Pompous Fest
    Regardless the west coast trance heads
    follow him Oakie the pied piper
    the only one worst is gotta be PVD
    Those fans will clear Wal Mart's out of baby pacificers for miles
    Rave On
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• qwerty2222
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: Oakenfold news!

43 years old, man he's old, i wonder how he feels like when he's playing music in the clubs and most of his audience is half his age
      i guess he's kinda confused

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

oakenfold gets confused everytime he watches the movie congo and ponders if the gorilla amy is his real birth mother. then he looks in kinky's wallet and see the picture of their christmas card from 1978 with the whole family and remembers he might be human.
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• flash
          Gold Gabber
          • Aug 2004

yeah it`s fine

Comment

• hulkhuss
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

He is starring in Monster 2!!
            http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by fumanchu182
              I was hoping he was dead when I read the topic title.
              What a horrible thing to say
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Weizy
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

well oakey is truly getting on in the years so who can blame him if he truly is hanging it up in the EDM world. i know i am going to get nailed for this but i have seen oakey i dunno like 7-8 times. of those times i saw him he was less than flawless only once. i agree that he is a total cock though. i still listen to his essential mix world tour of 99 from time to time. it comes as no surprise that Oakey is all about Hollywood. best of luck Oakey! you and Tom Cruise should hang out so that neither of you have to feel like toads anymore.

probably the shortes dj i have ever met. its so ironic that he has such an ego and is about 3 feet tall! priceless

Comment

• sotek
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Weizy
                  well oakey is truly getting on in the years so who can blame him if he truly is hanging it up in the EDM world. i know i am going to get nailed for this but i have seen oakey i dunno like 7-8 times. of those times i saw him he was less than flawless only once. i agree that he is a total cock though. i still listen to his essential mix world tour of 99 from time to time. it comes as no surprise that Oakey is all about Hollywood. best of luck Oakey! you and Tom Cruise should hang out so that neither of you have to feel like toads anymore.

probably the shortes dj i have ever met. its so ironic that he has such an ego and is about 3 feet tall! priceless
                  well.. i guess no one is cursing him because of hist past. he's got so many musical/dj accomplishments some people can only dream about. i agree, he was awesome "back then", but he's been definitely lacking past few years. i think he just got old.

go home paul. call paris. open cristal. play bunkka.
                  "I think social skills are probably the most important part of getting on in the industry these days. If you develop relationships well, you?re much more likely to progress further even with limited talent. Sad but true" - Dave Seaman

www.filter27.com | I'm on teh internetwebs.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by BSully828
                    Say what you want about him now, but I bet there isn't a person on this board who didn't think his Tranceport or GU:NY was the shit when they first came out - and I'm calling bullshit on anyone who says otherwise.

He's crap today for sure - Bukake or whatever that album he put out was garbage - but he has influenced a large amount of the stuff we're rockin out to now.
                    I agree... but, I think doing soundtracks for the film industry is fine. Infact, I think it would be a suitable step for oakey because he's doing nothing for the underground music scene. I reckon he'd turn out some good tunes for movies. I'd rather hear his tracks on the movie screen than in my stereo.

Comment

• qwerty2222
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

more whining, this time with tiesto and judge jules as well

Paul Oakenfold admitted this week that he?s been making a ?conscious effort to move away from DJing? for the last 3 years and is hoping to become a Hollywood film producer instead.

"I still enjoy DJing, but traveling is getting me down a bit,? the nowadays LA based British superstar DJ complained in an interview with the Glasgow Daily Record, ?I don't enjoy spending every single weekend living in airport. It really does wear you out and stress you out."

London based Oakenfold peer Judge Jules was sympathetic, telling Skrufff ?I think being away from home territory every single weekend would be extremely difficult. On average I'm only away about 5-10 nights per month, which is workable.?

?The only way to deal with long haul touring is to have unglamorous two to three hour naps constantly, often during the period when a promoter is offering to take you out to dinner,? Jules added. ?I'm always having to turn down the offer of dinner in favour of pre-gig sleep. It worries me that this will be perceived as rude, but the body wouldn't be able to cope otherwise,? he said.

As well as moving into movie production, Oakenfold told the Daily Record he hopes to spend more time with his family, a sentiment shared by DJ Tiesto who last week admitted he ?fantasizes about marriage and children?.

In a frank interview published on his own website?s forum, the Dutch superstar spinner chatted about his recent split with his girlfriend of 5 years supermodel Monique and said he?s enjoying being single though hoping to meet a ?beautiful, intelligent woman? in the future.

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Mabee we should have Job swap. Oakie can come and do my job for a month and i will do his. We can see whos worse off. Aleast he will ge to stay in one place for 20 days a month.
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• solidify
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

i have to agree GU-NY was stellar and tranceport was a worthy followup but I have never been more disappointed then seeeing him live. Always left pissed off and on the thrid time I never went back. He continues to book dates on name alone!! A dinosaur amidst the 21st century, fossilizing as we speak! Glow sticks anyone?
                          Reason holds the helm, but passions are the gales.

Comment

• speciale
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Dec 2005

I never heard of the guy
                            Originally posted by Miroslav
                            It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                            No Soup for You

Comment

• FM
                              Wooooooo!
                              • Jun 2004

I respect Paul Oakenfolds descision in whateever he does. He is the biggest musical influence in my life, My favortie dj, role model, and I look up to him. I would wish to see him play as many times as i could since i heard that hes doing a switch to hollywood.
                              - Smokey (Portland Oregon USA)

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                              Facebook!
                              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Miroslav
                                WHOA I can change this!1!
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BSully828
                                Say what you want about him now, but I bet there isn't a person on this board who didn't think his Tranceport or GU:NY was the shit when they first came out - and I'm calling bullshit on anyone who says otherwise.

He's crap today for sure - Bukake or whatever that album he put out was garbage - but he has influenced a large amount of the stuff we're rockin out to now.

Sure, Tranceport was good...Gamemaster is still the one trance track that happens to be one of my favorite tracks in general. But he doesn't influence shit for me now. Unless he starts putting some twisted cerebral tech stuff out on Plus 8.
                                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

Working...