X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Oakenfold news!

i used to like Raul Brokeback&old, but that was ages ago.
    never liked his tranceport cd, but was mad in love with GU007NYC.

there's no hope of liking him any more, he has long since sold out for cheese.

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

I loved his old Essential mixes and his GU CD. I also collected his Fairytales radio show he had in 2000 or 2001 I think...where he played music to known Tales and a narrator told the story..that was nice tripping. I couldn't remember the name of the show and tried to google it..these were the 1st two entries for "oakenfold fairy tale"

"Paul Oakenfold Greets Her Madgesty - AOL Music News Blog"

"Oakenfold Cheers On World Cup, Brittany Murphy - AOL Music News Blog"

LMFAO..I mean this pretty much sums it up, or?

I still liked his soundtrack for the Travolta movie Password Swordfish but then something must have happened with that poor guy. I guess it has to do with $$$ or EGO but you never know. I saw him for the last time in 2002 in Cologne where he played on the Bunkka tour and this was a memorable night for me...1st because I never expected Oakie to suck as much as he did and 2nd but more important, Hernan Cattaneo warmupped for him and opened my eyes. Shame he was replaced by that hairy ego ape though...Hernan was the real headliner this evening and Oakie just had a big head.

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

Get ridence. Jokenfold has sucked it up long enough. I really liked oakey back in the day. Now he is just intolerable. I have not heard a Oakey set in like 4-5 yrs but from what people are saying they are just plan horrible.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• fer_
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

I remember seeing him at pacha for the heinken music thirst event and rocked the club, That was the last time he did well.

Great Wall cd .... I was in love with it.

Comment

• Miguel
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

I will admit I have never really been a fan of Oakies. I only saw him for the first time this year and he was only so-so (played some great classic tracks, but the other songs just weren't doing it for me). I do however love Tranceport, and Southern Sun is one of my favourite tracks.

If he wants to go into film, why not? You never know, maybe he'll end up being good, if not, he can at least say he tried....most people never get the chance to try something they have always wanted to do, so I say the more power to him
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

my darling, you're radiating with plur.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

hell, that guy has made so much money he could have retired 6-7 years ago and still been a millionaire.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• AndyH
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                    I will admit I have never really been a fan of Oakies. I only saw him for the first time this year and he was only so-so (played some great classic tracks, but the other songs just weren't doing it for me). I do however love Tranceport, and Southern Sun is one of my favourite tracks.

If he wants to go into film, why not? You never know, maybe he'll end up being good, if not, he can at least say he tried....most people never get the chance to try something they have always wanted to do, so I say the more power to him
                    I think that DQ has to be the most consistently nicest person on this board by a mile.
                    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• sotek
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Feb 2006

not a big news. he's been living in hollywood for quite some time now...
                      "I think social skills are probably the most important part of getting on in the industry these days. If you develop relationships well, you?re much more likely to progress further even with limited talent. Sad but true" - Dave Seaman

www.filter27.com | I'm on teh internetwebs.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
                        my darling, you're radiating with plur.
                        Originally posted by AndyH
                        I think that DQ has to be the most consistently nicest person on this board by a mile.

Awe thanks guys
                        I am just being me!
                        sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• AndyH
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                          I am just being me!
                          Bless...
                          [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• rubyraks
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                            hell, that guy has made so much money he could have retired 6-7 years ago and still been a millionaire.
                            I believe that should actually read: "hell, that guy has made so much money he should have retired 6-7 years ago and still been respectable."
                            "Work like you don't need the money.
                            Love like you've never been hurt.
                            Dance like nobody's watching.
                            Sing like nobody's listening.
                            Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• fumanchu182
                              Angantyr The Ruthless
                              • Jun 2004

I was hoping he was dead when I read the topic title.
                              The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• Yao
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Shitty DJ's with a messed-up ego and crappy skills & choonage are like weed: they never die.
                                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...