X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adia
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2004

"end of summer" tour

In light of all of the reviews regarding this show, there is one important point to keep in mind, John is a business man before he is a dj and I have been really noticed this the last two times I watched him play.

At Nerve in Miaimi (WMC 04) his set seemed to serve little purpose other than bridge the massive "I dont give a fuck who is playing after me" sound that Chris Fortier rocked out into Luke Fair's sound which on this particular evening was very reminiscent of his ever so popular spring promo. Neddless to say John got the job done even though Fortier blew out the monitors nand John played the wrong track on a cd at the end of his set.

Similarly his set at Sound Bar last week really made Desyn look good. It's almost like the guys trying to pass on the torch. Just as many others have been saying about the "end of summer" tour, Desyn has played a hard opening set and Digweed just didn't show him up. We all know John is a very smart man and when it comes to putting a dj sert together he always has a plan or motive for why he plays the way he plays. I just can't wait until he does a "proper" headliner tour again.

The best I have seen him play was when he headlined the congress theater in Chicago. He played after BT and the crystal method and he played "THE" Digweed sound that night. I was hooked ever since.

If more djs had half the self control and programming abilities of the guy, the EDM world would be a better place. It is relieving to see a dj who isn't all about the glory like so many of them out there.

[edit] adia forgot to log out.. This is Dan Bain [/edit]
Working...