X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asdf_admin
    i use to be important
    • Jun 2004

boooooooooooooooooo!

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
    Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with cheers -- AND JEERS -- during the live broadcast in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...

dead, yet alive.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

viacom kids?

hahaha

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

I saw this last night, and I have to say, I was more than a little surprised at the reception they got. I would have thought that in that crowd, they would have received huge cheers.

Of course, not many people in that age bracket vote anyway, so it probably doesn't much matter one way or the other...

Comment

• Civic_Zen
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I wouldn't watch MTV video awards so I'm glad I got to see this since I would have never known about it.

And toasty, you would think that a board like this would be primarily liberal too, but its not. Assuming that the crowd is ignorant because of their age, or tendency to be liberal is pretty presumptuous. I don't blame them at all, who wants to listen to these two sluts?
        "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
        "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

this news made my day.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Civic_Zen

And toasty, you would think that a board like this would be primarily liberal too, but its not. Assuming that the crowd is ignorant because of their age, or tendency to be liberal is pretty presumptuous.
            I guess it is a bit presumptuous to assume that the MTV crowd would be more liberal, but I don't think unduly so -- I don't think it is any secret that the DNC and the Rock the Vote campaign are pretty closely aligned because of the belief that younger voters will tend to vote democrat, so it's not like I'm advancing a revolutionary idea here.

Regarding this board, I'm not sure that it doesn't lean left -- thinking back to the presidential poll, I seem to recall that it was skewed pretty heavily in favor of Kerry ( http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/...pic.php?t=2287 ). Amongst those that are vocal on political issues, it is probably fairly even, or leaning a smidge to the right, but I don't know that I'm ready to agree that the composition of the board as a whole is conservative.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I agree toasty, but I think its pretty close. Maybe 60-40 in favor of liberals, and I can't really take the opinion of anyone below the age of 21 seriously. Sorry, but all of us were liberal in HS, and if you went to college, you only became more liberal. Except in my case. So if you take that away, and take everyone who is over 21 on this board and then take their political leanings, I'd say it would be pretty close to 50-50.

I also don't think they Boo'ed because of their political stance, maybe they boo'ed because they saw Vanessa's contribution to the Cannes film Festival. Or maybe just saw what a whore she is. And she is such a whore, just look at her, just as bad as Paris Hilton. And why shouldn't she be, rich Mother and all. She can spend her life doing nothing but partying, doing drugs and making stupid utterly meaningless films that she can show to the French because they'll watch anything.

But really, they just boo'ed because it was the right thing to do. Just looking at them would make me want to boo, and once they open up there mouth's its a done deal.
              "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
              "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

classic. because saying "shhhhhhhhh" will really change the opinions of voters! hahahahahaha, thats hilarious.
                Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

personally, i don't give a flying fk what the siblings of a president has to say. Bush daughters, Kerry daughters, whatever...the fact that they were chosen to say something or that anyone cares what they think is reason enough for me to boo them.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

• asdf_admin
                    i use to be important
                    • Jun 2004

Re:: boooooooooooooooooo!

MTV crowd would be more liberal
                    MTV is pretty liberal, but also tres trendy. so it is a hard act to follow. I think it is funny for the tiny fact that they thought they were going to be bad ass, and make some lame ass plug for papa. lol.

I love the human being.
                    dead, yet alive.

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

^^ well, I guess it bears mention, then, that the daughters Bush also made a (pre-recorded) appearance and also got booed. I wouldn't think that it would be particularly satisfying to boo a tape recording, though, so it is tough to say who would have gotten the brunt of it if they were all there live.

Here's some good news for the Bush camp, though -- Barbara Bush is raging, raging hot...

Comment

• asdf_admin
                        i use to be important
                        • Jun 2004

lol. i hate politics. but i like pissing people off. :P
                        dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Balanc3
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I agree with asdjajsafasdasdasdas but they should have known better, I mean its Miami. MTV may be liberal, but couldnt pull it off in the republican city.
                          JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

• Garrick
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                            Here's some good news for the Bush camp, though -- Barbara Bush is raging, raging hot...

i find this statement quite odd, son......
                            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Garrick
                              classic. because saying "shhhhhhhhh" will really change the opinions of voters! hahahahahaha, thats hilarious.
                              garrick your funny as hell with that one. and i dont know why but i just get ultimate satisfaction by hearing kerrys daughters being called sluts. hahahahahahh you guys trip me out man.
                              "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

Working...