X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hambrecht
    Addiction started
    • Aug 2004

Is This Track Worth Anything?

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

...or should i give up...

Last edited by Hambrecht; January 21, 2007, 09:26:06 PM.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Is This Track Worth Anything?

With my lack of musical knowledge I wouldn't presume to do an indepth review , but it had me dancing around the lounge room!!

Maybe a couple of the bits [technical talk for I don't know shit] go on a little bit too long. Just tighten a little, but I really like it.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

might want to try the folks in the Production forum...they could give you better feedback.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^^ Are you saying I give crap feedback
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AndyH
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

Cant listen to this at work, but whatever you do mate dont give up!!
          [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• RiseandShine
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Sep 2006

just burned it, will listen to it and let you know
            If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is: infinite. - William Blake

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
              ^^^ Are you saying I give crap feedback
              lol...oops

no, sorry...that didn't come out quite right!
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• AndyH
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2005

Well I am not in a position to comment on the technicalities of the tune but it sounds good to me, especially when it comes in after the break.. I def say keep up the good work!

[quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Hambrecht
                  Addiction started
                  • Aug 2004

thanks for the feedback

i intentionally let the beginning and end draw out so it could easily be mixed. i guess that's the old dj in me.

if anyone has a chance to play it on a kickin' system i would be curious as to how it sounds...

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Oct 2004

Sounds pretty good. In my opinion the break in the middle lasts way to long. Also some big builds or more variations would beef up the track more. I mean lets say after that long break just have the beat and bass going rather than all the instruments or add some sweeping effects to build up more. That sort of thing would make the drop of the beat much sicker. Keep up the good work though!
                    soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

#1 - NEVER GIVE UP..You can only get better. You think Trentemoeller started out as good as he is today...hell no.

#2 - Don't be afraid to try anything in your tracks. Remember they are YOUR tracks. And you need to make them for yourself first and everybody else second.

#3 - Your track is pretty tight bro. I love the drum accents. Would rather have heard it from a 320MP3 but I inderstand your reasons. Quite a long song...do you think maybe you could say the same with the track at only 7 minutes? You'll get more people into it if it doesn't take 3 minutes to kick in.

Keep up the great work. Just remember to keep making music that YOU like...everyone else will come.

Hope this helps!

J
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Oct 2005

Just downloading now mate give u a reply soon when i have a proper listen.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

Ok have had a once over and my thoughts after listening to it once are this.
                          The start of the track takes too long mate. i mean it take 2 mins and 30 seconds for anything remotly interesting to happen in the track. try doing those sweeping pads which happen at 2 min 30 mark at say 1- 1:30 min mark. try cutting it down a bit. Also if i were u and remember this is just my opinions here but i would get rid of those drum rolls. Is it me or does the track kick in a bit too loud at 1 min 30 sec mark. Maybe i or we all need a better quality of the track. now that bass is not bad. even from the poor quality of the recording i think that sound would work well on a good system. i am not too sure what to make off the voice sounds in the breakdown. i like the beats at the 6 min mark they sound cool. Agian get rid of the drum roll. maybe just before it kicks in have a pause for a second or so to get the crowd a bit excited. i like the sounds at the end (not sure what u call it). that can be used maybe a bit more. Maybe at the start of the track. A little melody line would be nice in the track. maybe cut off those pads or something and open up a melody of some sorts and build it up from there and then take it down to finish the track with taht sound i mentioned before

Anyway hope my review helps. Like i said these are only my opinions. I am no expert mind u . All in all not a bad effort mate. I think with a bit of cutting and quicker changes to the track it would be more interesting. U have a nice starter for a track, which i think can be worked upon. Keep up the good work mate. and if u can maybe send a better quality that would be great. also any additional changes to the track or the final out come to this track should be posted on here.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                            Not cool enough
                            • Jun 2004

I forgot to add that those really high pitched sounds in there that just kind of whistle...i'd get rid of those asap. They realy make listening to music inenjoyable. Now some people like those kinds of sounds, but they won't work on the general public. I know if I heard a track like that and then heard those sounds...I wouldn't listen to it again.

And take mine and Johns advice...shorten that track up. 3:00 is way too long for an intro. 1:00 will do for ya...or ever 1:30 for the more proggy songs.
                            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Hambrecht
                              Addiction started
                              • Aug 2004

i have been busy with some other tracks but i updated it a bit and changed the link above

thanks for all the input

Comment

Working...