X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShaneLittle
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

I'm pissed at myself...

I just needed to vent, bear with me. So I make this demo tonight right and I get really nervous when I record myself, but as I was playing I was thinking "this bitch is gonna be bad ass", WRONG WRONG...we're talking about suga shane here! Mind you I've been spinning for almost 6yrs now! Listening to this demo made me feel like I can't mix for shit! I'm so mad! It just takes so much energy for me to record I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it again for a while. The track selection was good and the build of the set was good, but it needed some 'during the mix' tweeking that I don't think it got. I really wanted to put this on ms, but I've heard ya'll people mix and it doesn't stand a chance. This I don't think will be getting handed out...thanks for listening to my venting.

Shane
    I love vinyl.
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

If it's any consolation I'm sure it's better than any mix I've ever done. Wait...I've never mixed before. Sorry! Hang in there kid, think of it as writer's block for a DJ.
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Heh, thanks skahound, lol! Sometimes I listen to my really old demos and I think I mixed better back then than I do now! I'll try again tomorrow, won't get anywhere giving up. Late.
      I love vinyl.

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

know how u feel.

somehow when arent recording ur fucking great and then the second u hit that record button, it all goes to pot.

i hate my mixes when i listen back to em, notice all the little inmperfections - but my mates say they are great and when i listen back to them after a while, i dont even notice.

its just a bad patch, it will come good

Comment

• SickBoy
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Shane you will get brother. Keep your head up and keep on djing.

A wise man once said..........................

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never
          Give up.............. Winston Churchill R.I.P

Comment

• ShaneLittle
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

I'm back on tomorrow right away...gotta go 'nick the splash' tonight now! Hope I used the term correctly!
            I love vinyl.

Comment

• scott carrelli
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Re:: I'm pissed at myself...

I think it is the hardest thing ever to put a demo together at home. You don't have the energy of people to feed from and everything gets over thought. I try and record all as many of my sets out live as I can. If you play for a couple hours you will usually end up with a chunck good for on disk. Plus it has a much more natural flow. If you dont play out much bring some friends to your place and just play for them like you would out. Rock on.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

I feel ya man, that's exactly how it is too!

Originally posted by scott carrelli
                I think it is the hardest thing ever to put a demo together at home. You don't have the energy of people to feed from and everything gets over thought. I try and record all as many of my sets out live as I can. If you play for a couple hours you will usually end up with a chunck good for on disk. Plus it has a much more natural flow. If you dont play out much bring some friends to your place and just play for them like you would out. Rock on.
                I love vinyl.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

I'm the same way, when I know I am recording I tend to not trust my instincts as much as when playing in front of people. I think when we are in front of people, like Scott said, you feed off them. I finally just made a new recording last week, when my website is up, I will have it on there for you guys to listen to and give me some feedback.

Shane, we are all human and in this place I have noticed alot of people go thru the same stuff I do. We put alot of pressure on ourselves sometimes, but thats the beauty of it, we are perfectionists, and as we should be.
                  It is a very suppportive place, we are all here to listen and to help one another, and thats what makes [ms] special. Anyway, keep at it mate. Let us hear something soon,
                  cheers!

Comment

• FM
                    Wooooooo!
                    • Jun 2004

DJ's are their own worst critics...and if you're a producer too, well you're just damn well screwed...

you're better off sometimes recording live sets instead of home demos..not only do you probably mix "better" but it's a definitive true-to-life form of how you do mix and sound like.

Also, a good way is to start mixing to get into the flow of things, then try hitting the record button...you could always do a quick post-edit afterwards.

But yes, no recording=bad ass...knowing of recording = f'ups...
                    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                    Facebook!
                    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                      Vortexuralizor
                      • Jun 2004

try again tommorrow.
                      dont ever give up.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Jun 2004

I love you guys! I'll have something up soon, my first upload to ms...!
                        I love vinyl.

Comment

• master of puppets
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Keep trying bro, we're all have bad ass demos.
                          DIODE NOISE GENERATOR

slsk: bass_warrior

Comment

• remoh
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jun 2004

dude you have the same problem i have...lack of motivation! it's hard to get motivated when you are playing for your dogs...my advice is try to get another friend who spins over and feed of each others mixes.... all my friends are to busy so none come over .... tickets to vegas are cheap!

[URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
                            |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• ShaneLittle
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

Werd! But then again, so are tickets to Florida!!!LOL!

Originally posted by remoh
                              dude you have the same problem i have...lack of motivation! it's hard to get motivated when you are playing for your dogs...my advice is try to get another friend who spins over and feed of each others mixes.... all my friends are to busy so none come over .... tickets to vegas are cheap!

I love vinyl.

Comment

Working...