceptable flirting?

edit: ok that is probably a bad example as I re-read that, that is past IMO...I guess I just don't know where the line is
                      sigpic

Comment

• Miguel
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Oct 2005

^^^flirting dosent go that far

Comment

• KinKyJ
                          Platinum Poser
                          • Jun 2004

^^^ that's not flirting, that's begging.

As for the line: when you're fully satisfied with your partner, you don't flirt. Basta.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                            AVB FanClub | President
                            • Oct 2005

^^^ so are you saying if a guy or girl flirt while in a serious relationship something is missing or there is doubt?
                            sigpic

Comment

• KinKyJ
                              Platinum Poser
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ can be either one of them or both (doubt as in low self esteem). what's chris been up to?

Comment

Working...