If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Houston is what we call the armpit of Texas...not quite bad as Beaumont though, the chode/gooch of Texas. The nightlife was pretty good a few years ago but it's dwindled a bit in the past couple. You aren't too far from Austin & Dallas which have somewhat of a better nightlife.
Used to live there - cheap housing but nice, traffic, restaurants especially Mexican, medicore nightlife, people are generally friendly, oil and gas industry is big there, lots of churches, decent weather except summer which is too hot.
pretty much sums it up. traffic is usually pretty knarley & roads are always under construction. music isnt to terribly strong there, but there are weeklys around & big names make the rounds down that way.
I'd gladly pay money to know this won't be an issue since I was a kid with a minimal conviction for six months which was classed as possesion of cannabis / herb / weed / dope / etc.
This was just over 10 years ago and was a nothing sentence especially in comparison to nowadays. Also I have an academic sponsor from my Fiancee (who'll be applying on my behalf) if it makes any difference.
For those here who know immigration law please PM me as any decent advice would be more than helpful and extremely appreciated before I waste my time and forthcoming Embassy interview. I know chances are better not declared and if needed I'd rather not take another which hasn't ever been my game.
If it was Canadian immigration type stuff I could help somewhat, but I know the US is different.
Good luck, I am sure it will all get sorted
sigpic RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
naa mate. Remember, just be honest and dont try to seem like you wanna hide something. The problem isnt as much as they'll reject you based on what they know, the problem is immigration worldwide is taught to sniff out stuff that they dont know and dig deeper into things dont normally appear on the application and are the areas they are instructed to evaluate.
For example if there is a section on the application that asks if you have had any convictions or police records and during the flow of questioning they ask you something along those lines and you display "hesitation, doubt" or anything untoward that may seem like you are hiding something AND that is an area/section of the application that the immigration officer is instructed to glance over regardless of who the applicant is i.e. male, female, age, etc. then you're gonna get a grilling and get dropped like a potato.
Just be confident and honest. Remember, every country needs the international tourist and or visitor in any class so they can bring in the $$ from that sector (which is not small by any means and at the same time, doesnt take away from the local employment numbers) so most nations are still keen on doling out visas. But because of bad apples making things tough for us, they are taught to keep hard unemotional faces to deter / fish out anything that doesnt seem to fit.
Good luck, be sure to carry proper ID, supporting documentation that even includes permissions if you have to go take a shit in the consulate and anything else that supports your case.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
I'm a standup up guy these days and wondering if a five (5) year reference from my current employer would be of use when attending this so called interview. Fuck me, it's like sitting an exam you haven't studied for. I figure it's all down to merit and proving youself to be a decent citizen etc and not some mass-murderer which I may turn out ot be shouldn't this go to plan.
Life's on the line and no-one else feels like replying, damn.
^^ Take it along, it doesnt hurt. However I doubt it'll even get a glance if it isn't related to the purpose of visit, normally they want to see properly filled applications, valid passports, purpose of visit, every possible document supporting the purpose of visit, do you have the financial means to support this trip, and if you are a potential runaway i.e. take off, live on an expired travel visa in the country and never return to your home town or do you have a life in your country which will provide sufficient justification for your guaranteed return i.e. Job, Marriage, etc.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
It's a permanent move. As for documentation that'll all be in order including financial standing and so forth. Like I mentioned I think the visa application will be classed as me being sponsored by my girlfriend / Fiancee.
When you refer to my return and justification this is why I thought a five (5) year reference (to date) from my current employer might be of use, including a similar mortgage (should I bring along a statement) and no debts what-so-ever.
Valid passport, check those links I need to complete.
well if its a permanent move, its evaluated very differently, the 5 year employment will help show you were in good standing and held a job (basically you weren't a bum and you wont be a liability on the economy of the country you're moving to) so take it along,
I am not entirely sure how moving because of a spouse thing works but they do over-evaluate the genuineness of the case (i.e. its not a casual romance and she's offering to help you out vs. you guys are genuinely in love and you are considering this move to make a life together)
At thee same time, it could be relatively relaxed since you're from the UK (i.e. a First World Country) and so you already have a bucket load of brownies in your hand. A lot of those links seem like regular info they request, I say regular cause I've filled endless forms like those and am aware of the kind of info they ask.
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment